Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My run down on the Nokta Anfibio 19 (Video) Added 7 inch concentric Vid for Del 11/26/18

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thanks for the info.
sounds like a nice machine, I got a camp i found last year we hunted with the MXT tell we got the equinox 800s and have had a few good trips, found a lot with the 800 after we got them, more then i ever would have figured, sure would like to see if the nokta anfibio could go back behind the 800s and find a few things, would be a good test spot for sure.. I took a man in when i found this spot with a nautilus 2ba and he found some stuff but said it was hunted hard... Not the case, everything was just on the limits of most machines. even hunted it with a GPX 4500 and the man dug a pocket full of nails. some days we could dig 15 good buttons, last trip buddy with a 800 found a hand made dog tag. I just dont know is it worth spending 799 to answer my and maybe others question that is the Nokta deeper then the equnox in the same ground same spot. . please im not trying to start anything just like to know for myself.
Hey Keith, Blend vs Gated...more manufactures can learn.. Can you explain more in detail .....how to Not take the audio intelligence away on a high gain machine (settings). I have offset the GB with some success (as Ziggy explained). Concentric coil also helps in making the audio understood, it rarely lies (like the DD coil). The only time I'd use a DD coil is to select one around 10" or 12" and cover large fields. If I find a hot spot, later go back with a 6" round concentric to surgically focus. This is why I'd prefer a machine offering both styles of coils. The alternative would be to have a machine that could use an SEF coil....for a DD coil it has great audio.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2018 04:14AM by Arkansas.
Gated Audio is simply a series of snapshot's of targets then it commits to a tone by this averaging together of them..

Blend=Open gate is more the live feed of the snapshots in real time...

In gated once the machine commits to that tone that's all it can do.it has to signal that tone right or wrong its happening.and its a timed response.

Non gated it is instantaneous raw audio feed and can change as it flows from snapshot to snapshot in a calliope effect in a way..

You could have a gated one snapshot no averaging but it still has to commit to a timed report before next report..Non Gated single snapshot and report and it can chage in an instant to another tone...

What a user will see is say a nail and coin together a non gated my give iron tone and higher tone on what is perceived to be on top of each other...in gated it wont be on top of each other it will be a flip flop of low high measured tone reports..

Non gated can be more BUSY but has advantage for peeking a little better on harder to see co-locates..its more audio based and less Visual as the Visual will usually not settle either unless its cleaner type hits.Of course there can be averaged Visual and non gated audio too.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Makes sense open gate is faster. Kinda like comparing .....video feed VS snap shot frame feed. Video is much faster, smoother, and misses less. Thanks