Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tejon , Anfibio,Equinox, on colonial gold .....

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tejon , Anfibio,Equinox, on colonial gold .....
December 06, 2018 02:45AM
Testing the three on a piece of colonial gold...This could be an eye opener for some...GOLDDDD!
Re: Tejon , Anfibio,Equinox, on colonial gold .....
December 06, 2018 04:37AM
Im curious how the f19 would handle this test. Thanks for the vids cd.
December 06, 2018 04:46AM
I’ll bet Deus with LF coil would struggle.
Not near as good as Hf at 28khz.
Gold gain unit I think would hit pretty good.
13-15khz units naw.
Equinox is shocking good on it. Folks should take note. Demon on low conductors.
Rutus would hit but again falll short of Deus and Hf coil.
I think based on my use x35coil would hit at 25kh.pz band.
Nokta relic would hit.
Nokta Impact would hit.

Gold not in the soil, and orientation could affect which detects would hit. Like how about standing up in ground longways.

Coil height another factor (depth).
Deus Hf coils here likely better.
Maybe gold gain unit too. Haven’t used one.

It was obvious how the tsrgrt could be missed using Tesoro. And I don’t even know how big the iron was innthe area gold relic was found. Another BIG factor that could drive the odds of detectors hitting. Meaning disc levels could be run higher due to say medium and larger ferrous.

A wonder if....
Wonder if a Tejon user would have found a $2.50 gold coin near where Calabash found the small gold relic.
Could by doing drive an experienced Tesoro user to lower disc and start taking more chances, hence find the smaller gold relic???
You bet.
This happens too. A find, the right kind makes the wise detectorists to start bearing down and open up the detector and go for broke.
Sometimes it pays off sometimes it sometimes don’t.

Reminds me of the gent who found the gold coins with Deus. After finding he got a question signal sounded like iron. Dude went around and kept detecting. He couldn’t find no signal. So he goes back and sweeps the rotten signal and digs and hit paydirt big time, More gold coins. Wonder if he would have found just one additional gold coin away from the spot where the junky signals was?? He may have been content and actually never went back and swept the junky signal hence he would have left the mother lode behind.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 05:00AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 06, 2018 12:11PM
If you opened the Tejon up anymore you would be chasing iron (nails) all day on the sites I hunt.
December 07, 2018 04:55AM
I notice the Tesoro faithful are staying away from this post and focusing on the other one...I dont blame them! smoking smiley
December 07, 2018 11:38AM
A Tejon disc circuit is ed 180. Cut square nails should disc out at about the O in iron. Not sure why yours is having to go clear up to foil. On my Mojave(same ed180 circuit) I can disc out square nails and still pick up a 10k woman's gold band next to it. On the Mojave the square nails disc out just past the halfway point from AM and foil. With yours having to go clear up to foil, your disc out low conductive gold targets along with the nails.
December 07, 2018 02:00PM
Well I dont either but you see it in the garden video with dime and nails. They come plain as day till I get the disc up that high.
December 07, 2018 02:10PM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A Tejon disc circuit is ed 180. Cut square nails
> should disc out at about the O in iron. Not sure
> why yours is having to go clear up to foil. On my
> Mojave(same ed180 circuit) I can disc out square n
> ails and still pick up a 10k woman's gold band nex
> t to it. On the Mojave the square nails disc out
> just past the halfway point from AM and foil. Wit
> h yours having to go clear up to foil, your disc o
> ut low conductive gold targets along with the nail
> s.

Coil size for coil size, Tejon no match for Deus Hf coil run at 28.8 khz on the smaller gold.
Don’t worry there are other detectors that won’t hold candle to Deus with Hf coil at 28.8khz eifher.

It is a freq thing mostly.

Just how many general purpose VLF detectors run above even say 20khz ???
Few

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 02:11PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 07, 2018 02:14PM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well I dont either but you see it in the garden vi
> deo with dime and nails. They come plain as day ti
> ll I get the disc up that high.

Which leads us to another issue... You have used 2 tesoro detectors lately and both may have been defective. Now go detecting, walk several hundred yards into the hunting ground and fire up a defective product.. I know it happens.. the new tech just offers so much more information to the user.. it's harder at my age to find the rough edges in tones of a single tone detector. I need more than that..
December 07, 2018 02:28PM
I think some folks may not realize this.
So is there such a thing as a multi tone multi tone detector. Not a typo in the previous sentence.

You see there is indeed such a thing.
Of all detectors I have run seems DEUS is indeed a multi tone multi tone detector.
What am I talking about exactly?

I can run Deus in 2 tone, the iron range with iron audio off, I will only hear nonferrous tone (things that come in above disc setting).
But I get to hear (at least to a trained ear) more than this tone pitch (setup in menu).
I get to hear lower pitched tones of varying degrees, and this seems is caused by ground minerals, and or targrt being challenged by ferrous.

So with Deus I get both varying tones even when using it as a supposed one tone detector as far as providing nonferrous tones.
I also get to hear tone duration be it long, or shorter or broken. I get to hear this even too with Tesoro.

Tone clarity is differernt animal here not what I am referring.

So Deus is giving more info tonally all the way around.

Tesoros are more one dimensional. Fisher F75 is too really.
More go no go tone wise with Tesoros vs Deus.

I can literally take a Deus and get over a target, and if it sounds a certain way. If we put Tesoro over and many more expect them to if they even detect to have chopped signals or they may have to have disc turned down to even get a decent signal. But this lower disc setting, is it even a huntable setting when used in the wild???

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 02:45PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 07, 2018 02:59PM
Use a normal full sweep with the Anfibio over that gold with the nail higher and I'll bet you will not hear it. Not the little short sweeps. Swing over it like you hunting.

Rick
December 07, 2018 03:19PM
Turn the discrimination knob clockwise until a nail discriminates out, then loosen the set screw on the control knob, remove the control knob and then re-install the knob where the pointer is dead on 'iron', then tighten the set screw. It's not rocket science. At that 'iron' setting a dime next to a nail will beep, but it will down average the conductivity so the conductivity is going to be somewhere between a nail and a dime, maybe even in the 'foil' range, it depends on a lot of factors. If you're relic hunting you should dig ALL non-ferrous targets or you're going to miss some really good finds because the VDI numbers on digital detectors are skewed when nails are next to good targets. VDI numbers in a bed of nails are as worthless as taste buds on an a$$hole.

I'm really impressed that the higher frequency detectors hit harder on the gold piece next to the nail. I have a Nox headed my way.

tabman

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 03:38PM by tabman.
December 07, 2018 04:26PM
Obviously this is not a valid test since he specifically stated he is NOT using ACE Hardware nails. LOL !

Love that colonial gold piece Cal....super duper find in my opinion.
December 07, 2018 09:56PM
December 10, 2018 02:39AM
Hey Cal did u ever test the concentric coil for atpro or atmax? Just curious if it would do any better then the AT dds
December 10, 2018 12:48PM
I didnt ...