Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need alittitle help from my friends

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need alittitle help from my friends
November 11, 2018 03:39PM
I know that DanPa. has had his troubles and I feel for him and his wife and wish them the best. My family is going through a rough time as well. My daughter Sarah turned 30 on the 5th. of this month and a day after her birthday she tried to commit suicide. She has struggled with depression since her teens, she has a heart of gold and is smarter than a whip. She took over 150 pills and drove off to a side road about 5 miles away. Luckily my wife came home on break and noticed her vehicle gone (she hardly ever leaves the house), she had a bad feeling and called the troopers, they pinged her cell phone and found her. They gave her something that kept her alive until she got to the hosital. She is okay and in the mental ward of the hosital, not sure for how long. We see her twice a day but could use all your prayers,thoughts,etc. I don't want any of you to feel sorry for us that is not the reason of this thread it is because I know how poweful and how helpful positive input can be. Thank you all. Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2018 03:42PM by SkiWhiz.
Re: Need alittitle help from my friends
November 11, 2018 04:51PM
Our prayers and well wishes are with you and your family Steve....and feel the other members have positive thoughts...going to take time and patience and hope for a full recovery.
November 11, 2018 09:02PM
My Stepdaughter has had problems with depression since her teens as well.
At the moment in her early thirthies.

Broken household, overweight, problems at school, problems with first boyfriend, addicted to pain killers and cannabis.
Got pregnant, got away from boyfriend and back home at 30 with toddler.

As a newly formed family we’ve been to Hell and back.

But you simply stick at it, get up in the morning, do your work, give them the love and care they need.

We moved house and it ripped her out of the familiar “problematic” environment.
Out of the busy suburbs into the countryside,... I’m a country boy.

After a year just staring at the garden, watching flowers grow, cows in the fields, leaves blowing on the trees,... she started to accept herself.

At the moment holds down a job as a night-nurse, has a decent hardworking boy-friend, money problems are solved, kid is 5 years old and enjoying life.
The run away behaviour of addiction has stopped and she tackles problems head-on and deals with em.

Stick at it, stop fighting is loose the battle.
But sometimes you need to retreat, regroup, take time out.
And come back fighting.

When they see that you aren’t giving up on them,... then they start to believe they can do it to.

Hang in there !!!

HH
Johnb
November 11, 2018 09:05PM
Wishing the best for you and her. Depression is so hard for those of of us never personally experiencing it to understand. I had a 14 year old niece hang herself to death on the last day of school and no one seen any warning signs including my daughter, her closest friend who was with her almost every day. Hopefully with your daughters second chance she will find the help she needs to overcome.
November 11, 2018 10:23PM
Steve I wish you the best. Your daughter is lucky to have you and your wife as a support system, she couldn't ask for more than that thumbs down
November 11, 2018 10:38PM
Yes Mental illness is a serious issue and a Disease just like Cancer.
My Dad had Manic depression so been there. Prayers sent.
November 12, 2018 03:01AM
I am so sorry. My prayers are with your daughter and you and your family.
November 12, 2018 04:20AM
So sorry to hear this, Steve. My prayers for you and your family.
November 12, 2018 05:59AM
my prayers and best wishes, Steve. life is precious, take care.
Jeff
November 12, 2018 07:43AM
I can only imagine. Prayers offered!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 12, 2018 11:04AM
SO sorry to hear this, Steve. I will pray for your daughter -- and you and your wife, as you go through this difficult time. I'll pray also for Dan, and scoopjohnb -- who it has been revealed to me in this thread are/have also struggled with things.

May God bless...

Steve
November 12, 2018 11:05AM
Gut wrenching. Read your story to my wife. Putting out positive thoughts for you and your family.
Sarah, your spark of life has been preciously given to you, use it to its fullest, you belong here, please stay.
November 12, 2018 12:50PM
Our prayers and best wishes are with you, Steve.

Dean
November 12, 2018 01:00PM
Steve my prayers go out to you, hang in there!
November 12, 2018 01:45PM
Prayers for you and family.
November 12, 2018 04:15PM
Ski,

Prayers coming your way. Stay positive and it will work out with His help.

Emil
November 12, 2018 05:14PM
Hi Steve,
Will keep you and Sarah, and your family in my thoughts. Depression is much more common than many realize and it is a challenge to meet and beat it. My family and most of our friends have been touched by both anxiety and/or depression and a close friend's daughter just 15 had done pretty much what you describe happening. On the up side all of the persons that have had these episodes have come through to a better and happier, functioning state and have progressed with their lives and are doing well. Don't allow despair to come over you it can be beaten. Read up, study, and reach out to your physician, church, and community resources there is much help and support available out there.
best regards,
Drew.
November 12, 2018 07:14PM
Worrying about your kids never stops. As a parent of a boy that put our family through some emotional times I will tell you that you are not alone and the hardships of life are playing out in many homes. I wish your family well. Depression has an effect on the entire family structure. Remember to take care of each other. Love is awesome but can very painful.
November 12, 2018 08:38PM
Steve, I wish the best for you and your family. Things will get better.

tabman
November 12, 2018 08:38PM
Sorry to hear of your family troubles. My family has had some similar situations. Cant put a band-aid on mental problems. Depression exists in all of us to different degrees. Stress is a reality and is the root to sooo many illnesses. Being physically sick and immobile can also cause depression to wake from its dormant state. Things that have helped us...... laughter, pets (dogs), exercise, classical music, nature sounds, and of course metal detecting. Im not religious, but do believe in God....our prayers are with you all.
November 13, 2018 03:49AM
Prayers sent your way buddy. God Bless!
November 13, 2018 04:00AM
Sad to hear.
Hope your daughter makes a full recovery.
I am hoping and praying for your daughter as well as you and your wife.
This with the holidays approaching has to be real tough.
Take care.
November 13, 2018 04:12AM
Dear Heavenly Father,

Please Help Steve's daughter, lay you healing hand upon her soul. Help her to find her way back to you and be forgiven of all sins and profess that YOU, Jesus Christ are the true SON OF GOD and be Baptized in your healing blood.

We pray to your name Jesus Christ the true son of God

AMEN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2018 04:14AM by Hombre.
November 13, 2018 11:32AM
Thanks again to you all for your support. I have always said the only thing better than the hobby of detecting is the people that detect. She told us that she didn't want any company ladt night, she has been taken off some of her medicine and put on some others and feels tired and aggitated. She gets out tomorrow but says she doesn't feel ready to leave. She is scared to be alone and will be until my son gets home from school and her mother & I get home from work.
November 14, 2018 02:01AM
Hey Steve keep us updated....if we can help in any way. Changing meds can be tricky. Depression can be a roller coaster ride. The thing with prayer is that there is power in numbers. Not power of our own, but power in acknowledging that we need Him. Him being the Heavenly Father....the only self-existent God. Peter was able to walk on water as long as he focused on the Son (He who has power). Even the Son prayed to the Heavenly Father....how much more our need to pray. Take one day at a time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2018 02:15AM by Arkansas.