Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites MXT thoughts

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites MXT thoughts
October 30, 2018 10:29AM
Was saving up for another DeepTech model but couldn't resist the MXT that Dan the man was selling. It is a Tracker E- Series MXT with stock 950 coil and 5x10 Detech s.e.f. coil. The price was right & Dan is a great guy to do business with. Never owned or used an MXT and was wondering your thoughts from those of you that have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2018 10:32AM by SkiWhiz.
Re: Whites MXT thoughts
October 30, 2018 10:58AM
I still have an MXT in my arsenal and always will. I prefer the Pro version over the E series because of the ground grab but the performance is the same. Your not going to be disappointed at all.
October 30, 2018 12:40PM
You're really going like using it with the 5 x 10 SEF search coil. My MXT Pro came with the 950 search coil and I ended up purchasing the 5.3 Eclipse, and the 5 x 10 and 8 x 6 SEF search coils. I sold my 950 search coil because I didn't like using it. There's not much difference in performance between 5 x 10 and 8 x 6 SEF search coils so I'll be getting rid of one of those. I haven't used the 5.3 Eclipse enough to have an opinion. What I like about the MXT is that it is simple to use, it's almost immune to EMI, it's well balanced, it's really deep, it has a great ID and the depth meter is spot on. Oh yeah, it's really fun to use.

tabman
October 30, 2018 02:16PM
What is there not to like about an MXT.

Had one for a while, really enjoyed using it. And I lent it out to my step-daughter, fitted it with an eliptical coil. She uses it to hunt the dry sand in summer.
Simple instructions,... use the presets :-)

For some reason or other I haven't seen it back. Especially after that first ring she dug.

If only a lot of machines could sound like an MXT.

HH
Johnb
October 30, 2018 03:27PM
One of the best machines to come along in the past 20 years. Still a top contender anywhere you wanna take one. Lots of coil options. Aftermarket battery packs make it extra long running. Before the pulse machines took over in Culpeper, it was the most popular machine on those hunts.
October 30, 2018 04:40PM
Thanks for the input folks, sounds like it is a good machine
October 30, 2018 04:48PM
Be sure and get a 5.3 Eclipse coil for the mxt. Its a great machine.
October 30, 2018 05:01PM
I have owned two of them and still have the Pro, not all pro which is just a new decal, I won't part with it if that tells you something.
I like this version for the tone id feature and back light.
Only wish is that it had a volume control as I some times use a Uniprobe head phone pin pointer and target volume vs pin point volume is quite a ways apart.
I mainly use the 6x10 eclipse coil as i like the solid bottom for brushy areas.
The relic mode is a version of mixed mode as Whites calls it and it is a great feature to have.
One of the best machines Whites has come out with in many peoples opinion, another Dave Johnson project if I remember correctly, great ground tracking/balancing incorporated in the design.
I believe you will like it Steve.
October 30, 2018 05:17PM
Yes I saw that on the Depot. It was a steal at that price.
Those metal box Whites last forever. I guess I am out dated but I like a metal box over the cheap plastic crap they make today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2018 05:19PM by Harold,ILL..
October 30, 2018 05:59PM
Your gonna like it...especially the acc. coil....couldn't go to a nicer guy and sure a steal at the right price my friend...smileys with beer.....
October 30, 2018 06:11PM
Dan,Dan, the MXT Man! Sorry but I couldn't resist. Ha!
November 01, 2018 12:43AM
Great detector .....it's bullet proof....my only gripe, no volume control...... it's a very very loud detector.

Everybody in the city park will know when you have a target......but I'm from southern California where it's hot 12 months out of the year ....... so I never where headphones
November 05, 2018 05:56PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dan,Dan, the MXT Man! Sorry but I couldn't resist.
> Ha!

dan! dan! (still the cz man!)..ehe! he! he! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.