Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP ORX is Out

Posted by virginia digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP ORX is Out
January 05, 2019 10:11PM
With another new machine hitting the market, does this again signal the end of American detector manufacturers ? Is their ability to design something new and compete over? So sad............The ORX looks like another great XP product. I notice it is $899.00, which seems to be the new standard price of quality machines. This price based on the Equinox and Anfibio pricing. What do you all think?????
Re: XP ORX is Out
January 05, 2019 10:42PM
I think every detector manufacturer is only one release away from being competitive with all the current hot and fancy units. It is all about what have you done for me lately.
January 06, 2019 12:49AM
True ".....one release away....." Thing is, Nokta has what 3 or 4 models out in very fast time.....already talking about few more in the near future.
January 06, 2019 01:31AM
ORX looks to be a down scaled Deus.

Xp did this to try and capture more of market.

Just like White’s did making Vx3 after V3i.

Minelab were very cunning, they released EQX 600 and 800 together.

Looks like Nokta Makro are trying similar with release of Simplex. Looks to be some differences with submodels with it. Priced a bit differently.

Capturing market share is the NAME of the GAME.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2019 01:33AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 06, 2019 10:10AM
Incoming!
January 06, 2019 12:13PM
texkinzee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Incoming!

You didn't?!?! smiling smiley
January 06, 2019 12:54PM
goodmore Wrote:
> I think every detector manufacturer is only one re
> lease away from being competitive with all the cur
> rent hot and fancy units. It is all about what ha
> ve you done for me lately.

That’s why it’s so fun to watch these head-to-head, mine is deeper than yours videos all the while thinking to yourself “given a few months and this will all change”. Isn’t technology wonderful?
January 06, 2019 01:39PM
Them coming out with so many new models so fast is killing the resale value of recently bought new detectors. What was hot yesterday isn't so hot today. Amazingly, an ancient CZ5 just found me a Barber in a super pounded to death park. I sure wish that Fisher would revamp the CZ line to make it easier to swing without having to hip mount the control box. Also, add a trigger pinpoint switch.

tabman
January 06, 2019 02:11PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> texkinzee Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Incoming!
>
>
> You didn't?!?! smiling smiley

thumbs down
January 06, 2019 02:25PM
tabman Wrote:
> Them coming out with so many new models so fast is
> killing the resale value of recently bought new de
> tectors. What was hot yesterday isn't so hot today
> . Amazingly, an ancient CZ5 just found me a Barber
> in a super pounded to death park. I sure wish that
> Fisher would revamp the CZ line to make it easier
> to swing without having to hip mount the control b
True but that Garrett AT Pro seems to be not affected. It has been in high demand here in Virginia by relic hunters. But then again not really new.
January 06, 2019 02:32PM
I'm always excited to see what new machines are introduced. I always wanted to buy American detectors but they simply can't compete anymore. During my first 30 years of detecting as a relic hunter in Virginia, I primarily used a Nautilus machine. For coin hunting I have owned many Whites, Original Fisher Labs, Garrett and yes, Tesoro. They were all great units in their day but now it is very apparent that these companies seem to have lost their desire to either design new units or run their companies in a competitive manner. I read that Whites has gone through 3 CEO's in as many years. How this MD world has changed ........
January 06, 2019 03:26PM
Running a successful business isn't about how many you sell or who has the best, it's measured by the bottom line along with customer satisfaction.

tabman
January 06, 2019 03:52PM
But customer satisfaction only lasts until your competitor comes out with a better and cheaper product. Capitalism at its finest. I believe XP saw the writing on the wall with the Deus. This new detector is a direct challenge to the Anfibio and Equinox prices. It still can't be used in water or even wet sand at salt water beaches so I will pass. Dirt hunters will consider it.
January 06, 2019 04:38PM
I sure am glad some quit the practice of spending 4 years redesigning the sticker and calling it a new release.... .Most companies were getting fat on their brand name alone!
I remember working as a mechanic when Toyota was sending us the so called 40,000 mile throw away cars. But a few years later they were coming in the shop with 150 - 200,000+ miles on them! This in the day when most US cars were total junk if they made it to 100,000 miles! I mean a total engine rebuild was common at 80,000 miles. If it wasn't for Toyota we would still have crap cars. Some ARE still crap after all these years sadly..... Maybe the US companies can build on these foreign machines and design a super machine right here in the USA? I really have my doubts though because when you get years behind in technology it's not easy to catch up.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 07, 2019 03:46AM
Automobile History......Back in the 1970s the USA big-three tried to match foreign gas sippers and ended up with models like the Pinto and Vega. After realizing they created Lemons....Dodge teamed up with Mitsubishi (Colt car), GM with Isuzu (Luv truck), and Ford with Mazda (Courier truck).....USA name-plate with foreign motor. The only reason I know this is because I watched it on the History Channel....LOL
January 07, 2019 07:33PM
You can bells and whistles only so much before the market realizes that a certain company has nothing game changing to offer. I mean I think we will see a new machine from Fisher The f75 double deluxe plus with rhinestone handle and the White's super box big box. A machine that has three shoe box sized control boxes. The Tesoro Ghost is another new offering. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
January 08, 2019 12:30PM
in the UK their market is saturated so theyre looking for some sales on a cheaper machine with less features.. was a gold hunting machine ,now a coin hunter
January 08, 2019 04:33PM
The UK magazine, 'The Searcher' has a Field Test on the ORX in their February 2019 edition!

If you want to spring $5.00 for an Online copy take a look at:

www.thesearcher.co.uk

Didn't get my actual hardcopy yet (distribution delay after the busy Christmas period to blame...any day now?)
January 08, 2019 05:46PM
tabman Wrote:
> Them coming out with so many new models so fast is
> killing the resale value of recently bought new de
> tectors. What was hot yesterday isn't so hot today
> . Amazingly, an ancient CZ5 just found me a Barber
> in a super pounded to death park. I sure wish that
> Fisher would revamp the CZ line to make it easier
> to swing without having to hip mount the control b
> ox. Also, add a trigger pinpoint switch.
>
> tabman

A CZ beach detector would be nice too. One that is specifically designed to hunt the wet sand. My twenty year old CZ20 is still making great finds but what a hassle it is to use. The CZ20/21 was not designed to be used out of the water. Same goes for the Excalibur.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 05:47PM by Badger in NH.
January 11, 2019 03:17PM
Hopefully it's got better target ID than the Deus.
January 12, 2019 02:06PM
The ORX has landed. Just in time for snow and ice. Go figure.smileys with beer
January 12, 2019 05:00PM
khouse Wrote:
> I sure am glad some quit the practice of spending
> 4 years redesigning the sticker and calling it a n
> ew release.... .Most companies were getting fat o
> n their brand name alone!
> I remember working as a mechanic when Toyota was s
> ending us the so called 40,000 mile throw away car
> s. But a few years later they were coming in the
> shop with 150 - 200,000+ miles on them! This in
> the day when most US cars were total junk if they
> made it to 100,000 miles! I mean a total engine r
> ebuild was common at 80,000 miles. If it wasn't fo
> r Toyota we would still have crap cars. Some ARE
> still crap after all these years sadly..... Maybe
> the US companies can build on these foreign machin
> es and design a super machine right here in the US
> A? I really have my doubts though because when yo
> u get years behind in technology it's not easy to
> catch up.

heard a story long time ago about toyota.maybe fact ,not sure!..
anyway the story goes that toyota made a small car the starlet"
in 1972,and sent a 'boatload" to the u.s. word has it that the cars were absolute "junk" in that they rusted right out and had all kinds of mechanical problems to those who were "brave" enough to buy one...then the story goes, toyota took them all back,,credited the people who purchased one,and then RE-ENGINEERED the car and sent it back as a "tercel" model..well the rest,as they say is history.those cars lasted,and lasted for "huge" miles,after this they introduced the "corolla" nothing more NEEDS to be said!..corolla,and camry,civic ,and accord from honda..best damn "value" on the road.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 12, 2019 05:04PM
Arkansas Wrote:
> Automobile History......Back in the 1970s the USA
> big-three tried to match foreign gas sippers and e
> nded up with models like the Pinto and Vega. After
> realizing they created Lemons....Dodge teamed up w
> ith Mitsubishi (Colt car), GM with Isuzu (Luv truc
> k), and Ford with Mazda (Courier truck).....USA na
> me-plate with foreign motor. The only reason I kno
> w this is because I watched it on the History Chan
> nel....LOL

this is correct,and they was still all junk,because they was engineered here,and built over there...never could quite get the fact that we were never able to 'compete" with the japanese on small cars..i guess we thought that "planned obsolescence"
was still more profitable,

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 18, 2019 02:21AM
virginia digger Wrote:
> I'm always excited to see what new machines are in
> troduced. I always wanted to buy American detector
> s but they simply can't compete anymore. During my
> first 30 years of detecting as a relic hunter in V
> irginia, I primarily used a Nautilus machine. For
> coin hunting I have owned many Whites, Original Fi
> sher Labs, Garrett and yes, Tesoro. They were all
> great units in their day but now it is very appare
> nt that these companies seem to have lost their de
> sire to either design new units or run their compa
> nies in a competitive manner. I read that Whites h
> as gone through 3 CEO's in as many years. How this
> MD world has changed ........

is this true? "good breath of the life!" where have you gone kenny white? our nation turns it's lonely eyes to you!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 19, 2019 12:30PM
This marketing strategy has been done before by Whites and others. Take an expensive detector with countless adjustments that most users find frustrating to use and simplify it in a cheaper model. XP sure has a good marketing team. They have milked the Deus for every drop. Numerous coil configurations. Numerous headphone configurations. Now this. A different way to repackage the same old same old for sure. A remarkable detector that refuses to be irrelevant.
January 19, 2019 03:04PM
goodmore Wrote:
> This marketing strategy has been done before by Wh
> ites and others. Take an expensive detector with c
> ountless adjustments that most users find frustrat
> ing to use and simplify it in a cheaper model. XP
> sure has a good marketing team. They have milked t
> he Deus for every drop. Numerous coil configuratio
> ns. Numerous headphone configurations. Now this. A
> different way to repackage the same old same old f
> or sure. A remarkable detector that refuses to be
> irrelevant.

exactly and i think they are cleaning the shelve of deus part , for a truely new detector. Like you said, i think the time of overpriced metal detector is over !