Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP DEUS, ANFIBIO, AND EQUINOX....

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP DEUS, ANFIBIO, AND EQUINOX....
December 16, 2018 01:58AM
Talking about these three detectors..talk
Re: XP DEUS, ANFIBIO, AND EQUINOX....
December 16, 2018 04:42AM
Hey Calabash, I think lots of seasoned veteran detectorist resist newer technologies available from the three detectors you speak of. I hated the crappy audio on lots of detectors that are offered by manufacturers today (clipped audio). The Nox , Anfibio, Deus seemed to all have better audio, especially the Anfibio!! Heck I would take a fisher CZ with adjustable iron volume!!!! That would set my world on fire !!!! I guess a will settle for the Anfibio !!! HH Tony
December 16, 2018 04:16PM
Good video Calabash.
Calabash.
December 16, 2018 06:27PM
So Calabash you use the HF coil, what freq do you use when iron hunting and what freq do you use when there is not much iron, some but not a lot...On the Nox 800 do you use a single freq for iron hunting and what freq and what do you use on lite iron? I would think because the nox can cycle through all of the freq you can hit deep silver and still hunt in heavy iron. The video below tests the standard coil versus the HF coil..Do a coin on edge test using the three detectors?

[www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com]

[www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 16, 2018 09:21PM
I relic hunt in 28 kh all the time with the Deus. Multi on the Equinox.
December 16, 2018 09:52PM
Thanks

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

December 16, 2018 11:52PM
The AT series detectors were a great value when they first came out. Easy to use and fun with the waterproofing making them easy to pick over many similar machines. Performance wise they are clearly better than an entry level machine and could do descent or better than most machines in their price range up until only recently. The Equinox seems to be the new price/performance standard in a waterproof housing that most importantly is smooth running and simple to use. My question is why buy a Deus or Anfibio over and Equinox?
December 17, 2018 12:28AM
Nice vid Calabash -

You are spot on thumbs up

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 17, 2018 12:36AM
beastdig Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The AT series detectors were a great value when th
> ey first came out. Easy to use and fun with the w
> aterproofing making them easy to pick over many si
> milar machines. Performance wise they are clearly
> better than an entry level machine and could do de
> scent or better than most machines in their price
> range up until only recently. The Equinox seems t
> o be the new price/performance standard in a water
> proof housing that most importantly is smooth runn
> ing and simple to use. My question is why buy a D
> eus or Anfibio over and Equinox?

If you want to be successful at detecting find places to hunt. Use the detector you have now and have fun. Find a virgin site and post your finds. Some will rush to buy your brand of detector.
December 17, 2018 01:09AM
You should run a test on the nox on a deep target and a target in iron. Does it see the target in multi freq mode and test is a signal freq and see if any mode loses depth.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

December 17, 2018 01:15AM
What I want to know is where are all these virgin spots are?? MOST of the sites I hit have been hit in the past. I love the way some like to attribute someone finding good stuff to a virgin site. I have heard all that crap before take your detector to a virgin site blah blah …… Do you realize how rare virgin sites are in my area? Yours might be different.... We WORK for what we find here. Research ,time, and actual detecting!
December 17, 2018 01:17AM
Deus is better in thick iron than the Equinox ,it also weighs under 2 lbs and is easier to swing in the woods....beastdig Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The AT series detectors were a great value when th
> ey first came out. Easy to use and fun with the w
> aterproofing making them easy to pick over many si
> milar machines. Performance wise they are clearly
> better than an entry level machine and could do de
> scent or better than most machines in their price
> range up until only recently. The Equinox seems t
> o be the new price/performance standard in a water
> proof housing that most importantly is smooth runn
> ing and simple to use. My question is why buy a D
> eus or Anfibio over and Equinox?
December 17, 2018 01:18AM
It's called door knocking. Many older homes in towns have never been hit. And you have never worked detecting until you walked a salt water beach for hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2018 01:21AM by goodmore.
December 17, 2018 01:21AM
I dont normally hunt yards...
December 17, 2018 01:21AM
Oh well
December 17, 2018 01:25AM
Dont like to hunt sites that went much past the Civil War.....so maybe its a little tougher for us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2018 01:26AM by calabash digger.
December 17, 2018 02:31AM
The dirt you have in your area is different it is sandy and very little minerals that could be the difference from my soil. Have you hunted with the smaller coil in iron with the nox.how does the smaller coil do in heavy iron over the deus.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

December 17, 2018 02:46AM
I did not like the 6 inch coil on the Equinox in iron but might try another.
December 17, 2018 02:52AM
Judging from your finds you've done good at your own kind of "knocking". It seems in a state that has so many CW period sites the ones that are mostly accessible are no where near virgin. So I like coming in to a site and picking that one missed. I have found my best CW buttons in yards from late 1800 yards. Sometimes it takes state of the art equipment to see this mysterious target we seek. When it comes to finding a target in iron CD you are loaded for bear. Sooner or later we all find that niche of the hobby we like more than others. I like the beach but I will jump in a school field or park once in awhile. Then the hunt club hunts in January when the frost is in the way. All fun.
December 17, 2018 04:42PM
A lot of Deus users are using the HF coil at the freq of 28 for relic iron hunting but the XL coil is about the same freq, what is the difference? More bang for the buck higher freq than 28 for those that gold hunt?

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

December 17, 2018 11:38PM
The X35 coils would be better all-round coils for both coin and relic hunting, still retains close to 28kHz for relic hunting, you regain the 3 TX power settings, plus have the added boost mode. If not intending to ever use the highest frequency on the HF coils, then probably better off to option the Deus with one of the x35 coils. The only other factor to take into consideration is the physical size of the elliptical HF coil, as it might prove advantageous in thick iron over the round 9" HF and X35 coils, though for me the 9" round is a good compromise in the depth/separation departments.

I wonder whether XP will ever release the elliptical coil in X35 configuration, as I reckon it would be quite popular.
December 18, 2018 02:09PM
Stability is the factor for me. HF coil runs more stable in my area..
Re: XP DEUS, ANFIBIO, AND EQUINOX.... Concentric possible???
December 23, 2018 10:30PM
Just chewin my cud here,
I wonder if either or both the Equinox and/or XP Deus could run a concentric coil??
Does the design of the machine exclude operation with different coil construction?
I would find it very interesting to see these units with 6" ,7", or 8" concentric coil hunting a trashy site.
December 23, 2018 10:38PM
ME TOO!
December 23, 2018 10:52PM
You have to wonder if Nokata late summer 2019 is going to release their new multi freq machine that will have to beat out the nox 800. And would be great if Calabash was a tester. They would most likely have a lot of coils for it within the first year. That may be a great next detector for those that are looking for the next step up from the nox 800. I think that is how it works they have to one-up the other company? I know how they work and if they pick you as a tester they talk to you and ask what you want on the new unit and then see if they can add it. I would want the all metal with iron vol and to take the iron and put it on one side of the headphone and the high tone on the other side. Would like to see it work like the Gen mode on the impact with those few changes. And when they design a program go into more depth what makes the program tick. Like filters and recovery speed. Would also like separate control of disc and notch. And would be cool if you could set up the freq you want to cycle through. You can pick them, say up to five at one time but you select the freq all of a few.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]