Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Retirement

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Retirement
December 10, 2018 11:59PM
who here is retired and who's not.
Re: Retirement
December 11, 2018 12:05AM
Yep.i am retired,was able too retire at 49,best decision that i ever made winking smiley
December 11, 2018 12:06AM
Retired at 41, 15.5 years ago.
Loving every minute of retirement thus far.
December 11, 2018 12:23AM
Not retired at 63, Working part time and have sign business that slowed way down.

Rick
December 11, 2018 12:37AM
Retired in 2006. The last 12 years have been the best of my life. And a daily routine of detecting helps to keep one young(er) feeling. HH jim tn
December 11, 2018 12:38AM
44 and working...but winter time is slow for our business. So I guess I could say I am semi retired in the winter...
December 11, 2018 01:05AM
Semi retired. My wife and I own a Jewelry store. I’m 58 and my wife is 39. My wife runs the store most the time so that I can spend a lot of time doing what I enjoy.Metal detecting. When the weather is nice I’m out hunting. I thank god for my wife. Plus she doesn’t complain when I buy metal detectors.
December 11, 2018 01:09AM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 44 and working...but winter time is slow for our b
> usiness. So I guess I could say I am semi retired
> in the winter...

That sounds like a good set up Cal. But I bet you work your hind end off during the busy season
December 11, 2018 01:16AM
Retired 2002 at 62----days spent on "honey do's" and managing our
235 acre tree farm.Only get to pursue my passion,shell hunting,about once a year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 01:20AM by doc holiday.
December 11, 2018 01:26AM
57 still working full time ....heck when I do Retire, all I need is $10 bucks a day for beer and detector batterys.
December 11, 2018 01:34AM
Rob in (ca) Wrote:
> 57 still working full time ....heck when I do Reti
> re, all I need is $10 bucks a day for beer and det
> ector batterys.

Amen to that
December 11, 2018 01:54AM
I will be 58 on the 18th. of this month. Working full time. But after dairy farming for 35 years or so and now having a 5 day 40 hours per week job is like a vacation. Sure is nice having Saturdays and Sundays off where I can do anything that I want or doing nothing at all if I want.
December 11, 2018 02:08AM
Rob in (ca) Wrote:
> 57 still working full time ....heck when I do Reti
> re, all I need is $10 bucks a day for beer and det
> ector batterys.

Lol, not laughing at the working part, but the beer and battery part.
Be hard to get a buzz on a measly $10 worth of beer nowadays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 02:10AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 11, 2018 02:16AM
I'm 51 and been retired since June 1st 2008. Worked for the state 22 years and private sector at same time for 11 years. Wife just put in for retirement from postal service at age 48. My job now is fishing, hunting and detecting. Oh and grandkids
December 11, 2018 03:39AM
Bill long Wrote:
> who here is retired and who's not.

i am! allows me to do what i want, which is chasin' after
silver!..beats hell outta bein' in a bar all day! i'm just saying'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 03:44AM by jmaryt.
December 11, 2018 03:40AM
Retired in 2009 at 55. Don't know how I ever had time to work. I can only get out detecting two or three times a week.
December 11, 2018 03:51AM
Retired from day job as an Arborist Superintendent after 34+ years working for City of Vancouver BC, (up here in Canada), 25 of them in charge of looking after 12 out of 22 neighborhoods and park hazard trees.
Now semi-retired & running my private tree service company, working for whoever, where and when I wish.
Oh yeah, retired in 2017 at 57, climbing the big West coast trees keeps you young, (and plenty aware of your mortality).
Tectin where and whenever.
Cheers,
Drew.
December 11, 2018 04:01AM
Retired!
December 11, 2018 09:16AM
Semi retired at 66 having a blast working 2-3 days a week at the General Store in our small town. We have some real characters as customers. It's a hoot and I would miss it.

We fill a real need too as there isn't a Big Box store within a 45 minute drive.

Still feel young and will continue most likely until I'm 70.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 09:20AM by Jackpine.
December 11, 2018 02:44PM
Need 5 more years at the grindstone before I can retire.

HH
Mike
December 11, 2018 04:19PM
Retired in early 90's after 30 yrs with Pa.State Police and that's when I started detecting...been a good 25 yrs plus swinging but personal problems with my wifes health have left me little time to detect as caregivers hours are long...always next year one hopes...
December 11, 2018 04:24PM
I've been retired for nearly 20 years. I went from being extreme to the max workaholic real estate agent/home designer/builder/land developer/landlord to being able to do nothing better than anyone else that I know of. Competition was my driving force; I thrived on it. My wife says that I'm overly obsessive with anything that I do. I've been metal detecting for around 8 years or so and I'm still learning something new all the time. I figure anyone who excels at hunting and fishing will also do well at metal detecting. lol

tabman
December 11, 2018 04:52PM
AT LEAST 30 more years before I can even possibly catch glimpse of retirement. Now I am depressed.
December 11, 2018 05:12PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> AT LEAST 30 more years before I can even possibly
> catch glimpse of retirement. Now I am depressed.

Look on the bright side Daniel, shows that you are still young.
December 11, 2018 05:14PM
I certainly do not put in the hours I use to in my remodeling business, matter of fact, I'm probably closing up shop in 5 months when I turn 66. I have been for many years, sick and tired of bidding 10 jobs and getting one.....loosing it to illegal businesses who don't play by the state and federal laws. My dad once said to me "son, maybe you're too honest". I said "dad, that's the way you bought me up, can't change now, my conscience is already built". I will not screw over on people to make a buck, ain't happening.

I won't stop working, but I will just sub on occasion and bust butt working with a friend in the structural foundation repair business. Hard work as everything used is friggen heavy. It won't be a daily grind though and the pay is very good. I can just go and do the work that he has already contracted for.

I'll do this till I physically can't do it any longer. My daughter also keeps me busy fixing and renovating her house. As far as retirement where all you do is play, I don't know about that, don't see that in the crystal ball. One day at a time.
December 11, 2018 05:16PM
Retired, age 66 and working part time 50 hours a week.
December 11, 2018 05:16PM
Retirement, what's that? I'm planning to retire in 10 years, with a stretch goal of 5. Had I stayed single, heck I could probably do it now eye rolling smiley

Almost everything I've read about retirement planning guides you to retire as early as you possibly can, because the one thing no amount of money will every buy you is time winking smiley
December 11, 2018 05:23PM
Retired at 62...after crawling under houses for a living, (rough-in plumber) for 35+ years, it was time for my back to mend somewhat. Seemed to help...now I can dig without the pain!

XP DEUS* NAUTILUS 2B WITH WHITES ROD CONVERSION* LESCHE PIRANAH* LESCHE DIGGER* THE BOMB SHEATH* GARRETT ZLYNK PP W/ WIRELESS HEADPHONES* OLDEST COIN 1776 2 REALE*
December 11, 2018 05:59PM
Retired 5 years ago at 50. Had 30 years of local gov't career time. Now farm some cattle and own 2 Tae Kwon Do schools. Fun work!
December 11, 2018 06:38PM
I retired 6 months ago at 68. 45 years selling sporting goods, uniforms/equipment to little leagues, schools and colleges. Also part time musician playing beach, soul and rock n roll. Now retired and running a Grandaddy day care.oh woe is me LOL