Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nox 15 inch coil

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nox 15 inch coil
December 27, 2018 02:00PM
I am undecided on whether to get the 15" inch coil or not. The CTX 17" gave me about .5 inches on dimes, and 1.5 inches on larger coins. The TID was more consistent on deeper targets.

Has anyone used it and does it give extra depth?
Re: Nox 15 inch coil
December 27, 2018 02:50PM
Some say yes....Some say no.....I would like to know also. I am not going to swing the weight for nothing.
December 27, 2018 06:14PM
My final analysis: I think it is worth having if you are going to use the Nox for a while, but it is more for ground coverage rather than depth. If you hunt open fields or beaches, then its for sure worth having. I will use mine way more than I'll ever use the 6 inch. It does seem to boost the targets that would be considered fringe depth with the stock coil, but that has been the extent of what I have seen.
December 27, 2018 06:56PM
If you hunt places with 9-10” coins you should be happy with the 15” coil.
I have one park in particular that has really opened back up because of this coil.
I have never seen such an improvement in finds with any other coil, on any other machine.
Even though I can hit 9” dimes and pennies with the stock coil on occasion, the big coil seems to catch more of them
and also started netting me 10” dimes and pennies. It hits those fringe targets much harder then the stock coil.

The 15” Nox coil gave me a much more noticeable boost in deep finds then my CTX 17” coil did.
The 15” Nox coil swings light for its size compared to the big CTX coil.
The Equinox 15” coil combo is deeper then my CTX 17” coil combo. Also deeper then my E-Trac Tornado combo.

I have read that some people have not seen much gain with the big Nox coil and it seems that it might be tied to
recovery Speed. It really runs deep using Recovery Speed 5 on my 800. If you are running a 600 you might be
limited on you ability to fine tune it to your conditions for maximum depth.

The Big coil definitely is not as nimble amongst heavy trash like the 11” coil is.

Bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2018 06:58PM by Cabin Fever.
December 27, 2018 07:06PM
For a big coil, I am impressed at how relatively light and sensitive the 15 is. Yesterday I hunted my local 'hunted out' park with my buddy who got a new 800 for Christmas. He scored some wheaties and was pleased with that. He had been using a 705 for years and was very competent with it. I pulled two silver dimes, a 1960 and a 1943 in very good shape. I also found an Uncle Sam dime. Interestingly they were very shallow- an inch and a half on the Rosie and maybe a half inch on the Merc! This is a grass field about the size of a football field that he has hit dozens of times over nearly a decade, finding maybe 6 silver dimes. Probably dozens of guys have hit it as well.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2018 07:07PM by Pasttom.
December 27, 2018 07:21PM
Thanks guys!
December 27, 2018 08:36PM
Yes thanks to all. I agree with Daniel. I believe the 15 inch would see more time than a six inch with my hunting. Time to save up. Maybe tumble some clad.
December 27, 2018 09:06PM
Hey, a half inch deeper could be the find of a lifetime.