Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any Fisher F75 Swingers Out There?

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any Fisher F75 Swingers Out There?
November 22, 2018 06:09PM
In my mild soil, I've found more silver coins using my F75-DST than I have with my other detectors. It's hard to beat when paired with a NEL SharpShooter search coil. I averaged finding 2.5 silver coins per hunt when I was using it full time a couple of years ago. Here lately, I've not seen much written about the F75s. Just wondering why.

tabman
Re: Any Fisher F75 Swingers Out There?
November 22, 2018 06:13PM
I have one collecting dust at home.....
November 22, 2018 06:33PM
Love mine. Use the 5 inch coil in heavy iron, a NEL Tornado in open fields, but keep the stock coil on most of the time though. It runs smooth and quiet with great ergonomics and the battery life is tops. It's such a simple turn on and go machine with easy menus to scroll through, with just the right amount of options.
November 22, 2018 06:38PM
Hi I do on Thames he has found me more gold than my Tejon which was number 1.

3rd session a nice chuck of 11.5 gr of 18ct.....
4th session a 14ct gold ring(3 years ago) with a massive Diamonds featured on Fisher Facebook 2 weeks ago
I found lots of gold stuff and if there is silver in the area he will find it.

Don't forget I am detecting a +2000 years old site with 100 of gazillion of nails and hard steel bits..................

My setting are FA({Fast) sens 65 GB at 80 and discri at 7

Tiny coil from fisher,and I just bought another one spare just in case...........

Hoep that help

RR

PS: I cant share other setting as this one is perfect for my site no point for me fixing it if it aint broken
November 22, 2018 07:19PM
I think Ole' Daniel is a Big F75 Guy in all metal mode only.
November 22, 2018 09:40PM
Harold is correct. It was my favorite VLF for a long time. Motion all metal mode and a Ultimate or Tornado coil...dig all the solid sounding hits. Several of the local guys still have one in their arsenal. I don't use one anymore.
November 22, 2018 10:22PM
I just took mine out the other day after using the Equinox 800 for the last six months. The F-75 DST is still a keeper. It gets way more depth than the Equinox, although Gold 1 does come close.

I'll keep the Equinox around as a specialty machine and for the beach but the F-75 is still my main relic detector.

November 22, 2018 10:33PM
The redundancy of having the Deus , E800 and F75se2 as backup/alternatives to the CTX forced me to make a choice and the 75 stayed. Since water is not in the works , and weeds and stubble are , the 75's boost mode factored in heavily along with it's superior ergonomics. It runs for 30 hours on a set of NiMh rechargables so I'll never have to buy any more batteries or have to deal with paying someone to change them out. Loads of inexpensive coils available and there's always the cache mode if the opportunity to use it arises. Nuff said ........
November 23, 2018 12:08AM
With that kind of success--why did you stop using it full time?
November 23, 2018 01:05AM
I think the F75, with all the coil options, fast recovery speed, depth, the options it has, battery life and the ergonomics make it a keeper. Even at low sensitivity settings it goes deep.

If I didn't already have one I would have snagged one up on the used market. There are great deals out there.
November 23, 2018 02:45AM
Since we are on the subject of the F75, what is the difference between the F75 LTD and the F75+?
Reading the specs they seem pretty much the same except for the price that is....
November 23, 2018 02:52AM
Definitely one of the better vintage detectors.
November 23, 2018 03:06AM
Druid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since we are on the subject of the F75, what is th
> e difference between the F75 LTD and the F75+?
> Reading the specs they seem pretty much the same e
> xcept for the price that is....

Looks like rod color mainly and accessory offering.

Here is link showing F75+
[www.fisherlab.com]

Here is link showing F75 LTD model
[www.fisherlab.com]

Btw I am waiting for the F75 ++ model or the especially special edition or the limited limited edition or the especially limited edition or the limited special edition.

Pretty good uh.
And guess what.
I don’t have a degree in marketing.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2018 03:14AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 23, 2018 03:32AM
1. Build detectors, 2. sell detectors, repeat.

The alternative is you go away.

Designing new and innovative stuff is important.

But failing at points 1 and 2 above will end you up with innovative outfits like Compass, Treasure Baron, Troy - feel free to name others.

It’s a tough world out there and 100,000 detectors in big box stores will make the manufacturer a lot of money.

Hopefully they will re-invest some of that in new and innovative technology.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
November 23, 2018 03:40AM
It goes like this.
Why would anyone really buy a new F75 series when used ones seeems are pretty much readily available.

Seems MXT units are pretty common on used market too.

So yes folks are it seems still buying units like F75 and MXT.
But used not such much new anymore.

Same with Garrett at Series.

The cause???

Guess.

Little approx 3 pound elephant in the room,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2018 03:43AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 23, 2018 06:43AM
Be a damn fool to feel sorry for somebody with an F75 or T2.

Last I checked guys like Nasa-Tom and Keith Southern place them towards the top even to this very day. Must be a reason for that.

There may be an elephant in the room...and even a herd on the way. But there are still plenty of mice to make elephants piss themselves.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
November 23, 2018 11:48AM
I have one from when the came out, Anniversary Edition and an LTD, certified from Tom D. The LTD has not been silenced. Couldn't bring myself to have them tinker with a unit that works well already. I believe the 75's are better on deep copper coins like large cents etc, verses silver....they also love lead.
Can't see getting a newer tech unit unless there is one that is hands above the 75....haven't seen one yet. I'll stick with it until one comes out. The 5" coil is one for the books. I'll have to put on the 6" football coil of these days to compare it to the 5. Haven't been getting out much these days for many reasons, some good some not so good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2018 11:51AM by ozzie.
November 23, 2018 11:49AM
TheHunterGT Wrote:
> Be a damn fool to feel sorry for somebody with an
> F75 or T2.
>
> Last I checked guys like Nasa-Tom and Keith Southe
> rn place them towards the top even to this very da
> y. Must be a reason for that.
>
> There may be an elephant in the room...and even a
> herd on the way. But there are still plenty of mi
> ce to make elephants piss themselves.

I don’t feel sorry for anyone who uses Fisher models.
F-75 works well in milder ground.
In medium mineralized though, seems it struggles on odd shaped relics, or thinner shaped nonferrous flatter depending on its orientation in the ground.
A coin is a when comparing usually a uniform density and shape.
Other VLF detectors struggle here too.

And if a person just used say the F75 model in one of my sites, sure before I purged (mostly) of nonferrous a user of F75 would have found some stuff.
They may have indeed thought they got all the detectable..
WRONG

Yeah this happens a lot.
Folks find stuff, they are indeed satisfied.
They think the crushed the place getting all the goodies or super super high percentage.

F75 units certainly are (new) priced nice right now.
Definitely worth what one pays now too !!!

Just remember there is only so much a 13khz detector can do from a detecting and engineering standpoint.
When F75 was rolled out, not too many manuafacturers offering many other detectors in the 17khz plus range in USA anyway.
Even one manufacturers realized 18khz ( or hadn’t found a way to get a coil to properly operate over wider range freq wise) wasn’t high enough freq wise to get the job done in certain places.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2018 11:59AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 23, 2018 12:49PM
I purchased a new F75LTD last year because of the price reduction($550) AND the five year warranty.I like to run in all metal and try to coax a vdi rise from "weaker" target sounds.I repeatedly find targets in my red dirt test field that have been missed by the many detectors I have used in the past.It may not be the latest and greatest,but it seems to get the job done.Just my opinion.Dbull(I also use an MXT Tracker)
November 23, 2018 04:06PM
Dbull Wrote:
> I purchased a new F75LTD last year because of the
> price reduction($550) AND the five year warranty.I
> like to run in all metal and try to coax a vdi ris
> e from "weaker" target sounds.I repeatedly find ta
> rgets in my red dirt test field that have been mis
> sed by the many detectors I have used in the past.
> It may not be the latest and greatest,but it seems
> to get the job done.Just my opinion.Dbull(I also u
> se an MXT Tracker)

The F75 compared to the MXT, since you run both, is there anything the F75 can do that the MXT can't? Are they redundant or do they compliment each other? They're both 13-14 kHz, fast recovery machines, and both happen to be Dave J. designs, so I'm curious. I've never used an F75 but watching youtube videos, the F75 audio sounds very similar to the MXT audio, hot, sparky, and very communicative. At the new prices these days, I'm very tempted to pick one up but only if it does some things better than my MXT.
November 23, 2018 04:39PM
I have both an F75 SE and a MXT Pro. In my soil here in Colorado they both seem to get the same depth but the ID and Depth ID on the MXT is way better than the F75. in all metal the F75 is deeper but in disc about the same.
November 23, 2018 05:31PM
In my normally mild ground, I will use the F75 in old sites that are still being used...homes and barns built in the 1700 and 1800s. I need the depth, but if a target sounds good in all metal, I check the ID. the 1n mode with the 5" DD or 5x10 concentric rocks for that.
November 23, 2018 06:20PM
F75 is a Mix bag for me, I hunt only active sport's fields and tot lots looking for jewelry.

the Target I'D is ok.... shallow nickels signals are mostly a Pulltab, the depth meter is inaccurate gotta go by sound. Percice Pinpointing is a challenge pass 4 inches.

It's a joy to swing and can swing it fast & cover lots of ground in short time.

The 5 inch coil is a lazer beam and you do not loose depth.

F75 Go's deep for all the deep coin & Relic hunters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2018 06:23PM by Rob in (ca).
November 23, 2018 08:44PM
The ergonomics and weight of the F75 are much improved in comparison to the MXT.I use the meter and watch for targets that will consistently rise above a 10 vdi.Very few targets in my dirt will "lock" on a vdi while still in the ground.It also seems to false less on square or pointed nails where the MXT shows them to be a coin.The MXT does seem to have a better Id on non-ferrous targets,although I tend to dig most targets that register above iron.Depth on both seems to be pretty equal and both hit small targets about the same.I much prefer the pinpoint on the MXT but that could be due to the fact that I run an 8" x 6" SEF coil and mostly use the criss/cross method,seldom switching to the pinpoint mode.Ground balancing on either machine is pretty much equal(I lock the MXT) as I just wait until they get noisy and rebalance as needed.Dbull
November 23, 2018 11:07PM
tabman Wrote:
> In my mild soil, I've found more silver coins usin
> g my F75-DST than I have with my other detectors.
> It's hard to beat when paired with a NEL SharpShoo
> ter search coil. I averaged finding 2.5 silver coi
> ns per hunt when I was using it full time a couple
> of years ago. Here lately, I've not seen much writ
> ten about the F75s. Just wondering why.
>
> tabman

I swing a T2/dst and love it. But I was a sharp shooting swinger back in '75 and really glad nobody wrote anything down about that drinking smiley
November 24, 2018 12:00AM
Been swinging one since the first regular camo model came out and now on my 3rd one and remains my day in, day out go to detector. One of the all time greats for old coin hunting imho. HH jim tn
November 24, 2018 08:46AM
I use a original green T2 which is a similar model to the F75,use a 3 coil combination the 6'' Coiltek DD,Nel Sharpshooter and the NEL Storm,the Coiltek stays on the machine the most and is a deadly combination when running in AM mode,dig everything over 40.The Deus which i also use has been relegated down to backup machine.Had the T2 since 2006/7 and found me the most gold coins including full and 1/4 celtic gold staters.
November 26, 2018 02:22PM
The F75 is what all the others are compared to. The only thing wrong with it is that its old news.

Most of what you need to know has already been written in Tom's posts. F75 Compilation #1, F75 Compilation #2, Rcpt Ack of F75 LTD Prototype.

Druid, I believe the difference between the F75+ and the F75LTD is that the F75+ doesn't have the Cache mode.

HH
Mike
November 26, 2018 02:40PM
TheHunterGT is a Fisher dealer - he recently posted this

As an owner of a +...I can attest it has cache mode. It is an LTD.

[www.findmall.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
November 26, 2018 03:15PM
Video showing F75+ by the Hunter GT.
Enjoy
Btw cache mode is mentioned here.
Part 1
[m.youtube.com]

Part 2
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2018 03:18PM by tnsharpshooter.