Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Makro discontinued models -current

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Makro discontinued models -current
December 08, 2018 01:10AM
[www.noktadetectors.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2018 01:17AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Nokta Makro discontinued models -current
December 08, 2018 03:36AM
Damn long list
December 08, 2018 06:04AM
I really appreciate that they continue to make the manuals available an linked on the page. Wonderful company!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
December 08, 2018 06:32AM
They discontinued 10 models in one year (2018)?------WOW!
December 08, 2018 06:46AM
Dang that's crazy. I wonder how long after the warranty expires they will service them.
December 08, 2018 10:51AM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dang that's crazy. I wonder how long after the war
> ranty expires they will service them.

That is the question.. we all know they are working on a new multi frequency detector similar to the nox. They bring out new models really fast which is good and bad. The good is maybe something a little better, the bad is now you just lost alot of the value in the detector you just bought new. ...
December 08, 2018 01:46PM
The new current models replace those discontinued in akin to more what the market wants physically and electronically. Which may not provide any more depth performance
than previous models.
There is really no reason to lose money on those discontinued models you have purchased if you keep and use them. And if you found enough treasure with it, it probably paid for itself.
So you really didn't lose, if resale $$ drops some, the new buyer will get some great bangs for the buck on the used detector.... there should be a good second hand market.... A plus for those who
who want a Nokta/Makro product who can't afford to buy new.

I am eager to see the new Simplex models when they come out.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 10, 2018 07:40AM
Maybe Dilek will pop in and give a answer on how long they will service the fairly new discontinued detectors. I was thinking mighty hard on getting a Anfibio but if they're discontinuing that new of a machine it makes me worry on how long the Anfibio will be on the market before it gets the boot.
December 10, 2018 09:11AM
Sven1 Wrote:
> The new current models replace those discontinued
> in akin to more what the market wants physically a
> nd electronically. Which may not provide any more
> depth performance
> than previous models.
> There is really no reason to lose money on those d
> iscontinued models you have purchased if you keep
> and use them. And if you found enough treasure wit
> h it, it probably paid for itself.
> So you really didn't lose, if resale $$ drops some
> , the new buyer will get some great bangs for the
> buck on the used detector.... there should be a go
> od second hand market.... A plus for those who
> who want a Nokta/Makro product who can't afford to
> buy new.
>
> I am eager to see the new Simplex models when they
> come out.

Don't be so quick to make that statement till we see how these discontinued models hold up and how long the company is going to service the things.-----Ten discontinued models in 2018---my goodness!!------They only have two year warranties to begin with.----If they don't service them for awhile you may end up with some expensive door stops.
December 10, 2018 11:39PM
My exact thoughts Del! Some of us can't afford a new detector every couple of years and I usually have to trade or sell my used one in order to get another machine. If the used one is broken and discontinued I ain't going to get much out of it.
December 11, 2018 04:51AM
Well, I for one certainly can't complain about my experience with Nokta Makro detectors,

Every one of them has performed very well as advertised, (not always the case with detectors).
Ain't seen even a hiccup from any of my Nok/Mak units, & not in a hurry to sell my FORS Relic anytime soon either.
Some units you just bond with, others you can part with and try something new, some you sell in quest for the "Holy Grail" and end up buying again.
If a detector is producing for you and you don't find some situation or change in hunting interests to prompt a change don't worry, be happy.
My hunting partner uses his machines til they disintegrate in his hands then buys a new one.
vehicle wise I don't own a unit made in this century...
Cheers,
Drew.
December 11, 2018 05:46AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Sven1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The new current models replace those discontinue
> d
> > in akin to more what the market wants physically
> a
> > nd electronically. Which may not provide any mor
> e
> > depth performance
> > than previous models.
> > There is really no reason to lose money on those
> d
> > iscontinued models you have purchased if you kee
> p
> > and use them. And if you found enough treasure w
> it
> > h it, it probably paid for itself.
> > So you really didn't lose, if resale $$ drops so
> me
> > , the new buyer will get some great bangs for th
> e
> > buck on the used detector.... there should be a
> go
> > od second hand market.... A plus for those who
> > who want a Nokta/Makro product who can't afford
> to
> > buy new.
> >
> > I am eager to see the new Simplex models when th
> ey
> > come out.
>
>
> Don't be so quick to make that statement till we s
> ee how these discontinued models hold up and how l
> ong the company is going to service the things.---
> --Ten discontinued models in 2018---my goodness!!-
> -----They only have two year warranties to begin w
> ith
.----If they don't service them for awhile you
> may end up with some expensive door stops.

Unmatched Two Year Warranty where in most cases problems are solved via pictures and videos thus saving the user the hassle of boxing up the unit and send back to the manufacturer just to replace a simple part - This antiquated prehistoric system of waiting on shipping both ways might be all fine and dandy if you are buying within your country however Makro / Nokta have hit a home run with their Customer Support and the simple way they get matters resolved - IMO That in itself is the mark of a great company -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 11, 2018 08:39PM
Having owned several of the Turkish units I have found Nokta/Makro very responsive to the needs of their customers and strive to make the owners of their products very happy. When I had a coil go bad on one of my units, Dilek had one delivered to me in 4 days! And this was shipped from Turkey!
Believe me when buying my first detector from them I was concerned about dealing with issues that may arise from an out of country manufacture with no support in the USA, those concerns were unfounded and I will continue to purchase their products in the future. I think they have really put the pressure on other manufactures of detectors to step up their game in the customer service as well as the R&D dept.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 08:41PM by choppadude.
December 11, 2018 08:46PM
You and Ole' Cal better load up on them for parts. Ha!
December 11, 2018 10:18PM
I bet by this time 2019 the Kruzers will be discontinued, all except maybe the Gold Kruzer, which discontinues the Gold Racer.

HH
Mike
December 12, 2018 05:32AM
Hello all... sorry to respond late guys...

OK no need for any speculation:-) Here are the facts:

Yes we did discontinue some models to really freshen up the product line up and move forward with products that would cover the needs of customers at different price points.
The current lineup - Racer 2 / Kruzer / Impact and Anfibio is not going anywhere.
The current MSRP for these models are between $499 - $899.
In addition, we are now working on the final arrangements of our service center in the USA. You will see an announcement from me hopefully soon.
Here I guarantee that no one will be left out in the dark in terms of after sales support. One way or another, we will always stand behind our products and valued customer...whether it is through our service center or us directly.
Thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2018 05:34AM by Nokta Detectors.
December 12, 2018 09:22AM
Great to hear it straight from the manufacturer. Are you all going to keep parts in stock for the discontinued detectors and if so how long in the future will you service them? Thanks
December 12, 2018 06:25PM
What I also find amusing is the fact that a few of those discontinued models are better than some of the other manufacturers flagships -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 12, 2018 08:13PM
I have the Fors Relic why would they discontinue this model for the $ it a great detector?