Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Can your detector do this?

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Can your detector do this?
November 28, 2018 03:24AM
Detector put into iron silent mode - swept over nails - Nails ignored - ring added - still in iron silent mode - ring detected with proper tone - ring removed -nails ignored again. Also works with ring buried couple of inches under the board with the nails.

I know it’s just a drawing, but I’ve seen it done for real. How about you?

P.S. ignore the numbers and the reference to the md-detector website, that’s just where the original graphic - without the added central nails and the ring came from. the finished graphic is the original nail board diagram plus the nails in the center and ring which were added in the actual testing.

[/img]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2018 03:44AM by lytle78.
Re: Can your detector do this?
November 28, 2018 03:29AM
well? what detector is it?
November 28, 2018 03:38AM
Anyone who has read all the stuff I have posted in the last year about a new PI detector knows very well what I am referring to. It can’t do everything - but It can do this.

Rick Kempf
November 28, 2018 03:47AM
Manta - Rick, what do I win? You can send my Manta to me at home.
Thanks
Tom
November 28, 2018 03:48AM
Manta
November 28, 2018 03:54AM
Right! And perhaps sadly, wrong. When it reaches the market (one of these days - no one is more impatient than me for that day) - it will likely bear some suitably “Fisher” name.

the bloody this is amazing. Narrowly focused - meant for only one thing - finding gold jewelry at salt beaches - but the tip of a bit of an iceberg - They ain’t kidding.

My own evidence for the truth of the demonstration is a video someone shared with me - just some friends horsing around with the Manta - making it do its magic. Too informal and raw to be public, but I know what I saw and stake my reputation on the forums that it was not trickery.

the usual mexican lunch in Globe AZ for those who wish to establish “Claim chowder” if it isn’t borne out in fact in good time.

Rick Kempf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2018 04:34AM by lytle78.
November 28, 2018 04:07AM
I thought maybe the Comass 76/77B Yukon series?
November 28, 2018 04:14AM
Perhaps on the Compass, but black sand would kill it dead. This toy sees right through it.

Manta and black sand

Rick Kempf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2018 04:21AM by lytle78.
November 28, 2018 04:39AM
I will be passing on the Manta or whatever it is called.

This other detector NASA Tom has been talking about has my interest.
Lightweight and with the dirt program in it.

Like to see a major manufacturer pick it up in their line and support,,like Nokta Makro.

And maybe they could along with some other special folks (i. e. Dankowski and others) make it even better down the road, be it another model or not.

Logistically speaking, Nokta Makro are hard to beat.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2018 04:42AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 28, 2018 11:42AM
To save me from reading every post about this detector does anyone out there have a guesstimate on a release? 2019?
November 28, 2018 12:59PM
Rick .... Rick ...... Rick...... you are second in line and being nudged out quickly for this BEACH machine lol. You know i dont know how those tests work, but give me some incite. If you put a non-ferr on/touching a ferr ..... on a TID i suspect it would give an extremly lower digit. With just two tones...... is any swing toward the non-ferr side causing it to beep? Is that how that works? Curious Rick how a Finny would respond ....... HI low or low HI?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2018 01:01PM by dewcon4414.
November 28, 2018 02:10PM
I have no information on when production machines will be available. I doubt FT will tell anyone anything about that till it’s ship-able. Just the way they do business.

The discrimination. It’s essentially a two tone machine. The best way to get some idea of it is to look at video which was posted several years ago on YouTube - well before the First Texas acquisition. I have added English captions and put it up on my Vimeo account - that makes it easier to follow. If you watch even part of it, you will hear the different tones. Unfortunately, it shows nothing about how the unit is adjusted to vary the effects of the ID function.

The first 5 minutes or so are enough to show the high pitched tone for all metal/low conductor and the low pitched Iron multitone audio signals.

In all metal, all targets give the same rather high pitched tone.

When “multitone” iron ID is selected, only low conductors give the same “high pitched” tone that you hear in all metal, iron and other high conductors give the second tone, much lower pitch. If a low conductor is detected along with iron, you may hear the high tone sort of sandwiched “inside” the low one.

When “Iron mute” (or iron cut) ID is selected, only low conductors are heard, they give the high tone - iron and other high conductors are silenced.

At about 1:30 in the video you will hear an example of this. Notice that the nails aren’t totally silent, more reduced and able to be muted by repeated passes. When the ring under two nails is swept, you only get the high tone for the low conductor ring. As you advance the iron mask control the silencing effect is more pronounced - less chance of some residual signal from iron. No demonstration of the effects of different levels of this setting are given in the video.

Users will have to learn the exact settings to give the best results n varying conditions. Hopefully the documentation will include detailed information on this.

It is not infallible, no discrimination system is. It works differently than any VLF IB does. They use phase shift to do ID (ML multifreak detectors also seem to use some time domain analysis). Multi channel PI detectors use time difference not phase difference, More massive, more conductive targets produce returns which last longer than the returns of low conductors. By taking two samples - one very early after pulse cutoff and another one later. These are compared and by this comparison, low conductors and and high conductor/mass targets can be separated into two “bins”. No finer information as to conductivity is available in current PI technology.

Here’s a link to my Vimeo where the video with captions is stored now.

[vimeo.com]

Rick Kempf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2018 03:26PM by lytle78.
November 28, 2018 03:19PM
Rick,

My first Impulse will be to set-it-up/configure it for this exact one specific discrete/unique condition (nails and ring)...…. then test it on the infinite conditions (variables) the world has to offer. Struggle. Learn. Then..... MAKE it work. (Detector = 1st half of equation...…… Human Ear = 2nd half of equation).

Alexandre & Carl have a very discrete technological target(s) to hit. "Focused" = Understatement.

Through the years...….. it is wonderful to partake/see/witness marvelous technological advancements...….. from a worldwide all-hands creed.