Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Short shafted again. Must now sell.....

Posted by texkinzee 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Short shafted again. Must now sell.....
January 08, 2019 10:29PM
My new Anfibio. After two hours of being hunched over while detecting my back is still hurting today 749.00 shipped lower 48 only. Postal money order. I live in Virginia if someone wants to meet. Thanks
Re: Short shafted again. Must now sell.....
January 08, 2019 10:34PM
texkinzee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My new Anfibio. After two hours of being hunched o
> ver while detecting my back is still hurting today
> 749.00 shipped lower 48 only. Postal money order.
> I live in Virginia if someone wants to meet. Thank
> s

Well, what is your NEW King of the hill now??
January 08, 2019 10:38PM
Humpty Dumpty.
January 08, 2019 10:40PM
Actually one lower and one additional upper rod could be used to extend the lower rod length. Use a section of upper rod with lower rod cut and each end of pieces of lower read placed in section of upper and glued. Real simple, if sections of lower rod cut are placed far enough inside section of upper rod this should add integrity to setup and reduce slop.
Tall folks should try.
To return detector to original condition if necessary all one needs is oem lower rod.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 11:12PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 08, 2019 11:20PM
Nooooo----Say it ain't so!!----That's gotta rank right up there with one of the shortest reigning kings in modern history!
January 08, 2019 11:56PM
How tall are you?

tabman
January 09, 2019 12:00AM
This pic below of Anfibio Multi unit. Note the white line on upper rod. This is line to use for knowing how far to insert upper rod into upper detector Assy.

I don’t think I saw this mentioned in the user’s manual. I suspect production models have.

Pic of detector with rod fully extended. White line flush on upper assy androd extended to last graduation depicted on rod.
Tape measure is flush with bottom of coil. 7”concentric shown in pic.

Here is a close up of where the distance falls on the actual handle of detector with tape flush with bottom of coil with cover installed. Folks seem like to measure from various points on handle. So look and see the distances here in relation to the different points on handle.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2019 11:40AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 09, 2019 12:18AM
I am posting this here additionally for a reason. Some manufacturers may see this. The magic number is seems should be at least 41.5-42 inches long from handle to bottom of coil for taller folks to comfortably use.

Tarsacci MDT 8000 unit.
For Tex and other taller folks.
Detector length.
Here below detector is fully extended in last hole. Ruler is flush with bottom with coil cover ON. Folks maybe can judge distance at hand grip to see if it will fit them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2019 12:19AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 09, 2019 12:34AM
Here is pic of Minelab Equinox. Rod fully extended with spring loaded catches in hole. Tape flush with bottom of coil. Note where tape reads on handle points. Manufacturers reps reading here. This measurement (a pic) should be shown when debuting units new. And put in user’s manual online. This eliminate a lot of uncertainty for maximum rod length for folks looking. Show in inches and centimeters. Just stating detectors overall length when fully extended (useable length) does NOT give taller folks the info they really need.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2019 01:02AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 09, 2019 09:04AM
The Nox is fine.
January 09, 2019 09:10AM
Thanks for the info. Not planning on doing any mod though.
January 09, 2019 10:18AM
Would you guys be interested in an optional middle longer shaft?
If yes, I will be talking to my product development team.
January 09, 2019 02:28PM
I'd like a longer middle or lower shaft. I'm 6'1" and use mine fully extended. Just another inch or two would be nice.
Thanks
January 09, 2019 03:33PM
For me tesoros, whites, Fisher/Tek, makro/Nokta, etrac,some Garrett's, I'm sure more were all too short... ATpro/max, Xterra, equinox, deus, are all fine. Deus is close but fine. I do not see why manufacturers can't get a few extra inches of length.. all detectors ar plenty short enough but few are long enough.. makes no sense .. I got tired of Tall man rods.. these newer models do not have any tall man rods available anyway..
January 09, 2019 05:40PM
The simple solution is a longer middle of lower rod.

I'm 6'1" and its right on the cusp I could probably be another inch taller and till get away with it but I have long arms too so not everything is as simple as height.Someone else same height but shorter arms may find the stock one is approaching or is too short.

You can gain a little by sliding middle rod out further than balk line on rod but not much if your up in the say 6'2" range or more.

Ideally a coil should set about or right at two foot in front of your feet,Coil level on ground with your arm extended and back straight.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 09, 2019 10:40PM
I made golf clubs for friends as a hobby many years ao. I would have them drop their hands to their side and measure from the floor up. My arms are short and I had to add two inches to a standard length. I think the solution can be found using the Impact shafts.
January 09, 2019 11:13PM
Or one of those medieval torturetongue sticking out smiley racks
January 11, 2019 03:14PM
Hello all.
This is to confirm that we will have a longer middle shaft available for the Anfibio soon.

Thank you!

Dilek
January 11, 2019 10:15PM
Thank you again Dilek. thumbs down
January 12, 2019 06:36PM
Dilek, your service response makes me weep. No one is as caring for customer needs as you and your company! Well, NASA-Tom and Dimitar with Tarsacci come really close as I think about it. And Gary Storm when he had DetectorPro... I gotta stop I am getting too emotional. Man there are a lot of awesome people in this business/world!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie