Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

It used to be that..

Posted by Shakydigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
It used to be that..
February 26, 2020 03:38AM
It used to be that a few years ago palladium was the cheaper alternative precious metal for jewelry. If you’ve ever found some palladium jewelry and still have it around, it might be time to sell it. Currently palladium is close to $2600.00 an ounce. If you think that’s high, you should check out the price of another metal called rhodium.
Re: It used to be that..
February 26, 2020 10:04AM
I read at one time palladium was used in catalytic converters. But hey what do I know? I sold my palladium ring that I found last year. All profit for me. I was mad at time I found it because it was PD instead of PT. But when I sold it PT was not worth as much. Things change. Now if only tungsten and stainless would take off.
Re: It used to be that..
February 26, 2020 08:47PM
It still is. As a matter of fact, US diesel regulation changes and the subsequent high combustion engine designs drastically increasing the need for diesel particulate filters is one of the primary reasons that palladium has skyrocketed. It's much more efficient than platinum and rhodium.

goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read at one time palladium was used in catalytic
> converters. But hey what do I know? I sold my pall
> adium ring that I found last year. All profit for
> me. I was mad at time I found it because it was PD
> instead of PT. But when I sold it PT was not worth
> as much. Things change. Now if only tungsten and s
> tainless would take off.