Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My run down on the Nokta Anfibio 19 (Video) Added 7 inch concentric Vid for Del 11/26/18

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
If you have an hour to kill..LOL.

I've ran this one about 3 months..Its a hot rod for sure..Running on 19Khz..a replacement for the Nokta Fors Relic and Gold+.

Pretty much a Relic hunters Wish list detector..POWERFUL and clean running disc.Very talkative and great disc circuit..The Audio is next generation step from previous units.

Unmasking is World class and Punches deep ..Got that old school sparkiness!!!

Heres video

[www.youtube.com]

7 " Concentric Video

[www.youtube.com]

Be happy to discuss it !!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2018 10:39PM by Keith Southern.
Re: My run down on the Nokta Anfibio 19 (Video)
November 26, 2018 01:03AM
Thanks for the video . I have not watched it yet but will ...im very interested in this machine with a 9 inch concentric coil..
November 26, 2018 02:31AM
Good rundown Keith. Very explanatory/in depth. thumbs down
November 26, 2018 03:05AM
Watched the video. To me, almost a waterproof Nokta Relic with a stock 11" dd coil (instead of 11x7)....should get better depth just by coil size. Good video.
November 26, 2018 03:09AM
Keith------You mentioned that you may do a video of the Anfibio with 7" coil.----I hope you do, would also like to see how the 7" does on the nail board test in 3 tones.-----This was a very informative vid of the 11" coil, thanks for making it.--------Del

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2018 03:12AM by D&P-OR.
November 26, 2018 03:42AM
Seems like a great detector. Nokta/Makro seem to get better with every release. I've watched Hello World Darnell using his. I'm very impressed by the detector. Thanks for the time you spent doing the video.
November 26, 2018 02:20PM
Keith with Another great video !!

Do you feel that the MultiAnfibio will have the same performance--by that I mean will each frequency on the Multi be as hot as the single freq. machines?
November 26, 2018 05:08PM
Keith, could you tell me where you set your tone breaks and why? what do you look for in each break? As you seem to not use disc what are you looking in that 1st tone break? your choice of tone breaks would probably hold true for you it seem with most any machine i would guess. thanks
Added 7 inch concentric Vid for Del 11/26/18
November 26, 2018 10:55PM
7 inch Concentric

[www.youtube.com]

Marty = I set the the first tone break for a nail when I'm in two tone..About 17 or so..In three tone I set second break for my site I'm in..and if I'm after relics or coins.

Doc.=.Hard to say..My gut tells me the standalone freq on 19Khz may very well be More precise..not night and day but slightly cleaner flowing...I know freq to freq ic ans ay the Multi Kruzer uses 19khz and this Anfibio 19 against it is more sparky more excitable..The Impact on 20Khz to me is a cuff button killer but not quite up to the Anfibio 19 on weird shapes of non ferrous mixed in ferrous..The Anfibio 19 LOVES round like machines do by nature..But there's something in there making it report weird non ferrous shapes a bit better against the others in the line.

Goodmore =Your welcome.. thanks

Del =Video uploaded..sorry it stops quick but camera died LOL..but I was done.Saved you from me rambling on!.

Wayne=Thanks!

Calabash= Yes in the right dirt the 9 inch would be great Experiment!Good luck!

Arkansas= YES!!! Audio is slightly more in line with the newer releases also..I may say the Anfibio 19 is sparky and talkative like Relic but also ls slightly more intelligent in the reports Vs Relic.And we have more coil options..The concentric on 19Khz is a welcome arrival.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Added 7 inch concentric Vid for Del 11/26/18
November 27, 2018 03:08AM
Thanks for the video on the 7" coil Keith.-----Looks like it done very well on the nail board test.-------Del
The 7" is impressive. The stock coil reminded me of the Relic with the stock coil. Thanks for the vids.

Dean
how does a concentric coil differ from a double D?
Im hoping that Nokta keeps producing concentric coils....and diffrent sizes too. Most high freq machines can just use DD coils. Using the 5x10 concentric on my Nokta Relic is an eye opener. I found a small class ring that was designed to be wore on a chain like a necklace.....was just killing time in a newer residential area. I may sell a few of my detectors due to Dr bills, but my goal is to always have a Nokta and Tesoro....ha
It sounds like aunt Marge after Thanksgiving dinner. Her tight corset flatulence squeaked like that haha
Good vid Keith. I love my concentric coil on the multi kruzer for iron/trash work = must have thumbs down
Re: My run down on the Nokta Anfibio 19 (Video) Added 7 inch concentric Vid for Del 11/26/18
November 27, 2018 04:21PM
If I didn't like the Kruzer so much and the two coils I have I would try their new machine. I'm one that likes to dig almost all targets when relic hunting and I added the X35 9" on the deus for another way to hit targets with the 24.7 freq. Sparky for sure

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Wonder why they made the Multi with 20kHz and the stand alone with 19kHz??
Yes be better off to spend the extra 100.00 and get the Multi. A lot more bang for the buck.
Re: My run down on the Nokta Anfibio 19 (Video) Added 7 inch concentric Vid for Del 11/26/18
November 27, 2018 09:22PM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wonder why they made the Multi with 20kHz and the
> stand alone with 19kHz??

Same reason FT made the F-19 & G2+.winking smiley
doc holiday Wrote:
> Wonder why they made the Multi with 20kHz and the
> stand alone with 19kHz??

Marketing??maybe to offer something different from say well 100.00 more I can get three freqs Vs 1.So the 19Khz might make the consumer say Hmmm somethings different..

I sort of lean towards maybe standalone the 19Khz is the optimum nickle freq...I know 20 is just a khz higher but side by side 20khz vs 19khz I see a at depth difference on smaller than nickle conductivity items at depth.

The 19khz is also a standalone unit.and is is on a hyper gain platform compared to the say racers and Kruzers and Impact.There hyper but the say relic and 19 Anfibio is full tilt power..Its not for everyone and if you dont like a Relic you may not want a A19..The Gold Plus Fors is 19khz but does not have the gain of the Relic...What the A19 does is retain that Gain I requested from Alper in the Relic prototype testing...He seems to have left it in the A19..But the audio is of the newer style crispness of the impact and Kruzer series.The Relic had the first generation audio..

That Hot gain and a Good ear will help you nap the weird shapes of non ferrous in the sea of ferrous sites..So the sparkiness is extremely high..The Impact 20Khz is also a hot unit but its got some calming to it in terms of filtering...the A19 is a less filtered unit...Filtering yo can change in the settings ..

I do alot and I mean alot of correspondence on a daily basis you can hear it in my videos I make..that frog sound on phone is texts messages coming in and that goes on all day.75% of them is detectors...and over all my correspondence the Relic main asked question is "why is it so noisy in iron".."I cant decipher good form bad"..My replies is you have to get used to it and learn its NOISE and decipher it..or turn sens way back and work on slowly turning it up as your audible senses get in tune....

The A19 is also noisy but it has the better audio traits of the more recent releases..So while its full tilt gain and minimal filtering it can be more intelligent in iron..Plus the ROund Concentric can help calm some of that iron noise down...Its a logical progression.

Too much noise and the good wont stand out from the bad...But luckily the A19 and Relic have traits in the audio that you can learn but it wont happen overnight.

Three tone cna be a blessing as it seems to be attenuated..You can see that in my video its not quite there on slap you in face hits on nail board test..couple of angles is a little slack on clean passing compared to Two tone.

The A19 to me is easier to get on board witha hyper gain unit Vs the Relic..its just as effective but slightly better audio traits..Still sparky and noisy on disced iron like the Relic but easier to grasp that slap hit..When machines try to calm down falsing of iron..only the rounder masked targets can break though...when there Noisier the weird shapes get a more fighting chance.This is where we are unmasking inside of unmasking if that makes sense..we are trying to push unmasking to next level.high gain gets this done..So there's a curve to it..

Ever notice when someone is showing the finds from iron holes...there's lots of round and less weird..I promise you there's lots of weird there too..but the machine to get it and the skillset to use that machine to get the weird is both needed..ID badges ,hat pins,Carved lead items,buckle, hooks etc in thick nails are severely challenged...The list goes on and on..all non ferrous is not round and there's alot of non ferrous weird shapes still in top layers left.

Next time you hunt site full of iron and yorr not finding much or if you do its round..take note...Then apply this..Ive done alot of testing over the years and notice when a site is dead its dead of round usually..theres other things there non ferrous but its weird stuff...Like broken skeleton keys not the loop end but the teeth end..someone got the loop already..straight badges,,weird fobs..star insignias..toe taps busted up..A civil war silver corp badge in nails that shaped like a cross or star etc is one tough problem an inch deep..I dug a Silvered 1820s eagle hat pin quarter size but shape of eagle with arrows etc cut out.So really weird..It was the scratchiest one way hit in nails that sounded less than a false blip..it was about 2 inches deep.Ive done it over and over..Weird is still there and its right under our feet few inches down...18Kt gold Civil War pin nib..right on the surface basically inch deep in pile of nails..crazy weird shape..walked over hundreds of times...right machine with right approach and it was mine..

If its the right site worth applying hard core measures to then a high gain high freq unit can open the site up...Thats why I wanted the Relic so high strung.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
High gain...kinda reminds me of reading past posts by Bryce Brown in regards to the Minelab Explorer SE. The reason he prefers the SE over the other Explorers is that the it is unfiltered and thus sparky. It gives the user control of how much filter to use or not use versus another machine that has factory pre-set filters (designed to make it run smoother). If one takes time to learn the audio of the sparky machine, you will find more.
Hey Keith I heard a frog sound a couple of times. Does the anfibio have a frog overload sound? If it does that's badass!!!
Keith thanks for posting the videos, I finally had an opportunity to watch them. Seems very similar to the MMK, with a few extra bells and whistles. Considering the coils between the Anfibio and MMK are interchangeable, there's just not enough difference between the two to justify dumping my MMK for the Anfibio. Besides my MMK seems to be hot in 4-TONE and has impressed me far beyond the likes of my Impact and Racers for relic detecting.

I think I'll have to pick up a concentric coil, very impressed with the 7" in your NBT. Wonder how the 9" would do on the NBT? Kind of torn between which one to get for the MMK, although I'm leaning towards the 9" (mistake?) for sea of nail environments, and hoping it'll handle flat rusty tin, flat iron and other iron oddities better then the 11" and 7.5" x 4" on the MMK.
Arkansas=yes the more power/Raw Feed reports you can lay on a site the better it can eek out items

Cal=Get the 7 inch for site work it gives a different peak than the DD..they both see alot of the same things but they both can see SOME things different.Whats nice about the Conctric on 19Khz is its an OPTION weve never really had but from a couple of manufactures over the years.Most gold machines come with DDs for coverage and ability to handle mineral especially in all metal modes.You can couple it with the less filtering of the Nokta and on tin sites clean up some falsing of tin a tad bit..Also a concentric is better at intermingled at depth as the cone drops in size instead of bladed like DD..a DD may hear the deeper intermingled but the 360 degree rotation can drop it to iron reading quicker than on a concentric.theres better odds on a concentric of getting a dig me hit on some deep intermingled ferrous and non ferrous from more angles than on a DD ..Just remember also with a concentric you have to really overlap for the deep stuff..Both coils have there uses for sure and I love DD's and high gain sparky machines..but the Concentric can also help you as a tool for other scenarios too.

Kickndirt= Thats my phone croaking LOL

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2018 11:07PM by Keith Southern.
i didnt want to copy that entire discourse but that is a fantastic write up Keith. it's gonna change everything for me. big thanks.

"""Marketing??maybe to offer something different from say well 100.00 more I can get three freqs Vs 1.So the 19Khz might make the consumer say Hmmm somethings different..

I sort of lean towards maybe standalone the 19Khz is the optimum nickle freq...I know 20 is just a khz higher but side by side 20khz vs 19khz I see a at depth difference on smaller than nickle conductivity items at depth.

The 19khz is also a standalone unit.and is is on a hyper gain platform compared to the say racers and Kruzers and Impact.There hyper but the say relic and 19 Anfibio is full tilt power..Its not for everyone and if you dont like a Relic you may not want a A19..The Gold Plus Fors is 19khz but does not have the gain of the Relic...What the A19 does is retain that Gain I requested from Alper in the Relic prototype testing...He seems to have left it in the A19..But the audio is of the newer style crispness of the impact and Kruzer series.The Relic had the first generation audio....... """
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Cal=Get the 7 inch for site work it gives a different peak than the DD..they both see alot of the sa
> me things but they both can see SOME things differ
> ent.Whats nice about the Conctric on 19Khz is its
> an OPTION weve never really had but from a couple
> of manufactures over the years.Most gold machines
> come with DDs for coverage and ability to handle m
> ineral especially in all metal modes.You can coupl
> e it with the less filtering of the Nokta and on t
> in sites clean up some falsing of tin a tad bit..A
> lso a concentric is better at intermingled at dept
> h as the cone drops in size instead of bladed like
> DD..a DD may hear the deeper intermingled but the
> 360 degree rotation can drop it to iron reading qu
> icker than on a concentric.theres better odds on a
> concentric of getting a dig me hit on some deep in
> termingled ferrous and non ferrous from more angle
> s than on a DD ..Just remember also with a concent
> ric you have to really overlap for the deep stuff.
> .Both coils have there uses for sure and I love DD
> 's and high gain sparky machines..but the Concentr
> ic can also help you as a tool for other scenarios
> too.
>
> Keith

Thanks for the reply Keith. I'm ordering the 7" from Craig, and will put it through its paces at some sea of nail sites. Wifey asked me what I wanted for my birthday next month, and I told her I want to do a little road-trip next month (gotta use all the wifey detecting passes I can get - lol). I'll be taking the Equinox and the Multi Kruzer to some sea of nail sites we've done pretty good at in the past. Their starting to thin out, so I need any advantage I can get, and I look forward to seeing how both the Equinox will do in the lesser iron ridden spots and the MMK w/7" coil will do in the iron patches. There has to be a gold coin waiting to be saved thumbs down
Nice video rundown.
I know you have used both the Anfib and Kruzer.
Is the wired HP volume any louder on the Anfib??
Cal=You'll like the setup of a different peek for sure..The EQ is a nice Deep unit especially on isolated targets or not to severely masked targets..and loves Nickle range at depth.But for dissecting the smaller and or thinner stuff in heavy iron its like most Minelabs made its not Hyper gain type unit..There's better for dissecting..Makros and Noktas Xp Deeptechs Tesoros etc are better in that department.

Martygene=Glad I may of helped you ...Remember I dont know what I dont know, but that's what I see and everyone has a thought process..As long as we are honest in our beliefs that's all each of us can do.The A19 is crnked up not so much in say Sensitivity setting terms but in terms of Gain and some less disc filtering signal like a Relic..so you get alot more bleed feel for ability to breakthrough..its more of a Specialized unit Dissecting iron and hunting Nuggets..No two nuggets are created equal..It takes Amped up hyper gain to peek at those in bad soil especially on a lowly 19Khz..Results in iron unmasking is noiser than most..But payoff is the extra bleed through of iron rejection coupled with blending audio reports instead of gated audio will allow things that are not strong conductors like weird elongated non ferrous etc to get more of a fighting chance.Round lows can breakthrough on alot of units in iron but decrease the filtering process and amp up the gain some at same time and the weird can get in there too.The side effects of that will be NOISE..as long as its not taken to far to diminish audio intelligence then you have a tool to work/massage some more out of nail laden areas..

Tabzilla=Are you talking the makro nokta factory style waterproof wired underwater headphones or wired headphones ran through a dongle?

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Keith, I was asking about the factory wired WP headphones.
If there is more volume on the anfib than the Kruzer.
Tab...AHHH I dont know as I dont have a set..

As far as the dongle machine to machine seems about the same with wired Killer B's..and the Wireless sound about the same level machine to machine.

I think maybe the waterproof may just be weaker in general??But have no idea if its changed on the Anfibio??

My Anfibio Speaker Volume is louder than on Kruzer by a good bit.But with dongle or wireless the output seems to be Kruzer level..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla