Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Impact for sale - Sold thanks.

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
Impact for sale - Sold thanks.
December 26, 2018 12:44PM
I have one of the test impacts that I would let go cheap. I have ordered an Anfibio and don't think I will need both detectors. I have cleared this with Dilek and she is fine with me selling it. Like I said it is one of the test samples and their may have been some changes to the final product and there is no warranty. It will come with the wireless headphones, two coils, the stock and the small 6x3. The detector is in good condition and works good but shows signs of use of course. There are a few scratches on the face plate. $350 delivered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2018 01:11PM by wjs.
Re: Impact for sale
December 27, 2018 04:34PM
I was a tester and I can say that the Impact I think in my dirt is hard to beat...I have kept it and have hunted with a couple of top machines and it sees every target the other machines see. For the price, he is asking I would say pick it up and update it and use the gen all metal program and see what it can do in your ground. The new machine that has come out from the company is getting high marks also.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 27, 2018 05:34PM
Quote:" I would say pick it up and update it"
I imagine that's one question that potential purchasers may wonder about. Is it updatable ? Will the 'pre-production' hardware be compatible with any current or future software downloads?
I'm just thinking here about the F75 upgrade chaos [ma-ma bug?] , caused by new software not working on older circuit-boards, and Fisher having to upgrade the entire electronics guts in order to send a customer a working machine.
I was a tester for the impact
December 27, 2018 06:52PM
I could update on my tester but they won't be adding any updates anymore. My machine is deep and works great I think the testing machines may be deeper

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 27, 2018 11:27PM
To be honest, an Impact with wireless headphones and two coils, delivered for $350 is such a no brainer that I'd he shocked if it's still available.
wjs
December 27, 2018 11:37PM
I do believe it can be updated. I don't think much changed from the this to the production model.
December 27, 2018 11:42PM
My test unit.
I indeed updated.
There is latest update I didn’t do- has to do with headphones.
But did all previous ones, no problems.

Anyone looking here.
Impact with small 4x7.5” Coil is a demon in very polluted old house sites.
December 27, 2018 11:43PM
I was reasonably interested myself, but international carriage charges, combined with the hit/miss of UK Customs officials, who could slap +30% on the declared value, make it not worth the risk.
I get the impression that secondhand Impact prices are not strong, as the availability of the Kruzer and Anfibio makes them seem like 'last years model'.
In fact there's a similar Impact + four coil package listed on UK eBay at the moment, the buyer has upgraded to the Anfibio.
December 27, 2018 11:48PM
wjs, I'll take the Impact--sent you a PM. Cal Cobra convinced me!