Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I'm stoked. My new ATPro will be waiting on me tonight.

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I'm stoked. My new ATPro will be waiting on me tonight.
November 09, 2018 08:21PM
I'm excited as I've been looking forward to it all week as I've always liked the AT Pro.

HH
Mike
Re: I'm stoked. My new ATPro will be waiting on me tonight.
November 09, 2018 08:43PM
Don't make it wait too long. lol

Stoked
November 09, 2018 08:49PM
I'm afraid to click on the link.

sad smiley

HH
Mike
November 09, 2018 09:48PM
It's a great machine Mike. You get the 5 X 8 coil too? Must have coil on that machine
November 09, 2018 10:00PM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a great machine Mike. You get the 5 X 8 coil
> too? Must have coil on that machine

X2

tabman
November 09, 2018 10:21PM
Have fun. A fine detector.
November 09, 2018 11:14PM
It's a good iron sifter, I liked their iron audio pro mode, sniffed out some nice silver in the thick of iron.

Matter of fact, here's an oldie but goodie:

[www.youtube.com]
November 11, 2018 12:52AM
That is impressive with the size of the iron that came out of that hole. I can say the AT Pro is light in weight and deadly with the 5x8" coil on it. Not super deep with this combo but I can get a good 7" deep on a dime in my soil.

Cal_cobra Wrote:
> It's a good iron sifter, I liked their iron audio
> pro mode, sniffed out some nice silver in the thic
> k of iron.
>
> Matter of fact, here's an oldie but goodie:
>
> [www.youtube.com]
November 11, 2018 05:50AM
With the AT gold and 5x8 I had and with the ground balance turned negative it was hitting my 9" test dime.
November 12, 2018 03:13PM
The detector arrived Friday so I got to use it Sunday.

Using the ATPro is like riding a bicycle. Once you have done it once its no problem to do it again. Very nice.

Nothing special to report for my maiden hunt other than a little over $7 in clad. ($4.75 in quarters, $1.70 in dimes, /.50 cents in nickels, and about 20+ pennies.

I like Pro mode for most stuff, but I like STD mode for digging aluminum. Aluminum range targets really stand out in STD mode, and I dig a LOT of aluminum. I'll probably use STD mode in my patches and Pro mode everywhere else.

I'm very pleased with it.

HH
Mike
November 12, 2018 03:28PM
EPL II Wrote:
> That is impressive with the size of the iron that came out of that hole. I can say the AT Pro is light in weight and deadly with the 5x8" coil on it.
> Not super deep with this combo but I can get a good 7" deep on a dime in my soil.
>
>
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's a good iron sifter, I liked their iron audio pro mode, sniffed out some nice silver in the thick of iron.
> >
> > Matter of fact, here's an oldie but goodie:
> >
> > [www.youtube.com]

Ironically I had been over that exact area heavily with my F75, never got a peep of high tone. That same area had a funny masking issue when was using my F75, very odd tones, started digging and got an old brass wingnut, swept the F75 over it again, and got a broken high tone, and then multiple mid-high tones, dug another old brass wingnut. Swept the F75 over it again, and then was getting one mid-high tone and a broken high tone. Dug another old brass wingnut, and then when sweeping the coil I got a solid 92. It turned out that the wingnuts were in a triangle formation over a walker half dollar. In that same small area I pulled out several silver dimes, the walker half and maybe a silver quarter and some wheats. That's what prompted me to re-scan it with the ATP, and then I got the sterling silver spoon. Ended up digging 4 sterling silver spoons out of this site. It was an older boy scout/church camp, started in 1940 and died in the 1960's. Another fellow and I dug well over 100 silver coins in five weeks out of this site, silver jewelry, a gold ring, etc., and then it basically dried up.
November 12, 2018 08:14PM
I could swear it has 4 tones in Pro mode. Low, Medium, Zinc, and High tone. Items in the Zinc range like modern pennies and keys have their own unique pitch. A little blending of medium and high tone.

HH
Mike
November 12, 2018 08:36PM
Well done Mike.

Excluding all Minelab models, the "AT Pro", was 'my detector of this decade',
I came to it late: though I had 'seen it' in 2010 when it had been introduced: I got to test it in 2017: my Conclusion was "I was sorry I hadn't picked it up before now!"
It's a machine I wouldn't hesitate to acquire again.

Excluding all Minelab models again: "The Teknetics T2" was my detector of the Previous decade. Loved everything about it...that color was absolutely gorgeous!
Re: Teknetics: I'd 'prefer' to get a more stable T2 where I could crank SENS all the way instead of running @ 70% due to EMI.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2018 08:38PM by Des D.