Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vanquish, Simplex, or...

Posted by adamBomb 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vanquish, Simplex, or...
May 17, 2020 02:45PM
Hey all - Got a buddy who is interested in detecting (hopefully a new detecting partner if all goes well as he tends to get into hobbies and take them seriously!). My first recommendation was an equinox but he doesn't want to invest $600 into a detector just yet. We live at the beach, so he would be hunting dry/wetsand exclusively. Other than being non-waterproof, it looks like the Vanquish 440/540 are just as capable as the equinox on the beach? I am not as familiar with this machine and couldn't find that much info about it compared to the nox. And what about the simplex as a beach machine? Any others that he should look at? The new garret seems just over his price range. We live in NC so our beaches have low/no mineralization. I am going to lend him a scoop of mine to start to save him $ there.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
Re: Vanquish, Simplex, or...
May 17, 2020 10:39PM
Minelab Vanquish all the way it is a awesome do it all machine that works great for beach coin and relic hunting.
May 17, 2020 11:10PM
The Vanquish multi IQ is superior on the beach. If you need waterproof then get the Simplex.
May 18, 2020 02:59PM
Thanks for the responses. I told him to get the Vanquish 440. It looks like the 340 has no pinpoint, which is needed on the beach, and the 540 is probably out of his price range. Fingers crossed he makes the purchase because I would love to have someone to hunt with!

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
June 04, 2020 01:18PM
Just wanted to follow up...

My friend ended up getting the 440. It will be nice to have someone to detect with now! And I am really curious to see how it compares to my Nox.

June 04, 2020 02:36PM
adamBomb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just wanted to follow up...
>
> My friend ended up getting the 440. It will be nic
> e to have someone to detect with now! And I am rea
> lly curious to see how it compares to my Nox.

Excellent choice...
June 04, 2020 08:26PM
sent you p.m.