Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My test unit Impact has new future home- will go to forum member here

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My test unit Impact has new future home- will go to forum member here
December 28, 2018 12:11AM
Pimento,
You are a worthy contributor here to this forum.
And I see you had some interest in unit for sale here currently.

So I am willing to ship my unit to you.
You pay whatever taxes/custom fees are.
Unit was/is test unit. Has test sample printed on unit.. Screen has scratches. It came to me in this condition. But screen viewing still very viewable.
Declared value will be $350 USD.

I have never sent any detector outside of CONUS.

I didn’t pay for unit. Had a lot of fun with.
Besides would be interesting to get your take on detector.
Will come with stock and smaller 4x7.5” dd coils.
Update cable/charge cable for wireless headphones.
Wireless headphones. Disclaimer these are the original ones, manufacturer changed them somewhat , but they are functional with unit.
Batteries wise, charge wise you are own your own p.
Takes 4aa.

Let me know what you think.

I lived in UK for a while, and I know vat, etc can be expensive.

So this will be my good deed starting off the New Year if you accept.
I’ll pay the shipping.
Don’t know exactly how I will ship.
It won’t be shipped express, or overnight.

Naturally I’ll need address info if you are interested.

Detector will be yours. Not on loan or anything. YOURS.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2018 03:44PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Pimento- interested in my Impact detector -you pay taxes/customs it’s yours
December 28, 2018 01:54AM
Do not ship via Surface Mail, goes by ship, it can take about as long as it would take to paddle a canoe across the ocean. Good chance the crew will get bored and have a present opening party...............

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 28, 2018 02:58AM
Thank you for your generous offer, sir, but after some thought, I've decided to decline.
I'm not one for making 'New Years Resolutions' , as I typically fail... but I do want to have my finances under control next year, and buying another detector isn't going to help that.

Mr. Sven's right about the shipping, it could be up to 6 weeks by bamboo raft, or whatever they use .... not good value considering it would likely cost 90 Dollars.

I'm sure you'll have some others on here who are tempted by it, though.

Best Wishes.
December 28, 2018 03:02AM
Alright Pimento.
I’ll watch more and will find someone else.
Not pressing
But detector needs to be used.
I can’t use Anfibio multi and Impact at same time.
December 28, 2018 01:26PM
Generous, but interesting that this wasn't done in a PM.
December 28, 2018 03:38PM
My Impact detector will have a new home soon. Forum member here responded. Glad I could help them out.

So my posting here publically what I did, actually had a positive outcome.

All proceeds after shipping charges will be donated to this forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2018 03:45PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 28, 2018 03:44PM
dave_e Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Generous, but interesting that this wasn't done in
> a PM.

Things done in private don't get attention or the "glory of men". Anybody remember the lesson of giving alms in Matthew 6?
Re: My test unit Impact has new future home- will go to forum member here
December 28, 2018 06:47PM
dave_e Wrote:
> Generous, but interesting that this wasn't done in
> a PM.

The motivation for so many posts and videos
[www.whywesuffer.com]
December 28, 2018 08:34PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> dave_e Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Generous, but interesting that this wasn't done
> in
> > a PM.
>
>
> Things done in private don't get attention or the
> "glory of men". Anybody remember the lesson of g
> iving alms in Matthew 6?

Yes Daniel-------Matthew 6: 1-4
December 28, 2018 09:19PM
You are awesome, tnsharpshooter. I've derived many hours of joy by using the MXS you gave me. Don't let the naysayers discourage you.
wjs
December 29, 2018 01:22AM
That was an awesome thing you done TN. I had mixed feelings about selling mine as I got it for free but as a tester I put in a ton of hours testing and making charts, videos, etc. I know Tom probably put in hundreds of hours also. So in reality the detector was not really free as it was a lot of work and testing involved. I put the price low so someone could get a good deal and so I could have a little bit to put towards the Anfibio.
December 29, 2018 01:46AM
Detectorist and WJS,

We only go around once on Earth.
I want my journey to be a good one.

I read here. And when I think I can help I try.
Wish I could do more.

Thank you to both for your kinds words.

Happy New Year to you both.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2018 01:47AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 29, 2018 01:59AM
WOW! Now there using Bible verses against you...…….I think this one fits them...Mat 7:1  “Judge not, that you be not judged. 
Mat 7:2  For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 
Mat 7:3  Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 
Mat 7:4  Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 
Mat 7:5  You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. 

I think a few around here have some redwoods in their eyes.....hot smiley

Come to think about these verses might apply.....Pro 26:3  A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the back of fools. 
Pro 26:4  Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself. 
Pro 26:5  Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes. 
December 29, 2018 03:24AM
Religion & politics---two of the most explosive issues I know of!smiling smiley
December 29, 2018 07:52AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but at one time was this forum not a safe haven for people who loved to discuss metal detectors, metal detecting and the science and technology behind it while avoiding all the drama among other things that occurs on many of the other metal detecting forums?

As I've said previously I had to take a break from detecting for a while. When I came back to the forum I couldn't believe what was happening here. Posts were being made, the content of which was nothing more than one member complaining about and making fun of how another member chose to word his threads and posts. Flaming posts were being made for no other purpose than to elicit a fiery response from the people mentioned in them and to lead the thread down a path that was as far from its original intent/subject as possible. Sometimes these misdirected threads go on for page after page of nothing but worthless drivel. I can't say that it's always the same group of guys that initiate and add fuel to these threads but if you read a few of them and pay attention to the authors you'll start to see a pattern form.

As for this thread, I compliment David for his generosity in giving a detector away. If it were me I would've most likely handled it in a different manner but who am I to criticize him for doing it his way. At the end of the day he helped another forum member and that's what this forum is supposed to be about.

I also understand and am familiar with every biblical reference made in this thread and can see how some do and others don't really apply. Either way, this isn't a bible study forum it's a metal detecting forum. If you want to discuss the bible please take it to a forum that discusses the bible (I believe there's even a Christian detecting forum that will probably welcome this type of post) and leave this one to it's intended purpose....metal detecting.

Respectfully,

Chris Woods

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2018 08:03AM by Chris Woods.
December 29, 2018 01:01PM
Hey Guys
I am the fellow that David (TSS) gave the Impact to.
I visit this forum daily because of the the freedom everyone has to share there honest knowledge on detectors,techniques,hunts and finds
I have only a handful of post on this forum...but thought I would respond to this topic..as it went to finger pointing quickly..All over a good deed...
Honesty , Respect toward others and being able to Speak freely is slowly fading away..
There are a number of Guys on here that I have Great Respect for..Their Integrity,Honesty and a willingness to Help Others ..Tom D comes to mind ..
Would like to say Thank You David (TSS) for your generosity ...looking forward to hunting with the impact..
joe
December 29, 2018 01:03PM
Wow it's getting to the point where a person can't do a good deed without being criticized. I see no reason why this should of been done in a pm, it is nice to see/read where someone does such a kind thing and shows what kind of people most of us are in this wonderful hobby. Over the years I have forum members offer me a detector to use as long as I wanted to when I didn't have one. Have even been offered money to help me out, had members send thoughts and prayers in my family's times of troubles. Being kind to one another is what it is all about. I wouldn't mind if the whole world knew about all the good deeds I have received and been offered so good on you tnsharpshooter.
December 29, 2018 01:11PM
joe in alabama Wrote:
> Hey Guys
> I am the fellow that David (TSS) gave the Impact t
> o.
> I visit this forum daily because of the the freedo
> m everyone has to share there honest knowledge on
> detectors,techniques,hunts and finds
> I have only a handful of post on this forum...but
> thought I would respond to this topic..as it went
> to finger pointing quickly..All over a good deed..
> .
> Honesty , Respect toward others and being able to
> Speak freely is slowly fading away..
> There are a number of Guys on here that I have Gre
> at Respect for..Their Integrity,Honesty and a will
> ingness to Help Others ..Tom D comes to mind ..
> Would like to say Thank You David (TSS) for you
> r generosity ...looking forward to hunting with th
> e impact..
> joe

I must of been typing my reply while you were writing yours Joe, I guess great minds think alike as they say even though mine isn't as good as it used to be. I would just like to say that the detector couldn't of went to a better guy. I hope that it finds you many goodies
December 29, 2018 01:13PM
Chris W - nice post.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 29, 2018 01:28PM
Having read through the thread, I'm now wondering if I misunderstood the T's & C's of the sale .... c'est la vie , at least it has a new home.
wjs
December 29, 2018 01:42PM

Having read through the thread, I'm now wondering if I misunderstood the T's & C's of the sale .... c'est la vie , at least it has a new home.

Yes I think you misunderstood him. He was going to give you the metal detector for free if you pay the taxes or custom fees. He was going to declare the value at $350 not charge you $350.
December 29, 2018 01:51PM
wjs Wrote:
>

Having read through the thread, I'm now won
> dering if I misunderstood the T's & C's of the sal
> e .... c'est la vie , at least it has a new home.[
> /quote]
>
> Yes I think you misunderstood him. He was going to
> give you the metal detector for free if you pay th
> e taxes or custom fees. He was going to declare th
> e value at $350 not charge you $350

All above correct. I offered to Pimento due to his prior comments in another FS Impact thread.

Joe you are welcome. Hopefully next week you’ll be using Impact.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2018 01:55PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 29, 2018 02:18PM
Yes, my prior comments in the WJS thread indicated I was considering paying 350 Dollars, but add in 80 Dollars shipping and a likely 110 Dollars customs/VAT fee made me shy away. So I thought TNS was offering the same deal, but would generously pay the international shipping.
If it had been done via PM, my response would've been different ... proposing a way that benefitted my Government much less, and TNS more.
December 29, 2018 02:50PM
More than 35 years of purchasing and sub-contracting in various industries taught me that negotiations in public are a terrible idea. During any necessary back-and-forth between the two parties to clarify proposals and terms, onlookers will tend to comment, question and otherwise confuse or delay the process.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold