Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tejon verse Nokta Makro Anfibio 9 inch coil

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Tejon verse Nokta Makro Anfibio 9 inch coil
December 05, 2018 05:11PM
Go fly a kite was just trying to show a little respect for Keith and you old farts on here after upsetting yhall. As far as everyone is concerned some have already drank the kool aid..Dan B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "To each his own"???? You actually typed that, aft
> er saying how it's your mission to get everyone to
> not become a "Tesoro cult member"? You need to get
> your story straight.
>
> "My way or the highway" is what you really meant t
> o type, right?
December 05, 2018 05:22PM
Sure, I'll go fly a kite. But maybe I should wait for you to make a video so I'm not flying the wrong kite. It has to be Calabash approved after all, doesn't it?
December 05, 2018 05:41PM
Aw, Youse guys sho am gittin nasty wid each uther now!!!!----We are just talkin about detectors, ain't we????-----Come to think of it--I guess I've been guilty of bein a nasty ole man in the past myself!-----Ok, "fire away" sum more then! winking smiley
December 05, 2018 06:39PM
For all You Guys on FB Tesoro has a FB group and someone just posted a CS plate found with a are You ready? Cibola. Ha!
Check it out if You don't believe Me.
December 05, 2018 06:50PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For all You Guys on FB Tesoro has a FB group and s
> omeone just posted a CS plate found with a are You
> ready? Cibola. Ha!
> Check it out if You don't believe Me.

Don’t do FB.
But Harold it wasn’t found with a Tejon. Ha!
December 05, 2018 08:00PM
Put it back in the ground!! It doesn't count because Tesoros are garbage. Wait for a real machine to find it.
December 05, 2018 08:34PM
Takes all kinds of machines.
Even an old BFO or TR detector will turn up goodies that others missed.
After learning on those machines as a kid a silent search Tesoro
was like a Cadillac with power steering and AC. Lol
Now we have newer machines with more bells and whistles but
any thing is still capable of finding goodies.
Just have to spend the time to learn its ins and outs.
December 05, 2018 11:16PM
Not exactly blind in iron. The Tejon crackles and pops as you sweep thru iron. The Tejon does not false on the iron like digital detectors do. Larger iron do hit good with Tesoros and that makes them true relic hunters. I do like the Anfibio and I'm not saying that the Anfibio isn't good in iron but in heavy iron the Tejon or other Tesoros with the the 5.75 concentric coil is hard to beat. My modded Lobo ST with the 5.75 concentric coil hits my 10" test dime good.

I have an Equinox 800 but the Tejon and other Tesoros are great detectors in a relic hunters arsenal. You can't just say the Tejon is useless compared to the Anfibio.

I do enjoy watching your videos.

Rick
December 05, 2018 11:23PM
The Tejon also crackles over SOME targets that are challenged by iron when you have the iron disc out.... I saw Keith talking about iron pops on his video on the Tejon. I saw it today do it with challenged by iron non ferrous targets too...… That would be a very difficult way to dig.... Is it a nail just breaking up or is it a challenged target breaking up... BLIND in iron as far as content goes compared to a digital detector. How do you tell a challenged target from a nail crackle ???/ Is that one of those super 1000 hour learning curve tricks?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 11:29PM by calabash digger.
December 06, 2018 12:09AM
Vista gold gain in nails is a step above most machines for relic sites . Iron tone is most helpful at times for sure.
December 06, 2018 01:22AM
A snap or pop on a Tejon in my soil could be a minie ball at just 4 inches deep if you are running it with the disc knob set at the O or I in "foil" with the stock 9x8 concentric. You'll never hear one with it at 7 or 8 inches. Nadda. Nothing. You can go to the DD/Widescan coils in the 10x12 size and increase the depth to about 5 or 6 inches though.
December 06, 2018 01:47AM
Did you dig a lot of nails (iron pieces) like that too Daniel?
December 06, 2018 02:40AM
Yep. That was the trouble with them here...once you figured out that good non ferrous targets would do that pop/snap stuff if set to reject a nail...then it was a crap shoot in just digging everything that made a noise. Some times it was non ferrous. Some times it was iron. There was no way to tell other than dig a bunch of holes. Most people just dug the actual beep signals that repeated...and thus they got the shallow or big stuff. But they did leave a lot behind and for that I'm thankful.

I was in a field hunting a camp that is well known and published in a popular war relic book by Charlie Harris. I had just really clicked with the TDI and was rehunting my favorite spot getting deep bullets and buttons. A guy driving by slowed down, turned around and stopped on the shoulder of the road and got out watching me. I went over to him and he introduced himself. He is a local relic legend...the kind of guy that if you live in a known relic area...you probably know someone like him... the guy that has hunted about everywhere and got to all the places before you. This man helped write two local history books on the Civil War. He tells me he hunted those same fields I was hunting back in the 80s and early 90s. He was telling me he found this and that over here and there, pointing as he talked. His units of choice were Fisher 1265 and 1266 machines and Tesoro Bandido and some Whites machine that I have forgotten. Maybe a Spectrum. Anyway he tells me that as public and known as that camp was, that I was probably wasting my time and that there were less hunted spots around...that he himself had hunted that particular site for years and gave up on it. I just grinned. He saw me and said "you've found something good in here haven't you". Yep. I asked him of all the years he hunted it, how many plates did he find or that he knew of being found there. He said one and pointed to where it was found. I smiled again....cause I had pulled 3 out of that very field, along with a Pennsylvania National Guard button, a couple dozen eagle buttons and a pile of drop and carved bullets. That particular day I had a brass bullet mold, an altoid case full of buttons, and a dozen or so bullets. His eyes about popped out his sockets from me just showing him the buttons and bullet mold. I tried to get him to give me some locations of some of those other camps he mentioned but he was suddenly through talking. All I heard was him saying "Whites TDI Pulse..." as he walked back to his truck. No doubt making a mental note to look one up when he got home. Haha.
December 06, 2018 02:47AM
Great story! I have seen you post 2 testimonials on here and I have not seen them challenged.. the other about the F75 and finding the bullets behind the Tejon and Vaquero... That says something!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 02:49AM by calabash digger.