Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coil covers and coil

Posted by sheds 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coil covers and coil
January 20, 2019 02:38AM
Coil covers..yea or nea?....also looking for a 8" coil for the Fisher CZ's
Thanks Kevin
Re: Coil covers and coil
January 20, 2019 03:23AM
If I didn't scrub the coil on the ground and over rocks, I would not use a cover.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2019 03:27AM by Badger in NH.
January 20, 2019 12:20PM
I wear the heck out of a coil cover..... and the price of coils are getting stupid high. I was going thru an Xcal coil every 6 mos..... then started adding Marine Epoxy which if watched pretty much stopped that. Im beach hunting and my coil stays on the sand in and out of the water. They add very little weight ..... and any depth you loose can be made up with proper coil contorl for most of us.
January 20, 2019 12:34PM
No coil covers for me in the surf. I dont scrub my coil.
January 20, 2019 08:57PM
Depends on coil design for grass/turf hunting. Some open web designs have sharper edges on the coil which will cause it to hang up on the grass BADLY. For the minimal weight and obvious protection advantages I use them always. But it depends what you’re doing and which coils you’re using.
January 20, 2019 09:40PM
No coil covers for me. Water, sand or turf. HH jim tn
January 21, 2019 02:33AM
Never use. Countless hours and years on many brands of coils that never have issues, sand, gravel, rocks, etc
January 21, 2019 03:02AM
I use them as freebies ....LOL...but I hunt in the city park's where every thing is smooth as silk.
January 25, 2019 09:09PM
I guess it depends on where you hunt and if you scrub the ground. I've worn through and thinned out a few coil covers over the years. Sand and gravel can chew your coil otherwise.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
January 25, 2019 09:15PM
I always use a coil cover just to protect the coil from abuse
but I have had a coil cover on my CZ3D that I had to rip off the coil
with my gloved hand will not pry a cover off
never had this problem with the other CZ's only the CZ3D
and I found out not all coil covers are the same thickness or size.