Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro owners or Anyone here talk with Tesoro lately??

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tesoro owners or Anyone here talk with Tesoro lately??
December 29, 2018 10:35PM
Saw this posted. Don’t know if holidays are cause of being closed it seems or not.

Bottom part of thread here.
[www.findmall.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2018 10:38PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Tesoro owners or Anyone here talk with Tesoro lately??
December 29, 2018 11:31PM
Another thread related.

[www.findmall.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2018 11:32PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 30, 2018 12:01AM
That is to say - nobody who knows anything is saying and anybody who is speculating knows nothing.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 30, 2018 06:12AM
when they are ready,the voice of tesoro WILL speak,of this you can be sure. a new year, a "fresh" start! let us hope.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2018 06:12AM by jmaryt.
December 30, 2018 10:00AM
Isn''t hope wonderful? It keeps one from facing reality. HH jim tn
December 30, 2018 01:01PM
jim tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn''t hope wonderful? It keeps one from facing re
> ality. HH jim tn

Jim,GREAT----may I use this? LOL
December 30, 2018 01:58PM
jmaryt Wrote:
> when they are ready,the voice of tesoro WILL speak
> ,of this you can be sure. a new year, a "fresh" st
> art! let us hope.
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

I'd say they spoke pretty loud and clear the day they fired everyone and closed the shop.
December 30, 2018 02:17PM
Well,
They have a website.
I don’t see anything reflecting their true status or changes, etc.
I have looked around at some dealers of Tesoro Detectors.
Seems stock is limited overall.
If one is wanting a new Tesoro for use or souvenir maybe, better not waste much more time in getting.

Lifetime warranty. Or limited life time warranty.
These terms imo should be banned really.
We know exactly what happens when a company vaporizes with these.

I did look at BBB ranking for Tesoro, don’t look good. But I don’t Know how much stock to place on rating.

Maybe another company will take over for repairs, parts , etc. Who knows.

Common sense tells me a company surely cannot stop producing units and then keep repairing already sold units. Somethings gotta give.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2018 02:29PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 30, 2018 03:30PM
Talked to a couple distributors and they say there done........theres always hope of a buy out from another company to continue there line.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2018 03:41PM by Rob in (ca).
December 30, 2018 04:14PM
My distributor has Tesoro in stock, how many do you want.....
December 30, 2018 04:32PM
Alas Tesoro are a 'has been' company,they never owned anything that other folks would want too buy,it was all old technology and that is originally why the company went out of business in the 1st place.A link up with say some Bulgarian companies that could provide some detector assembly facility in the states had been a possible route that could have taken,but i would have thought it was cheaper to build them in Bulgaria or what ever other country and then ship them in as and when they get sales.Deeptech do that currently with some great success.

But the difference with Tesoro and other brands is that folks dont want lifetime warranties or bullit proof metal detector,the consumer wants gadgets,whistles and bells till the next new machine come out and that is what the down fall was with Tesoro,they produced machines that the vast majority of consumers 'did not' want.
December 31, 2018 01:10AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Well,
> They have a website.
> I don’t see anything reflecting their true status
> or changes, etc.

Thats the thing about websites. When a company goes under, unless someone specifically goes back into the web server and updates or deletes it all together, it just keeps on existing like a ghost. A shadow of a former being that no longer has a body behind it
December 31, 2018 03:06AM
Reminds me of Face Book pages for friends that are deceased. There forever. You can un friend but is that bad karma? lol
December 31, 2018 03:31AM
jim tn Wrote:
> Isn''t hope wonderful? It keeps one from facing re
> ality. HH jim tn

you are right jim! i am in "denial" (not a river in egypt) but so are many others! love to see 'em "get back in the race!" who knows
with an infusion of capital,anything is possible! "hope springs
eternal!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 31, 2018 03:39AM
silverfiend Wrote:
> jmaryt Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > when they are ready,the voice of tesoro WILL spe
> ak
> > ,of this you can be sure. a new year, a "fresh"
> st
> > art! let us hope.
> >
> > (h.h.!)
> > j.t.
>
>
> I'd say they spoke pretty loud and clear the day t
> hey fired everyone and closed the shop.

yeah! pretty "strong statement"..scuttlebutt says they are still repairing detectors,so apparently the "doors are still open!"
maybe they are getting some financing lined up for 2019,
or maybe sh*t crawls up hill! don't know! still believe they will have "info" forthcoming..wait and see!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 31, 2018 12:16PM
I drive by their facility a couple of times a week. No cars in the lot. The place is empty. They are done.

Dean
December 31, 2018 01:46PM
I wont mind scavenging the TESORO Helmet Consquistador Logo to put in my living room

RR
December 31, 2018 02:55PM
I'm just thankful for all years that Tesoro was in business and for all the great detectors that they gave us. Companies close their doors for various reasons and it's their business to do so. When I closed shop, my company was doing better than it ever did, but I just didn't want to work anymore and wanted to go out on top, so I went ahead and retired. Maybe the son who took over Tesoro just didn't like the metal detecting business, or running any business for that matter, and knew from the very beginning that he was going close shop. I wouldn't have invested any money in new designs if I were him and knew that I was going to eventually close the doors.

tabman
December 31, 2018 03:04PM
I have been perusing the Internet.
Is their a way to gauge how popular or how well a detector line or model is selling?
Maybe.

I think doing google searches with detector models looking for videos gives a good idea of what is going on overall.
And I look for many different models and brands.

Try and find videos with Tesoros. And see if you notice anything.
Some folks of course will hop on the train, saying maybe Tesoro buyers are not financially set to buy camera to video.
Maybe some are.

But I see what I see when googling.
And Tesoro is closing or closed. One would have to think it is lack of sales,
If they were closing formother reasons why not post publically about.
And there may be lawsuits coming for repairs of their units sold.
I mean don’t it take a formal bankruptcy to climb away from life time warranty??

Surely we have a good attorney here as member to explain.
I am just a HS flunky. Lol
December 31, 2018 09:04PM
I bet White's will be next, nobody supports American made anymore. It is a shrinking hobby anyway, the young people today ain't into the outdoors.....just their electronic devices. Sad situation really.
December 31, 2018 09:06PM
i'm not an attorney,but it would seem to me that if they 'officially" go out of business,then that would be it! how can you honor the warranty if no one is left to perform the work,because they got fired,and the business is closed! from a moral perspective,the situation has been rendered academic.i would be surprised if any one has recourse.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 31, 2018 09:48PM
Lifetime warranty? That also means the lifetime of the company. Just like lifetime memberships. All smoke and mirrors.
December 31, 2018 10:09PM
A lifetime warranty is usually a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship that has no time limit to make a claim, rather than a warranty that the product will perform for the lifetime of the buyer.

A limited lifetime warranty means that a manufacturer is contractually obligated to replace parts of a product that break or are defective over the life of the product. However, the manufacturer is not legally obligated to replace parts that are not mentioned in the warranty or are broken or misused by the consumer.

[www.denverpost.com]

Tesoro
Our lifetime warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original purchaser. The warranty excludes batteries, damage caused by leaky batteries, cable breakage due to flexing, wear of the searchcoil housing, and leakage caused by the condition of water seals on underwater detectors. Also excluded are instruments which have been abused, altered, or repaired by an unauthorized party.

Tesoro can still repair or replace many items that are not covered by the warranty. There may be charges for such repairs.

"All your points are excellent. You were given a lifetime warranty. You should be able to execute under that warranty. The company that gave you a lifetime warranty went out of business. You can contact the successor company. If there is no successor company, then you are in a difficult position. "

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 31, 2018 10:24PM
Ole' TNSS is worried about Tesoro?
December 31, 2018 10:26PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Ole' TNSS is worried about Tesoro?

I wish them well just like the rest.

Ole Harold !!!

Hope someone buys them out at least, maybe not though. It was always hard for me to understand why the Mohave?? Why did they build really? And how could it be sold as cheap as it was and company make loot.
I think it goes something like this.

Rmemeber just say 25-30 years ago.
Not all had air conditioning,
Now air conditioning had by super high percentage.

Same with metered Detectors. Who is using a meterless detector hunting where modern trash exists?.
I’d say very very few.
Hence metered Detectors are favored not the out of date looking Tesoros. Younger generation detectorist have cell phone, iPads, etc. why would they have a tin box with no meter to detect ?? Not fashionable at all. Is the truth though. Have to admit.

All the decades long detectorist could buy a Tesoro today. Would this save Tesoro ?? Nope

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 10:35PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 31, 2018 10:27PM
That warranty is the nail in the coffin to Tesoro. Anybody acquiring the company would also acquire all the warranty obligations. Next stop, cease operations if the bills can be paid - if not - bankruptcy. Customers’ property in Tesoro’s custody should be returned in bankruptcy - should. The warranties are toast.

It depends a lot on what Tesoro’s obligations are - rent, taxes, supplier payables, pending judgements if any - the list goes on. On that list, lifetime warranties are beyond last.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 10:46PM by lytle78.
December 31, 2018 10:47PM
Yep you can put Tesoro model in hall of fame right beside, Polaroid camera, 35mm camera, and the good ole trusty typewriter and even the word processor.

If patents are assigned s company that goes Tango Uniform, what happens to them??
Not saying Tesoro has any.
I don’t Know one way or the other.

And such a patent(s) if assigned, could it be sold to pay off whose owed??

Doing my best here to get a corporate law degree.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 10:53PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 31, 2018 10:52PM
About the Mojave. The new reality of metal detecing in the US is relic hunting - coin shooting - except for the rare silver coins lurking out there - is dumb. Spend 5 hours to find 10 zincs, 3 nickels, 5 dimes and two quarters - $2.25 if my math is right.

Meters are fine, but frankly they arose mostly because of US users wanting to play games guessing what was under the coil before digging.

When Relic hunting, meters are pretty useless. Even iron can be interesting depending on where you are and what you are hunting.

Just my thoughts of course, but meters have never been a big deal in Europe. With a few thousand years of metalworking, numbers on a meter are pretty irrelevant.

Rick Kempf
December 31, 2018 10:54PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> About the Mojave. The new reality of metal deteci
> ng in the US is relic hunting - coin shooting - ex
> cept for the rare silver coins lurking out there -
> is dumb. Spend 5 hours to find 10 zincs, 3 nickel
> s, 5 dimes and two quarters - $2.25 if my math is
> right.
>
> Meters are fine, but frankly they arose mostly bec
> ause of US users wanting to play games guessing wh
> at was under the coil before digging.
>
> When Relic hunting, meters are pretty useless. Ev
> en iron can be interesting depending on where you
> are and what you are hunting.
>
> Just my thoughts of course, but meters have never
> been a big deal in Europe. With a few thousand ye
> ars of metalworking, numbers on a meter are pretty
> irrelevant.

Okay Garrett should make AT Mini with no screen, It’ll sell like hotcakes. Lol

And Apple should make I phone 48 with no screen-It’ll sell like hotcakes.. lol

Green acres Show comes to mind here. Them there hotcakes were groovy right.
Nonmetered Detectors imo are now in class of NICHE!! Even more than ever. And still moving towards every day.

Question, discounting Tesoro which USA manufacturer currently makes a meterless General purpose VLF detector??

You know one thing that is lost here on the whys behind Tesoro condition..
A little term called wireless headphones. This is attractive feature to have to make detecfor sell better.

And read above what I said about air conditioners. Same applys to wireless headphones.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 11:05PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 31, 2018 11:10PM
I thought You and Ole' Cal only cared about them foreign companies not the ones in the good Ole' USA? You know the best Country in the World where they speak English? They won't get a dime of My money. That's right I am Grumpy and drive a Chevy. Nuff said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 11:13PM by Harold,ILL..