Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The CZ-3D I sold back in 2011

Posted by Chris Woods 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The CZ-3D I sold back in 2011
January 07, 2019 02:00AM
I realize that this is the mother of all long shots but here goes. Back in 2011 I had Tom tune a 3D and then ended up selling it with the 12", 8" and 5" coils a few months later. It's one of many units I've sold that I still regret selling.

Paul, he goes by Hungarian on the forum, bought it and immediately separated the bundle and flipped it. I don't know who bought it from him but I would love to have it back.

The serial # is 10210839. If any of you guys bought it or know who did please drop me a line and let me know. Who knows, maybe the detecting gods will smile on me and help me track it down and buy it back.

Thanks,

Chris
Re: The CZ-3D I sold back in 2011
January 07, 2019 03:43PM
I wish I would have wrote down the serial number of My first run 1021.
Also the first run Nautilus IIBa I had with the OG thicker coil as they were both depth demons and rock solid.
I bet both are still going strong today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2019 03:45PM by Harold,ILL..
January 07, 2019 11:52PM
Harold...…. do you still have your CZ-3D 11210091 that calibrated out at 12.2"?
January 08, 2019 01:12AM
Chris Woods Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I realize that this is the mother of all long shot
> s but here goes. Back in 2011 I had Tom tune a 3D
> and then ended up selling it with the 12", 8" and
> 5" coils a few months later. It's one of many unit
> s I've sold that I still regret selling.
>
> Paul, he goes by Hungarian on the forum, bought it
> and immediately separated the bundle and flipped i
> t. I don't know who bought it from him but I would
> love to have it back.
>
> The serial # is 10210839. If any of you guys bough
> t it or know who did please drop me a line and let
> me know. Who knows, maybe the detecting gods will
> smile on me and help me track it down and buy it b
> ack.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Is this the thread regarding unit in question?
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
I think this is unit posted for sale on FM forum.
[www.findmall.com]

Poster here named turtle man may have bought unit. He asked about unit.
[www.findmall.com]
Then later is seen here it seems buying 10.5” coil for CZ.
[www.findmall.com]
His post acknowledging buying coil here.
[www.findmall.com]

Intel gathered suggest poster turtleman on FM just might have unit in question. Turleman last activity on FM forum 2-26-2013. Good luck.
Tutleman’s Last post on FM forum was posted 1-26-2013.

Another angle here.
Here’s Hungarian wanting to trade their cz3d for white’s unit,
And then comments they are moving their cz3d to flee bay to sell, Note date of this post.
[www.findmall.com]

Poster Hungarian on FM forum is seen later talking about white’s MXT unit.
To conclude here. My investigation suggests this unit being searched for was likely sold on eBay.

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 02:29AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 08, 2019 04:54AM
David...…. THAT'S some serious research/homework!
January 08, 2019 05:00AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Harold...…. do you still have your CZ-3D 11210091
> that calibrated out at 12.2"?

That would be mine.
January 08, 2019 05:03AM
Thanks DD! How interesting/fascinating; "How" CZ's can 'circulate' !!!
January 08, 2019 11:08AM
TNSS, did you retire from some sort of investigative work?.... That was impressive.
January 08, 2019 01:05PM
Well,
I don’t usually get compliments on this forum.
Thanks and you are welcome.
Ozzie, I am just a retired AF dude. Nothing special about me. Just try to help folks here.
My detecting on hold somewhat due to family crisis involving family pet.

I only used google and a few other tricks to track down unit. I got lucky maybe. Did assume just maybe FM forum was where unit was sold off. And google search paid off.

Maybe the moral of the story here is, we leave electronic footprints around that can be by using some logic and assumptions actually reveal quite a lot.

The unit in question seems had a problem. From research the unit may have sold initially by Hungarian and the transaction reversed and Hungarian seems corrected problem himself or sent to service facility for repair. Then reposted and got no bites and then took unit to eBay and sold, Hungarian on FM forum seems makes no further reference when posting regarding CZ3d unit period. It is obvious poster Hungarian was what I call a detector trader. Buy one use a little while and either sell or trade and get another. Don’t know if actual, detector in question here could be tracked farther by searching completed listing in eBay. I don’t do eBay. But the gent wanting unit back, I would be contacting Hungarian if possible and they might be able to put a person on better trail to maybe acquire unit back. Big Chance actual purchaser of unit off of ebay not a metal detecting forum poster/user.
Could unit surface for sale on detecting forum or eBay? Certainly.

Cheers.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 02:04PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 08, 2019 03:04PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Harold...…. do you still have your CZ-3D 11210091
> that calibrated out at 12.2"?

No but I have the FT one that You calibrated out to 12.1".
Believe it or not I kept this one and sold the 1121 as this one was better in iron as did not false as much and a little smoother for some reason?
January 08, 2019 04:20PM
I know the feeling...sold more than one I would like back....seems like some fellas accumulate a bunch...myself had to sell to buy due to bucks crunch...
January 08, 2019 05:24PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> I know the feeling...sold more than one I would li
> ke back....seems like some fellas accumulate a bun
> ch...myself had to sell to buy due to bucks crunch
> ...

Yep so right You are Dan. People always say well if You got rid of it must been something You did not like about it but you forgot. Not so as some of us can't afford 7 Detectors at a time.
I had to trade My First run Nauty I loved in on the New CZ-3D when it came out as could not afford to keep them both. I always loved CZs and figured since it was a I.D. Display Detector it would make more sense to get that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 05:25PM by Harold,ILL..
January 09, 2019 12:23AM
Reading David's messages jogged my memory. If I remember right Paul only had the unit for a couple of weeks. He had one or more of the coils sold before he even got them.

The unit was 100% functional when I shipped it to him. I can't imagine what happened to it that would have resulted in the need to send it in for repair. It was a very stable and hot detector after Tom worked his magic on it.

You're right Dan, it was sold to fund an F75 for my daughter. I have a few detectors now but like you said, financially speaking some times are leaner than others. Over the years I have learned to pick up a toy or two when times are flush. That usually ensures that I have something to tinker with when they get thin.
January 09, 2019 01:55PM
Harold; yes, some CZ's are slightly better in iron...…. and some CZ's are a bit chatty in iron..... and may 'false' high-tone a bit more. There are several factors that dictate this. To list a few of them:
* Ground Comp/Grnd Bal internal set-points
* Calibration procedures
* Calibration order-of-events
* Calibration 'accepted tolerance' margins
* Component tolerances (Dictated by component Mfr..... and out of the control of FTP or FRL).
* Component matching
* Calibration Tech's mindset/mood/focus

And a host of other factors. There are 23 trim-pots that require attention/calibration within a analog CZ...….. and each trim-pot adjustment affects all the other trim-pots. Calibrating a CZ can be a nightmare …. and a mess.,.,.,.,.,., especially if Calibration order-of-events is forsaken. Dave Johnson created a fabulous product/invention 30-years ago; yet, when given to the rest of the factory to assemble & calibrate...………….,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, things happen.
January 09, 2019 02:52PM
Thankfully modern designs which use software and Large Scale Integration circuitry do away with most of the trim pots and therefore most of the variation unit-to-unit.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
January 09, 2019 03:55PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Thankfully modern designs which use software and L
> arge Scale Integration circuitry do away with most
> of the trim pots and therefore most of the variati
> on unit-to-unit.

Yes but to Me that is part of the charm of CZs or analogs in general as some can be a little hotter or smoother giving an edge over the other models. As long as You don't get a lemon. Its too boring when they are all the same. To Me anyways I know it sounds crazy to some.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2019 03:56PM by Harold,ILL..
January 09, 2019 06:02PM
I had one I Sold to a forum member once for cheap..(I bought it off a digger for cheap).Looked like it had been ran through a sandstorm.I think I did some vids with it.

Really hot but ugly

Think the guy got Tom to check it out and it was really a deep one 12.3 I think it was.

But to look at it it was a dog.I remember the guy told me Tom even mentioned the board was just awfully dirty to boot.

That's one thing I've learned on machines over the years .one that is used hard was usually used hard for a reason.Clean old ones dont mean a whole lot Performance wise on a any unit.

I'm sure there's some 12.4's out there too

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 09, 2019 07:58PM
Rick; absolutely! Microcontroller-based platforms are much more performance consistent...….. unit-to-unit,,,, batch-to-batch. (((Yet, can be more prone to EMI...… as compared to their analog counterparts))).
January 10, 2019 03:13AM
Here is one for sale Tom Tuned.. [www.thetreasuredepot.com]
January 10, 2019 08:51PM
While the prices of detectors, both new and used, are down; I'd have to say that at $650 a used, Tom tuned CZ-3D is holding it's value far better than most if not all of it's competition.That's something you've gotta be proud of Tom.

Considering there were three coils bundled with the 3D that was the inspiration for this thread and that the bundle sold for less than $800 seven years ago it seems that a good, Tom tuned 3D may be a more sound investment than some of my money market accounts. Now, if I could just sell my wife on that.....
January 11, 2019 01:33PM
There is a lot to be said about en masse 'assembly-line production' ...…… vs...…… "getting personal" with each/every individual detector. My end-resultant product (more-closer) resembles what Dave Johnson was intending to achieve in the first place.
What really has 'added-value' to me is...…… for instance: I may receive ……. say...….. a 28 year old CZ-6. . . . . . . . and...….. the analog electronics have NOT electronically 'drifted'...….. in 28 years...…… from factory build specs...….. on this outdoor device! This is somewhat startling to me. . . . . . . and makes a statement.
Chris...…. thanks for the Kudo's!
January 12, 2019 10:30PM
I sure miss the one I had to sell. It is remarkable how they have kept their value. Someone has a Tom tuned one on eBay for $950.
January 13, 2019 01:59AM
And it's been for sale for months

techman Wrote:
> I sure miss the one I had to sell. It is remarkab
> le how they have kept their value. Someone has a
> Tom tuned one on eBay for $950.
January 13, 2019 01:59AM
yeah! i saw that!...p.t.barnum is selling it,i believe!..(l.o.l.)

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 13, 2019 01:16PM
Ok, lets hear it...... What would a 1021 cz3d in great shape, Tom tuned that tests at 12.2"... the 4", 8" and the 10.5" coil with it..... sell for?
January 13, 2019 02:08PM
You mean 5" coil. I would say in Today's market clean 750.00.
January 13, 2019 03:49PM
techman Wrote:
> I sure miss the one I had to sell. It is remarkab
> le how they have kept their value. Someone has a
> Tom tuned one on eBay for $950.

Harold, yes that seems about the right price.

Yes, and its been quite a while. Ive been watching it, IDK why, already have one.

However he sent us watchers a offer of $850.00

His description states that it is the deepest Tom tuned 1021, which isnt true. Toms deepest is 12.4"

Aaron