Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher Manta

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher Manta
January 11, 2019 11:49AM
Ok....... im looking for a foot up here. Which Fishers detector DEALER would you say might have a chance to get their hands on one of the Mantas for sale FIRST. Is there any secretly maintaining a list yet? Dont anyone say Kelleyco.... id like to get one before not well after they row out. I believe this machine is going to suit my style of hunting. No one seems to like to small gold hunt...... thou they get excited when they find some lol. Its not always about the depth here in Fl...... if you cant get that deep because of moved sand..... even a PI might not help. This machine seems to be flexible enough to offer sensitivity and depth to those gold pieces just out of our current reach in the water and wet sand.
Re: Fisher Manta
January 11, 2019 12:56PM
Is there a rumor that it might be out this year? Tell us what you know.

January 11, 2019 01:51PM
I know no more than what’s been put out on here. I remember Carl said he was going to try by spring....but then he kind of went back to the drawing board. How much testing will be needed obviously will be based on when it started and what they find. Ive got to assume they have the box ready and now it’s just tweaks based on input and location. Sooner the better. I’d like to have it before summer and some what learned....great timing for me with recent drop period.
January 11, 2019 02:00PM
Dew,

If I were you, I'd find out who would be 1st to get any stock...heck, even one and I'd deal with that fella and give a Deposit of $250.00 or so...

Remember the fun we had last year trying to find an Equinox...in January!!!

Des D
January 11, 2019 02:13PM
Des....... thats exactly what im trying to find out. I even asked Tom if he was a dealer lol.
January 11, 2019 04:19PM
I'm waiting patiently. Glad they have been showing us some of the progress but really wish we had a release date, price, and final specs!

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
January 11, 2019 04:24PM
I got curious and went back on Findmall to 2007 when Fisher introduced the F75. Tim Mallory who was then (and is now) the VP of marketing and sales, announced on Feb. 21st 2007 that it would ship on 5 March.

[www.findmall.com]

By 11 March, multiple sponsor dealers were saying that the had them or that they had shipments in route to them.

The past is not always a good guide, but I expect there will be no hype from Fisher about this prior to release. Just an announcement that it is going to ship and then substantial quantities shipped or or about the announced date.

As far as when.....like I said before, nobody says that they know - knows anything.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
January 11, 2019 05:40PM
So Rick...... ya think they will produce enough BEFORE they put it out? Wouldnt that be nice.... hopefully they have a pair of waterproof headphones with them LOL. That to me......hype or not was just plan dumb since that would be the most obvious place for things to go wrong. Im looking at what detectors i will and wont need any more. Anyone who ever wanted an Eric Foster machine...... just because..... best consider one of these as well. NOW.... will ML throw some resources into their PIs for water hunting? The greater changes ive seen in the past few years have been coils, headphones and now batteries.
January 11, 2019 05:41PM
I’m pretty sure both types of headphones will be available.

Rick Kempf
January 11, 2019 08:45PM
I'm hoping the Manta doesn't come with headphones. I've already got four pairs. I don't need another set.

January 11, 2019 08:59PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm hoping the Manta doesn't come with headphones.
> I've already got four pairs. I don't need another
> set.
>
> .

Might rethink that if those other 4 sets don't plug into it....or are inferior to the product Fisher will be shipping. Maybe both...

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
January 11, 2019 09:03PM
Since it will be a beach machine, I’m pretty sure it has to be at least “dunkproof”. In that case the phone connector will not be the usual plug type. It would likely be some off-the shelf component, but you would likely have to do a swap on your existing phones to hook-up.

Rick Kempf
January 11, 2019 11:27PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Since it will be a beach machine, I’m pretty sure
> it has to be at least “dunkproof”. In that case t
> he phone connector will not be the usual plug type
> . It would likely be some off-the shelf component
> , but you would likely have to do a swap on your e
> xisting phones to hook-up.

I've never understood why people think beach detectors need to be waterproof or dunk proof. It's a nice thing to have but it isn't a necessity. If it helps keep the price down, I will gladly give up the waterproofing. The Minelab Explorers and E-trac are excellent beach machines and they are neither waterproof or dunk proof.

I'd like it if they made two separate Manta models. One for beach and one for water.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 11:28PM by Badger in NH.
January 12, 2019 12:05AM
U don’t live in Fl......I don’t want a detector that isn’t waterproof out to your neck at least. That’s where I hunt most of the time with the machine in the water. It’s not really a beach machine if half of the area u wasn’t to hunt is near or in the water. With waves u best have them able to get wet . Why make basicly 3 manta? To me its a PLUS being waterproof...... im just not seeing a down side to a beach hunter having a waterproof machine. BUT..... i will say who needs a speaker that can be the achilles heel...... the less things you dont need the better on a beach machine that gets salt water wet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 09:43AM by dewcon4414.
January 12, 2019 12:39AM
All the headphones I ever got with a detector have been cheap'

TheHunterGT Wrote:
> Badger in NH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm hoping the Manta doesn't come with headphone
> s.
> > I've already got four pairs. I don't need anothe
> r
> > set.
> >
> > .
>
> Might rethink that if those other 4 sets don't plu
> g into it....or are inferior to the product Fisher
> will be shipping. Maybe both...
January 12, 2019 12:49AM
u2robert Wrote:
> All the headphones I ever got with a detector have
> been cheap'
>

Yeah, the headphones that came with my Equinox 600 were throw away's. The Equinox 800 phones weren't much better.

The wired headphones that come with the Tarsacci are pretty nice, but I'll probably end up using my Trond wireless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 01:54AM by Badger in NH.
January 12, 2019 02:27AM
Current technology provides for a wide range of at least moderately waterproof connectors that there is no longer any excuse for proprietary or hardwired headphone connectors. I doubt that Fisher would be silly enough to make the headphone connection other than an off the shelf waterproof type.

For example, while waiting for the new Fisher PI, I have bought two of the Vallon VMH3CS mine detectors on the surplus market, They have a special waterproof connector for a somewhat odd one ear piezo headset. Further research shows that it is an industry standard connector and new surplus units are available online at $8.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 02:30AM by lytle78.
January 12, 2019 09:47AM
Rick..... i believe the M12 connector has proven its self. Dang things work great..... CTX for years now, on our moded Xcals, headphones, and even the Nox coils. They could use a 4 pin and reduce their price even more.
January 12, 2019 07:43PM
I would prefer to have a less expensive machine without earphones. I don't care what kind of adapter they use but they should provide an adapter connector that connects to all of the standard headphones. I enjoy using ear buds with my EQX600. The ability to cut heat with ear buds or wear a winter hat in the winter with them is awesome.

As far as waterproof - I need it. Too much humidity where I live and everything gets destroyed by salt in the air.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 07:44PM by adamBomb.
January 12, 2019 07:58PM
Headphones should be sold separately with all metal detectors.

Detectors don't come with a shovel, why should they come with headphones?

January 12, 2019 11:02PM
If things are standardized fine......but they arent. Some insist on priority connectors.... does nothing but raise the price like you said. But ... as we found out takes awhile for one of us to make their connector for OUR phones.
January 25, 2019 07:27AM
Any news to get excited about?.. Is 2019 a possibility?
Seems the hype has been drying up.
January 25, 2019 10:36AM
Back when this first started i heard by Spring this year...... but then they went back to the drawing board. This could be a VERY big deal ... maybe a change in direction from VLF to PI. It sure got Whites attention..... will it get MLs?