Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

11 reasons why not to buy a TESORO...

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
11 reasons why not to buy a TESORO...
November 09, 2018 05:09PM
Heres a few reasons why not to buy a Tesoro...if you want to see the BIG reason its around the 5 to 6 minute mark...WHY NOT!
Re: 11 reasons why not to buy a TESORO...
November 09, 2018 05:19PM
Popcorn, get your popcorn spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
November 09, 2018 05:32PM
I wonder if I was swinging the coil to slow...….hot smiley
November 09, 2018 05:37PM
Don't know how many Tesoro's you have owned and used but I have never had one that wouldn't hit on a silver coin. Why even post a video like this even if you don't like Tesoro products. What comes to my mind is having a downed dog and kicking him.
November 09, 2018 05:41PM
The same reason I have videos of the AT PRO getting spanked. To put information out there and let people make their own informed decisions. I dont have a love affair with a metal detecting company so comparing it to kicking a beloved pet doesnt really register with me.
November 09, 2018 05:49PM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The same reason I have videos of the AT PRO gettin
> g spanked. To put information out there and let pe
> ople make their own informed decisions. I dont hav
> e a love affair with a metal detecting company so
> comparing it to kicking a beloved pet doesnt reall
> y register with me.

The pet remark was because Tesoro has closed their doors and are no longer so showing them in a negative way isn't the right thing to do. It is only my opinion & I have no bad feelings toward you. I hate to see anyone huge or small company go out of business.
November 09, 2018 06:06PM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The same reason I have videos of the AT PRO gett
> in
> > g spanked. To put information out there and let
> pe
> > ople make their own informed decisions. I dont h
> av
> > e a love affair with a metal detecting company s
> o
> > comparing it to kicking a beloved pet doesnt rea
> ll
> > y register with me.
>
> The pet remark was because Tesoro has closed their
> doors and are no longer so showing them in a negat
> ive way isn't the right thing to do. It is only my
> opinion & I have no bad feelings toward you. I hat
> e to see anyone huge or small company go out of bu
> siness.

Steve-----Has Tesoro actually closed their doors/went out of business?----Last I heard, they had drastically cut back but were still operating.----Just a question.----I figured you would know as you are a dealer.------Thanks----------Del
November 09, 2018 06:33PM
I do too... I dont have any bad feelings toward you either. People watch my channel for info and this is my opinion on why not to buy a Tesoro whether they are out of business or not. I know there will be a lot hurt feelings folks but they will get over it.
November 09, 2018 06:51PM
I wouldn't argue for a second that the Equinox isn't a better and more versatile detector than a Cibola.

But what is the point of the video? Why do you care what detector somebody else uses if you don't have a financial stake in it? And what are you proving by posting a video of an obviously defective Cibola? The Cibola was my first detector and I moved on from it in fairly short order, but you definitely had an improper one if it wouldn't detect a silver quarter. I'm thinking the factory preset GB was probably way too positive.

Calabash, you are an intelligent guy and a quick study when it comes to metal detecting. But when you talk down to others who choose to detect with different equipment, you are not showing the "calabash digger" brand in a positive light.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2018 06:54PM by marcomo.
November 09, 2018 07:07PM
Del,
Being a Prescott local (Tesoro's home town), and having spoken to a couple of their ex employee's, Tesoro is closed.

To stay alive in business you have to evolve with the times or your business dies. Tesoro is a good example of this.
Personally, I was never a fan of Tesoro's machines. To each their own.

Dean
November 09, 2018 07:16PM
Ok making a negative comment about a detector or detector brand is now talking down to others. What a politically correct society we live in. The positive ground balance might be the culprit but try sending it back to get it worked on. To clear it up I don't make any money selling detectors.

The point of the video is Tesoro has a cult like following on here and I cant for the life of me figure out why.
November 09, 2018 07:16PM
I don't get how you can lump all of tesero into one detector?
And they do have a few machines with multi tones.
They also sell one with vdi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2018 07:21PM by GreenMeanie.
November 09, 2018 07:17PM
I can understand the obvious anger at Tesoro that comes out in the video for a out of box defective unit. That ground balance is waaaaaaay positive. Methinks Tesoro was having morale problems before the layoff for someone to pass that through to shipping. Dressing it up in a comparison to the EQ made you look like a mushroom, though.

I don't have any great love for Tesoro. The main reason I keep a Tesoro around is because of the Cleansweep coil. I can't get that coil size anywhere else. I wish I could. Fisher won't build one. Nokta/Makro won't build one. MARS/CORS/DETECH won't build one. So we are stuck with Tesoro. And Thankfully, they did.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2018 07:22PM by Mike Hillis.
November 09, 2018 07:20PM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
What comes to
> my mind is having a downed dog and kicking him.

When certain owners say that the downed dog is STILL a purebred deserving of the blue ribbon....they deserve a kick or two.

Let me clarify...it is the defender of the dog that needs kicking...not the dog itself.

I can give love to a 15-year-old mangy mutt with a limp and matted hair...hell...I just might prefer that type of dog.

But I'm not taking him to the dog show to tell everybody he deserves the blue ribbon.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
November 09, 2018 07:20PM
LOL another reason NOT to buy a Tesoro unit. Got a new unit that cant be sent back to fixed. Over 300.00 list price. If your a newbie and reading this don't buy one there are better choices out there at this time.
November 09, 2018 07:21PM
That's funny and I don't care who you are.....cool smiley
November 09, 2018 07:35PM
I am going to chime in on the golden sabre II and the Tone.
When tesero guys talk about the tone difference they are talking about the sound when going over silver mine would sound warmer and 85% of the time I could guess silver before I dug it up.
As far as Digital detectors I still like the tones better of some analog because they are not so scratchy sounding.
If I could find a Cortes real cheap I still would like to try that model but as far as the newer color teseros I will leave that fight to someone else I never used one.

But that detector you have there is something wrong with it they must of forgot to solder a circuit or something to not find a silver coin lol.
November 09, 2018 07:38PM
I couldn't believe it.... I swung it over it and had to do a double take. That brings the question up …..you are taking a big chance now if you buy a Tesoro detector???
November 09, 2018 07:45PM
Yeah I wouldn't buy one new with a company in trouble like that.
Used it would have to be cheap.
I bought an older whites off a dealer before that wouldnt turn on so I took a chance on it. I opened the box up looked around and a CAP had a broken leg for some reason. I soldered it back together and sold it off.
I think buying a Tesero used is a gamble now but no more then buying say a SOV BBS machine that minelab won't fix anymore.

calabash digger Wrote:
> I couldn't believe it.... I swung it over it and h
> ad to do a double take. That brings the question u
> p …..you are taking a big chance now if you buy a
> Tesoro detector???

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2018 07:48PM by GreenMeanie.
November 09, 2018 07:50PM
True..
November 09, 2018 07:57PM
Most use Tesoros have had the faceplate opened and the pot's fiddled with. I've had to open up and reset the last two golden umaxs I've bought as the tones were jacked and the ground balance was off. Takes a good 45 minutes to get the tone id back in proper when those have been jacked with.

A ferrite bead and a eyeglass screwdriver will fix you right up in less than 15 minutes.

HH
Mike
November 09, 2018 07:59PM
Say what you may but they can detect audio variances and just luv gold jewelry.....sad to see any business close...period.....
November 09, 2018 08:07PM
Well obviously something wrong with that One. But I have a Golden uMax and it's a 4 tone I.D. unit.
I am a big fan of tone I.D. and will not own a detector without it. Not only will the Golden Hit that Quarter but You could bury it 9"-10" I bet it would still hit it. But it's a rare Hot one so not sending it to You. Ha! I just did a Air test 10" on a Quarter with the Proper High tone.
Maybe I will make a YouTube video of it.
November 09, 2018 08:40PM
Ever dawn on you that this particular detector may be defective??
November 09, 2018 08:42PM
Why do you not allow comments on your videos. I like your videos BTW. I just found that odd. Most people want to interact with their audience. Not knocking you on this, just genuinely curious.
November 09, 2018 08:48PM
I post on forums where its moderated. YouTube is a wild west show.
November 09, 2018 08:50PM
might send it to you to get it fixed if he doesn't get it replaced. If your interested.Mike Hillis Wrote:
> Most use Tesoros have had the faceplate opened and
> the pot's fiddled with. I've had to open up and r
> eset the last two golden umaxs I've bought as the
> tones were jacked and the ground balance was off.
> Takes a good 45 minutes to get the tone id back in
> proper when those have been jacked with.
>
> A ferrite bead and a eyeglass screwdriver will fix
> you right up in less than 15 minutes.
>
> HH
> Mike
November 09, 2018 08:57PM
I can't remember anyone ever accusing me of political correctness before.eye popping smiley

But if you consider respecting others who choose to enjoy this hobby with different detectors than I would ever want to use politically correct, than I guess I am.
November 09, 2018 11:11PM
bado1 Wrote:
> Del,
> Being a Prescott local (Tesoro's home town), and h
> aving spoken to a couple of their ex employee's, T
> esoro is closed.
>
> To stay alive in business you have to evolve with
> the times or your business dies. Tesoro is a good
> example of this.
> Personally, I was never a fan of Tesoro's machines
> . To each their own.
>
> Dean

Thanks for your reply Dean.----I think it's very sad to see Tesoro close but I guess the writing on the wall was there for some time.----------Del
November 09, 2018 11:14PM
Hey CD, you remind me of Trump. Nice thick skin, and you just tell it like you see it. I like that.