Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

EQX users on salt beaches...

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
EQX users on salt beaches...
December 31, 2018 02:46PM
Using beach 2, stock coil, how deep are you digging gold rings and nickels?? Wet salt sand... And if you have tested on buried, how deep?? Using actual huntable settings.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 02:47PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: EQX users on salt beaches...
December 31, 2018 04:10PM
Nox 600 On a black sand striped beach in San Diego - Beach 2 on the wet sand - 7-8” max on a buried nickel with VDI of 3.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 31, 2018 07:19PM
Thanks Rick.
I haven’t seen many folks here talk about, unless I missed.
And the Tarsacci releasing and all.
I was wondering.
December 31, 2018 11:23PM
All I used for the last 9 months was use the 800 on the beach. I used beach 2 in the surf for awhile but found beach 1 as stable and suppose to be deeper but never saw that. Never felt it was that deep on the beach in wet sand. I sold it to buy the Tarsacci and so far I'm impressed with the depth. EQ nose heavy as well.
January 01, 2019 09:03PM
I get somewhere around 10” or 11” on a nickel...but like Rick said it comes in around 3. After that I still hear it but mostly iron. Gold rings very way to much. Nox is working fine over most machines on small gold and some chains. Remember you are working with an 11” coin on low conductors.
January 03, 2019 05:52PM
ShovelNose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All I used for the last 9 months was use the 800 o
> n the beach. I used beach 2 in the surf for awhile
> but found beach 1 as stable and suppose to be deep
> er but never saw that. Never felt it was that deep
> on the beach in wet sand. I sold it to buy the Tar
> sacci and so far I'm impressed with the depth. EQ
> nose heavy as well.

ShovelNose, unless I missed it, have you done any beach test using gold rings and silver items.

Thanks,

El
January 04, 2019 10:54AM
El.....i live here in Fl ....i cant run beach 1 in the salt water effectively as beach 2. To answer your question may depend on your beach.... one or both of these machines may react differently.
January 05, 2019 01:21AM
I haven't buried anything but will be working on that soon. I prefer just going for the reality digs. Have had 3 different friends with ML's hunt with me and stay close to check signals. No crosstalk with any of the multi freq. MDs. That's a plus. I'm enjoying learning this MD and I have tried a bunch in 9 years I've enjoyed this hobby.
January 05, 2019 02:29PM
John...…. I'm really impressed with your learning-curve...… and the performance level that you have achieved.... in such short-order.
January 06, 2019 05:52PM
6 - 8 inches we have black sand in southern California
January 06, 2019 07:59PM
Rob is correct + my Nox 600 got 7-8” on a buried nickel at Coronado in San Diego - ID was 3.

Rick Kempf
January 07, 2019 11:17AM
Im really not looking for nickels.... thou like most non-ferr, especially low conductors, targets im using them to get a read on whats going on... depth, location, and concentration. I showed on another forum where i checked (air tested) well over 100 gold rings out of those there were like 9 that read as a clean pull tab........ 8 that rang as a bottle cap...... and only 3 as a nickel on the Nox. I do have to say the Nox seems a lot more accurate than most machines ..... 13..... its a nickel.
January 07, 2019 01:03PM
Both 10k rings I found with EQ rang on nickel and do so in air test.
January 07, 2019 01:15PM
The point of my test in San Diego was to document the effects of black sand on the Nox. - there were two. Great loss of depth and lowering of the VDI.

The nickel gets way more depth in mild ground and the VDI - as was just pointed out is 13. Since nickels are medium/low conductors, similar results can be expected with most gold jewelry.

In these respects, the Nox is not very different than any other VLF multifreaker - the FBS/BBS machines show the same sort of depth loss and the Whites BHID (same circuit as the DFX) was widely criticized for poor performance on west coast black sand beaches.

For a demonstration of this check out the effects of black sand on the Sovereign and the CTX - starting at 3:00 minutes into this video. Yes, I know it’s another example of my enthusiasm for the new PI which is coming (when?) - but feel free to ignore everything except the part from 3:00 and 6:47 minutes,

[m.youtube.com]

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2019 02:25PM by lytle78.
January 07, 2019 01:31PM
And whilst on this Nickel subject; be careful. Older generation Nickels ID as '12' (((under ideal conditions)))…….on the EQX...….. due to longer dirt exposure.
January 07, 2019 10:03PM
We had some movement a week or so back with some pretty large waves. Ive been hunting a rather large raised beach.... we got more coins than i can remember seeing before being thrown high on the beach....... several guys hunting but i polices up nearly $20 in change....... of that $2 were nickels. Just all up and down the beach at various depths. Now that makes you thing...... gold ring gold ring everything you hit one.