Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has anyone ever heard of KingsMetalDetector.com?

Posted by Badger in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has anyone ever heard of KingsMetalDetector.com?
May 10, 2011 01:02PM
This company sounds too good to be true. Their prices are unbelievable. Fisher F75 for $629.66!

They are headquartered in Indonesia. It's a very legitimate looking site. They apparently ship all over the world. Shipping for an F75 to my house is $79.

Could it be that the prices are a non US currency? It doesn't seem to specify.

I haven't found any negative reviews. I would be extremely cautious before even considering an order but you have to wonder.

[kingsmetaldetector.com]
Re: Has anyone ever heard of KingsMetalDetector.com?
May 10, 2011 01:30PM
Good catch. What an 'eye-opener'! Wonder if they are 'valid'. CAUTION! Mike Scott???
May 10, 2011 01:47PM
Sounds like a counterfeit to me. Logistics costs alone would put this seller at a competitive disadvantage.
May 10, 2011 02:16PM
I would rather spend my money in the USA give Big Boys Hobbies a call for a real good deal..he takes care of me.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 10, 2011 02:18PM
I notice that they have the same free accessories as Kellyco offers. That tells you something.

This may be the source of where Kellyco gets their detectors. With globalization rampant as it is, it would not be surprising for a company like KingsDetector.com to appear and try to take over the world market.

I wonder what this all means. Would detectors at half price be a bad thing?
May 10, 2011 02:47PM
Indonesia...............don't do it...............that place is filled with Internet scam artists............also............if buying a Fisher/Tek............it must be from a First Texas approved dealer in order for the warranty to be valid. You can call First Texas Products and verify if this seller is a legitimate dealer.
May 10, 2011 04:00PM
Heads up! I'm in contact with Fisher. They're seriously looking into these guys. they're supposed to call me back hopefully today after doing there own investigation. AS SOON as I get the bottom line answer, I WILL post it! Between me and you, I "Almost" hope they're bogus! Those prices will really hurt all these great, HELPFUL dealers that are so good to all of us! Stay tuned!

Been swingin' a White's since the 70's - 5 machines, Currently an XLT & Fisher F75 LE - 50,000 finds, 30,000 (or so) keepers. Published in the White's catalog. Always looking for good/decent hunting buds! Get in touch!
May 10, 2011 05:38PM
Just talked to Mike Scott. 100% fraud!!! They don't even possess any first Texas products.

Beware!!!!!!!!!

This is an email that I just received.

Tom in SC
May 10, 2011 06:37PM
Just found out every manufacturer is after them for fraud. Since they are Indonesia it's very hard to enforce. It is 100% fraud.
May 10, 2011 06:41PM
Here's another bargain:

[www.alibaba.com]

There's a number of these "dealers" out there. They're all coming from the same part of the world.
Tri
May 10, 2011 08:05PM
here is a whole page of scams from alibaba.......................[www.ripoffreport.com]
May 10, 2011 08:28PM
Caveat emptor people!!! Buyer BEWARE!!! Sending someone money for goods WITHOUT doing the proper research can be dangerous to your checkbook. Anyone can put a picture up online and claim you are getting that item. In reality however, 99% of the time you will receive a cheaper, no name knock-off of the item you purchased...if you're lucky. Many times you'll get nothing. Either way, there's virtually nothing you CAN do about it if you're had. Remember, these people are living in a different part of the world. They are rogue little gangs of criminals out to make a few fast bucks. Soooooooo, O-N-L-Y deal with an outfit you can trust, verify & vouch for. Are they well known? Do they have a proper address & phone number?? Any reviews on them available online??? Do the prices seem too good to be true for the merchandise they offer????

Remember, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2011 08:29PM by njnydigger.
May 10, 2011 10:25PM
ITALIIA ITALIIA
Italian Trade Commission - Jakarta Italian Trade Commission - Jakarta
Trade Promotion Section of the Italian Embassy Trade Promotion Section of the Italian Embassy
Jakarta, 2/05/2011 P169201100367 Jakarta, 05.02.2011 P169201100367
Ns Rif: Mps/Ysl Our Ref: MPS / YSL
We send the reply, drafted with the help of our local market analysts, in English to speed. We are at your disposal for any further clarification or insight into the content of the text.
SUBJECT: Companies validation Dear Sir xxxxxxxx SUBJECT: Companies validation Dear Sir xxxxxxxx
Following to your request on the above subject and after making a deep investigation on PT.Krueng Inter Nangroe Security Metal Detector & KingsMetalDetector.com located in Sabang (Northern of Sumatera) we herewith to inform you the result as the following; Following to your request on the above subject and after making a deep investigation on PT.Krueng Inter Nangroe Security Metal Detectors & KingsMetalDetector.com located in Sabang (of Northern Sumatera), we herewith inform you the result as to the Following;
The company by the name of PT. The company by the name of PT. Krueng Inter Nangroe Security Metal Detector & KingsMetalDetector.com both are NOT registered on the Official Trade Directory 2011 and as well as not listed in the Indonesian Chambers of Commerce, Nangroe Aceh Chapter. Krueng Inter Nangroe Security Metal Detectors & KingsMetalDetector.com Both are not registered on the Official Trade Directory as well as 2011 and not listed in the Indonesian Chambers of Commerce, Chapter Nangroe Aceh.
According to the Regional telecom Indonesia in Jakarta the phone number +62-65 121824 is NOT registered in the Telcom Indonesia while the number +6265123528 belongs to the aluminium shop. According To the Regional Telecom Indonesia in Jakarta, the phone number +62-65 121824 is not registered in the Telcom Indonesia while the number +6265123528 Belongs to the aluminum shop. The other number such +62652-7409977 & +62-652-7409988 are mobile numbers. The other number +62652-7409977 & Such +62-652-7409988 are mobile numbers. We could not trace the owner since thode two numbers always switched-off. We Could not trace the owner since Thode two numbers always switched-off.
Please kindly note that there are many fraud companies listed in websites especially Alibaba and we highly suggest you to avoid making business transaction in Indonesia through internet. Please kindly note That there are many fraud companies listed in websites Especially Alibaba and we highly suggest you to Avoid making business transaction in Indonesia through the Internet.
Having all this condition, we regret to inform you that we could not locate PT.Krueng Inter Nangroe Security Metal Detector & KingsMetalDetector.com located in Jakarta Pusat as per required. Having all this condition, we regret to Inform You That We Could not locate PT.Krueng Inter Nangroe Security Metal Detectors & KingsMetalDetector.com located in Jakarta Pusat for as required.
We are at your disposal and remain. We are at your disposal and remain.
Indonesia Office \ MP Indonesia Office \ MP
Gedung BRI II, 29th Floor, Suite 2902 Dirett d I'Ufficio Gedung BRI II, 29th Floor, Suite 2902 Directed d I'Ufficio
JI. JI. Jend. Jenda. Sxxxxxxxxxx. Sxxxxxxxxxx. 44-46, Jakarta 10210 Tel: + 62 21 571.3560 Fax: +62 21 571.3561 giacarta©ice.it www.italtrade.com/indonesia ICE - Istituto nazionale per it Commercio Estero Via Liszt 21, 001 Roma, Italia 44-46, Jakarta 10210 Tel: + 62 21 571.3560 Fax: +62 21 571.3561 Jakarta © ice.it www.italtrade.com / indonesia ICE - Institute for International Business en Via Liszt 21, 001 Rome, Italy
Tel: +39 06 59921 Tel: +39 06 59921
www. www. ice. ice. it en
Cod. Fisc. Cod Fisc. 80069170589 Part. Part 80069170589. Iva 02120151002 Iva 02120151002
May 10, 2011 10:41PM
Wow! Methinks the Italian Trade Commission may not be on the up and up either - did you read that email?! A fifth grader could've executed it better! ) Where did you pull that out of tmanly? Good find. Maybe some of these waves by members looking into this company will put some heat on the scamsters. Other than that, I don't really see too much else being done. This outfit is small bananas in the grand scheme of things to the authorities. The onus here really falls on the consumer. If someone is naive enough to think they can save 50% or more on ANYTHING by going through Alibaba...I got a bridge I wanna sell ya, lol.
May 10, 2011 10:51PM
Why even try it? Just buy American from an American dealer & enjoy it when it gets to your house.
Life is too short worrying whether it's legit of not.
besides, I'd rather get it in a day or two verses from overseas which can take weeks..............see ya yardhunter
May 12, 2011 09:46AM
I wanted to see how they try to get your money so I made a fake order up. Here is the final page that comes up...

[imageshack.us]

And as you already imagined no recourse to get your money back if the deal falls through (no credit cards/PayPal/USPS money orders etc)
May 12, 2011 10:04AM
" If it sounds too good to be true ,,,,,,,,,,""
May 12, 2011 11:43AM
The big concern is that manufactures like ML have their machines built there. Guess where all those parts end up that FALL OFF THE TRUCKS? It does make you wonder about all those price increases needed. The problems are going to be when these inter the market to private buyers who then dont like them and try to resell them to US. Is there a tell sign.... something we can check to ensure they are the real deal? I guess we could always call the manufacturer and confirm the serial number. Big business in counterfeiting now that the world has found out they can stick it to us.

Dew
May 12, 2011 12:46PM
It is recommended to purchase your detectors in this country (or Canada/UK). International/foreign purchase poses large recourse implications to begin with.............let alone if any portion becomes fraudulent.
May 12, 2011 03:35PM
Please buy from accross the pond or the USA but for those that don't care they may deserve to get ripped of

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!