Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

consolidated useful Equinox info?

Posted by Rod-PA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
consolidated useful Equinox info?
January 31, 2020 07:44PM
I read the consolidated Tarsacci thread...I am very interested if anyone has done the same for the Equinox on this site. An 800 is on the way to me right now...trying to read everything over the weekend.

Thanks.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 01:56AM by Rod-PA.
Re: Anyone happen to have consolidated useful Equinox info?
January 31, 2020 08:07PM
Rodman, is it coming with the update? Can't wait to hear how the transition will be...going from a Fisher and a Vista to a Minelab. I remember going from a Fisher to a ML Explorer.
I had to go back to the Fisher and then ease my way into the SE....big speed difference.

I think the EQ will be easier to get acquainted with....Let me know how you do, or, we could hit the turf together. The ground is probably frozen...mild winter though...hope I didn't jinx us.
January 31, 2020 08:28PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rodman, is it coming with the update? Can't wait t
> o hear how the transition will be...going from a F
> isher and a Vista to a Minelab. I remember going f
> rom a Fisher to a ML Explorer.
> I had to go back to the Fisher and then ease my wa
> y into the SE....big speed difference.
>
> I think the EQ will be easier to get acquainted wi
> th....Let me know how you do, or, we could hit the
> turf together. The ground is probably frozen...mil
> d winter though...hope I didn't jinx us.

Oh, im not getting rid of the F75, ever.
January 31, 2020 11:03PM
Here you go Rod.

This link/thread here Rod was first Equinox thread posted on this forum. Long thread but does have some good info.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Rod,
Some YouTube directory links.
You can pick and choose what you want to watch based on title.
This directory belongs to member here Calabash Digger.
[m.youtube.com]

This directory belongs to Keith Southern
[m.youtube.com]

This directory here is mine.
[m.youtube.com]

This directory belongs to member here Abenson. His ground likely more mineralized than yours Rod.
Gent makes good videos.
[m.youtube.com]

This link here has loads of info Equinox specific. Tons of info.
[www.detectorprospector.com]

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2020 11:32PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 01, 2020 01:56AM
TNS, thank you very much. just what i was looking for.
February 01, 2020 02:20AM
Rod-PA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TNS, thank you very much. just what i was looking
> for.

You are welcome Rod.
Others contemplating Equinox May find helpful as well.
Good luck with your new detector.
February 01, 2020 02:58PM
Asking a well focused question - always a good idea

Getting a well-organized and categorized answer - one of the best things about a good forum.

Nice one TN

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 02, 2020 08:58PM
Thank you!!!
Re: consolidated useful Equinox info?
February 10, 2020 02:28AM
Just wanted to say thanks to you all on this site. First time out, for a bit over an hour with the equinox today. Figured to just go with recommended settings given here, and see what happens. 23 sens was most without constant emi tones, FE2 on 0, no disc, 50 tones, park 1, recovery 2.

first target that sounded really solid all directions except low tone coming from left to right but only in a small portion of the arc.....silver nickel laying on a nail...silver is rusted on one side. nice start

dug some lincolns and wheats...once i had one, practiced swing speeds, pinpointing off the edges, etc to try to get a feel.... seems like slow sweeps are way better at letting the tones ring out cleanly on the coins....so slowed swings way down...would never swing that slow with F75...like ever. so now was focused on any of the high tones sounding good instead of blips, regardless of how much low tones were around them. dug 2 dozen coins, and 3 were vertical dimes...still sounded good. Last good tone was nice, but soft, and plenty of iron coming through, so dug it. flipped the plug. found one, then second nail in it. scanned the hole, still in there...out comes silver washington. gonna like this detector.

An hour on this thing isnt even enough time to figure out what questions to ask yet.

One thing I liked....the ground was wet from recent rains...but the last 4 feet before the lake edge were just sloppy sopping wet. dig the plug, and water is coming in...the detector handled the extreme wetness without any issue and still accurate ID..i knew if it was a cent or a dime before digging.

Thanks Paul, for some good conversations on detector choice, etc. I appreciate your time.