Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MMK v. Anfibio

Posted by martygene 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MMK v. Anfibio
December 15, 2018 02:23AM
Has there been any discussion about the Makro Multi Kruser versus the Anfibio? Without owning either one ( but i would like to own one of them) can I get some help deciding? First off I would grab the Anfibio if not for the weight (3.7 pounds) versus the MMK at 3 pounds. Is the MMk as good as the Anfib by 80% or so? So far I think that the Anfib's new 11" coil is super but can it be used on the MMK? I see that they both can use the new concentric coil that I would love to try out in heavy iron. I had the Impact at 4 pounds and it is just to heavy for me. I doesn't seem like .7 pounds between the MMK and Anfib would make much difference but it very probably could. Without being able to get my hands on them I would love it if you who own one or both to help me out with that. I run the Deus mainly for the weight or lack of and have learned to be pretty good with it. If XP were to come out with a concentric coil I would be all over that.
Thanks in advance if any of you can help me out with this.
Happy Holidays ya'll
gene
Re: MMK v. Anfibio
December 15, 2018 02:51AM
I can't tell you how the MMK compares to the Anfibio but I can tell you that the MMK is a featherweight and a joy to swing paired with the 7" concentric. Darn deep for a smaller coil as well. Super in iron.
December 15, 2018 03:31AM
Coils for the Anfibio are the same for the MMK.
The Anfibio is heavier than the MMK and you will feel the weight but, not as heavy as the Impact. The Anfibio balances much better than the MMK, so the extra weight is not as notice-able when hunting and the straight shaft feels much better than the s-handle set-up.

The MMK will feel closer to a Tesoro weight you maybe used to. Comes down to do you want the extra features and modes of the Anfibio. I found when using the MMK after coming off the Impact, you always felt something was missing, just couldn't put a finger on it.
With the Anfibio Multi, I don't miss the Impact at all.

The MMK with the 7" coil is featherweight, swings easy, detect all day. As much as you like Tesoros, I do too, you may find you'll be parking the Tesoro much of the time, if you buy a MMK.

If you get the new 11"DD and the 7" concentric, probably be the only two coils you'll need for coin and jewelry hunting.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 15, 2018 03:45AM
I've gone Racer, Racer 2, Impact, MMK. I have an Anfibio arriving tomorrow. If the Anfibio's progression is anything like the ones before, I'm sure I'll be very happy with it. I sold the Impact as I wasn't too happy with the weight although it did swing well. Better than it's weight would make you think. The MMK offered everything I liked and used on the Impact with the added benefit of being Waterproof, and Lighter, with rechargeable a battery. I'm very happy with my decision to sell the Impact and keep the MMK. Now I'm about to see if the Anfibio obsoletes the MMK (for me anyway).
December 15, 2018 02:00PM
Anfibio is more versatile tool. More relic hunting abilities. Kruzer is coin shooter but you can also give a try for big iron...
December 16, 2018 10:52AM
martygene
Has there been any discussion about the Makro Multi Kruser versus the Anfibio? Without owning either one (but i would like to own one of them) can I get some help deciding?
Gene, I have read some discussions here and there, and as with any newer models you are going to find folks who favor one over another for personal reasons. Between the two, I prefer the 'feel' and balance of the Anfibio Multi to the Multi Kruzer when they are both using the same search coil, and for me it is the 7" Concentric I like best for most day-to-day searches.

martygene
First off I would grab the Anfibio if not for the weight (3.7 pounds) versus the MMK at 3 pounds.
I had the Impact at 4 pounds and it is just to heavy for me. I doesn't seem like .7 pounds between the MMK and Anfib would make much difference but it very probably could. Without being able to get my hands on them I would love it if you who own one or both to help me out with that. I run the Deus mainly for the weight or lack of and have learned to be pretty good with it. If XP were to come out with a concentric coil I would be all over that.
A detector/coil combinations weight is only part of the whole picture. If comparing detectors with the same search coils, then it gets more fair because different search coils can weigh different, and even the locations of the rod-mount on the coil can help or it can throw the balance and feel way off.

So in addition to the weight of the whole package you have to factor in:

• The grip and grip angle, the feel of the grip.

• The search coil's rod-mount position that affects the balance.

• The rod length extension used.

• Location and weight of the control housing and a battery housing.

You mentioned the Impact as well as the XP Deus with the two 'Multi' versions from Nokta-Makro and I have used a borrowed XP Deus a little, but didn't like the nose-heavy feel and balance, nor the XP's audio which I found irritating. I liked the grip angle and 'feel' of the Multi Kruzer over the Impact, but of those two I preferred the balance and feel of the Impact to that of the Multi-Kruzer. However, of these three, I find the Anfibio Multi to be the most comfortable.

martygene
Is the MMk as good as the Anfib by 80% or so?
The two models are very close in many ways with regard the adjustment features, search modes and performance. I would guess most average Hobbyists wouldn't be able to tell a difference in performance when comparing similar modes. However, a more experiences Detectorist should be able to discern pros and cons between them. I have several test scenarios I use with any and all detectors and the Anfibio Multi passed the toughest of them, which is the only Nokta-Makro device I have or have had that has done so. Not even my favorite and proven FOS CoRe or FORS Relic units can, nor a Racer 2, Impact or Multi-Kruzer.. By the way, neither did an Equinox 800 or XP Deus.

So perhaps the Multi Kruzer can provide 80% or even a little more performance of the Anfibio Multi ... but they are not the same.

martygene
So far I think that the Anfib's new 11" coil is super but can it be used on the MMK? I see that they both can use the new concentric coil that I would love to try out in heavy iron.
Yes, all of the Kruzer, Multi-Kruzer and three Anfibio series models share the same search coils. And to me, the 7" Concentric is perhaps the best general-purpose coil for any of these models, and I like the new 11" DD the best as a standard to larger-size coil for open areas with little masking trash.

Just my thoughts,

Monte
December 16, 2018 01:49PM
Monte,
Would you mind elaborating on the tests that the Anfibio can pass but the others couldn't? Thank you!

Dean
December 16, 2018 06:22PM
The MMK is very light, you can swing it all day long without issue. The DNA is the same as the Anfibio, they share the same coils, but the Anfibio has more search modes (as does the Impact). I've had the Red Racer, R2, Impact, and now MMK, and I like the MMK the best out of the bunch. It's an improvement on the Impact, sans some search modes that I personally never used. The Impact is a hot ergonomic mess IMO. I've dug some very deep silver coins with the MMK, so it's not lacking in depth. Put the stock Anfibio coil on the MMK and they'd be equal in performance I'm sure. I'm more of a relic hunter then a turf hunter, so while yes depth is important, iron sifting is even more important, and the MMK has been the best iron sifter out of all detectors I've used in the past (C$, CZ70, F75, Omega, AT Pro, etc.). Personally, with the same coils on each detector and using the same search modes, I doubt you could discern any real world differences.
December 16, 2018 06:50PM
I am interested in the tests the anfibio will pass that the mmk and impact wouldn't pass also. Very interested in this machine if I can sell my mmk, the impacts ergonomics were pretty much perfect for me but I can't stand swinging the mmk the s rod is just uncomfortable. Think the anfibio fixes that with the straight rod like the impact and it seems the anfibio is geared even more toward relics then the rest of their selections, even though nasa Tom has stated the impact handles nails slightly better then the rest

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2018 06:56PM by Pedlar mills.
December 16, 2018 11:40PM
I couldn't swing the MK the way it was either. In a short time my forearm would start hurting. When I had the MK I hip mounted it and then was a pleasure to swing on land and in the water.

How does the Equinox w/ 6" coil compare to the Anfibio w/ 7" concentric in iron? Is the Anfibio still better?

Rick