Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dedicated detector for micro jewelry or Deus HF elliptical coil?

Posted by Druid 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Dedicated detector for micro jewelry or Deus HF elliptical coil?
November 03, 2018 07:27PM
Now that I have picked up some good recovery advice here is my next question; I waited until version 5 was released and bought a XP Deus with the 9" X-35 coil, mainly intended for trashy site hunting.
Since XP has also produced a HF elliptical coil that runs anywhere from 68-81KHz in it highest frequency settings would you simply add that coil for micro jewelry/nugget shooting or look at a dedicated gold machine?
Anyone ever actually tried either type of hunting with the Deus?
Thanks,
Drew.
Re: Dedicated detector for micro jewelry or Deus HF elliptical coil?
November 03, 2018 09:30PM
A 20 kHz machine is great for a first run a micro jewelry.
It will pick up some coins on edge as well.
Haven’t used the Deus for this kind of hunting.

But the machine to have is a Cult Classic called the Goldbug 2 from Fisher.
Simply because it uses a concentric coil and has great simple Flick of the switch Iron Disc.
I’ve even used it in a park setting listening for faint whispers and passing up the surface foil.

Another thing you really should consider is that all those modern on the ear headphones aren’t all that great.
Including the ones “Batteries Included” shipped with that all obsoleting, drop out of the Sky Equinox 800
The wind whistles around them and you cant hear the faint signals, deep signals, jewelry signals.

Get a detector that supports those good old WWII sonar operator or cesna aeroplane huge and comfy and warm headphones.
You allready look and act like a complete “Wacko” trying to find a small needle in a haystack,... might as well go all the way :-)

No offence towards the mighty Deus or Noxy though,... very nice machines.

HH
Johnb
Re: Dedicated detector for micro jewelry or Deus HF elliptical coil?
November 03, 2018 11:20PM
For $100 you can get Deteknix big cover-the-ear headphones that work with the Deus. No wind whistling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 11:22PM by PhDtector.