Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab CTX 3030 vs Equinox 800

Posted by virginia digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Minelab CTX 3030 vs Equinox 800
October 28, 2018 06:29PM
There are things I’m not thrilled with on the Equinox, mainly to do with the Mode options, but there is no doubt in
my mind the Equinox finds more coins for me then both my CTX and E-Trac did.
The Equinox ID is not as tight as the CTX on high conductors but it makes no difference to me.
Sometimes a deep copper penny will up average into the silver range or vise versa. Your still going to dig it.

The number of coins found with the Equinox co-located with other Metal is far more then I found with both the CTX and E-Trac.
Audibly the CTX is more enjoyable to run. The Equinox is a bit sparky and takes a little more effort to tame.
The Equinox is deeper then both CTX and E-Trac in my ground.

For some people, the extra finds the Equinox will produce might not be worth the extra effort and noise.
FBS is a pleasure to run in a park for sure.
I think the Equinox takes more skill to run then the CTX.
For me the decision to run the Equinox over the CTX and E-Trac is easy.
I need the absolute best performance I can get because my parks have been absolutely pounded for many years.
Most everything that is left is either real deep or next to trash.

I still have an E-Trac sitting around but I have no desire to use it. It has not been used one time since I received my Nox. (For Sale if interested)

One last thing.
I’m so spoiled with the light weight (no more harness) and wireless (no more chords) that I don’t think I could go back to an older detector.
Definitely a personal decision and it would help if you could try before you buy.

Bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2018 07:03PM by Cabin Fever.