Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hot Head Ferret 5.5 coil 6.59 khz

Posted by coinspader 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hot Head Ferret 5.5 coil 6.59 khz
March 22, 2019 03:58AM
Just bought this coil for my Whites classic III plus, anyone have any experience with these coils? Good or Bad
Re: Hot Head Ferret 5.5 coil 6.59 khz
March 22, 2019 04:04AM
Have no experience.
But your Coil could be rather rare.
At least according to one poster Hombre here.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
March 22, 2019 10:38AM
Used one on my MrBill IDX. Awesome little coil.
Sometimes wish I would’ve kept that setup but then I remember how heavy
the Whites big boxes were and quickly get over the nostalgia!!!
March 22, 2019 12:27PM
That's Hombres fave Whites coil! And very rare one at that.
March 22, 2019 02:38PM
I thought I read something about this coil from Monte, thats why I jumped on it when it came for sale. It will be interesting to see how it does on my Classic III plus.
I'm a big fan of this coil. !!!!!
March 22, 2019 06:26PM
Hey coin spader, I also heard about this coil when the FM still had a White's forum. A guy by the name Ronk raved about it and Monte was the one who sold him the Classic lll SL with the Ferret coil. A search of that forum should turn up some tips and data on this excellent coil.

I don't have much to say about it other than to say that the Classic series like to have a very slight positive Ground Balance setting when checked with the trigger pulled all metal mode. When the GB is adjusted right and run at or near full Sensitivity...the depth of this little coil will impress.

Not too bad at separation in the heavy iron also.

It will come down to this basic question, does it work? In the past I had purchased a bad one, so if you score a good one, you will like it I bet....JMHO
Re: I'm a big fan of this coil. !!!!!
March 22, 2019 06:48PM
Hey thanks Hombre for your input on this coil, I hope it is functional and gives my little Classic III plus a boost. I already really like the Classics and it will be interesting to see if this coil adds to the separation and depth of mine. It's nice just to have a rare coil to try out. Can't wait to get it.smiling bouncing smiley