Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bling Detector.

Posted by pinpointa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Bling Detector.
February 21, 2020 06:05AM
Hi Guys,
It would be just great if some beeping manufacturers would create a gold jewellery detector only. Just like having a fly fishing rod. Knock everything out except bling.
Re: Bling Detector.
February 21, 2020 11:58AM
If they ever invent a detector that could do that, they would sell millions of units.

Another great invention would be a bottle detector. Imagine all the antique bottles that are out there waiting to be found. Someday the technology will be possible, but even then, detectorists will be asking for a machine that will only detect the old bottles and discriminate out the modern ones.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2020 12:36PM by Badger in NH.
February 21, 2020 07:35PM
So this machine would miss out gold coins ? And be no good for nugget-hunting ?
February 21, 2020 08:43PM
I imagine there would be three different modes. Bling, Coins, and Nuggets.
February 27, 2020 09:55PM
Sorry - bling includes pop tops, aluminum campfire ingots, juice packs, birdshot, fishingweights.

The Impulse AQ may turn out to be as close to a “bling detector” we will get, but it isn’t here yet and it will take hundreds of hours with experienced “bling pirates” to see if it is and advancement on what we have already.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 27, 2020 10:15PM
I think if a detector was made for just gold rings, after about a year no one would find any. Everybody would find them, just look how hard they are to find now. How many would be there if you could just walk and pick them up. I think someone should make a pulltab detector and not tell any one till they find all of them. I like the hunt for gold, when I hunt with some of my friends, we joke about who will find the most pull tabs.
February 27, 2020 11:20PM
Flintsone - you are a genius - make a pull tab detector - better than anything ever sold at it - sell it for $150 and make it “accidentally” capable of finding other stuff, but don’t tell the fools who buy it - let them clean the beaches for us!!!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 27, 2020 11:38PM
IF the bling is with in our detector range we don’t do to bad at finding it now..... or maybe I should say the 10% that seems to get 90% of it on the beach. No matter the machine you have to get your coil over it, know it a target and it has to be with in the depth of the detector being used. I am for one that talks to me like Alexa and tells me what K it is lol.
March 01, 2020 03:17AM
Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If they ever invent a detector that could do that,
> they would sell millions of units.
>
> Another great invention would be a bottle detector
> . Imagine all the antique bottles that are out the
> re waiting to be found. Someday the technology wil
> l be possible, but even then, detectorists will be
> asking for a machine that will only detect the old
> bottles and discriminate out the modern ones.

I definitely want a bottle detector. The reason I bought my first detector back in the 70’s was to look for old bottle dumps. If some of you are unfamiliar with the prices that good bottles bring just look at some of the bottle auction prices. American Glass Gallery, Heckler Auction, or Glass Works Auction’s to name a few. Many $$$$ 3, 4 and 5 figure bottles can be just inches in the dirt. Some have even sold for more than $100,000 each. Now that’s treasure!
March 01, 2020 05:12AM
With the technology we have today a gold only detector can be made.
March 01, 2020 04:17PM
Rick, N. MI Wrote:
> With the technology we have today a gold only dete
> ctor can be made.

The question is...HOW. How can the actual density of the target be measured, as this might be a good way of differentiating gold from other items that commonly masquerade as gold? Or can it be looked at from the other end...can we identify aluminum properly and reliably so as to know what NOT to dig? Of the rings I have found, the characteristics of the signal itself were different enough for me to remember perhaps half of them, and even where they were found. The signals were very short, tight, abrupt....and with the Explorer or CTX I have the benefit of having parameters in two dimensions which I can monitor. For example, a reading of 09-09 I would dig, a reading of 21-09 I would not, as it is showing that the Ferrous component is quite high. On other machines with single frequency and single digit displays, that info isn’t in front of the operator, and the garbage piles up. “Shotgunning” all low conductors in a modern park or even an athletic field isn’t something most people want to do, nor do I need an expensive machine to do it. The point here is that by narrowing the likely parameters in which many average rings will fall, the ODDS theoretically go up, but the most information possible has to be conveyed via audio and VDI. We would all like to dig more intelligently and not rely on sheer luck to find rings as many who will now respond to this post do.
March 01, 2020 10:48PM
Well Guys,

Some really good ways at looking at the situation. I like Flintstones idea at least you will get some gold rings along the way and still leave a reserve of gold there to be found. Using my Whites v3i here in Oz i have the capabilities of using a program that will get rid of a hell of a lot of pulltabs. For example a vdi of 18 21 22 28 30 35 36 38 39 41 are all pulltabs out that group 18 28 35 39 41 are gold rings. The way i approach the situation using all metal as my first starting point after i have set out the grassed area with string lines and using a 6x6 concentric coil i do a quick run down the first lined area observing what sort of vdi are in the ground.

I then have an idea of what range of targets i will be confronted with, By switching to my second program using 3 frequencies with a resolution of 1 and everything accepted from - 40 through to + 20 where all the goodies in gold are using . Correlate is a must use as it can tighten up the vdi so you can eliminate a lot of unwanted targets. And switching backward and forward into polar plot and 3 frequencies with a graph over the screen for polar plot you can see some great variations Small gold has a larger mass small aluminium trash has less. 22.5 KHZ will be the same signal on both where as the 2.5khz will show you a complete different outlook.

When i complete the first sweep and dig in that program i then move to my second program which is covered from 21 through to +50 which includes the larger gold rings and more pulltabs Another thing is using normal instead of salt setting in in ground balance salt setting tends to knock out the lower vdi It all comes down to be able to tell a very small target from a target thats not small as this is where the 22.5 khz good target 7,5 khz. some discrimination & 2.5khz says yes its mass.

You all might say well thats a lot of work going back over the same gridded area but if you need to get the best of what you do then its the results that counts. When finished for the day a small spray of white paint so i know where to hit the area when i return.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2020 10:54PM by pinpointa.
March 02, 2020 01:20PM
“It’s the RESULTS that count”....exactly.
March 02, 2020 01:36PM
Something I have noticed in my area...the people that frequently use the modern sports fields, parks, beaches, etc are using plastic drinking bottles (water, sports drinks, etc) instead of cans. Meaning...they aren't resupplying the areas with pulltabs. That may be a great shift for the future. Once you work an area and get the trash out of the way, then you may be all set for the future jewelry deposits.

I've already noticed it on the freshwater beaches I frequently hunt. Once I got the initial trash and pulltabs out of the way some 2 or 3 years ago, I bet I've not found but one tab out of about 5 beaches. Same with some of the sports fields I occasionally visit.
March 02, 2020 04:23PM
Still think the best detector of all time would be one that assigns a low tone to aluminum just like it does iron and high tones on everything else.
March 02, 2020 04:41PM
Point well taken Bill.----Bill long Wrote:
> Still think the best detector of all time would be
> one that assigns a low tone to aluminum just like
> it does iron and high tones on everything else.