Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pros and cons....

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Pros and cons....
January 23, 2019 04:36PM
Anyone use the Garrett AT pro and input appreciated...
Re: Pros and cons....
January 23, 2019 04:52PM
Yes. When I eventually got around to trying one out I realised I was 10 years late and should have gotten to it sooner.
It's a very 'easy to live with' machine.

Cross compare to the AT Max and it's 'not so easy to live with' and wouldn't be so endeared to it as the AT Pro.

And, its waterproof @ around $579.00 and that is also easy to live with on your 'Discover' card!
January 23, 2019 06:10PM
I still use one quite a bit. Darn good detector and for a long time, about the best in its price range. I suspect it still ranks up there for hunting in iron. Not the deepest, but I can still get a 8" + dime in my soil. Does have a decent coil selection and it tones are great imo. HH jim tn
January 23, 2019 06:14PM
I like my ATPro, Dan.

Very EMI resistant. Can hunt it fast or slow but its a very good ultra slow motion hunter. Audio goes deeper than visual. Very little ground mineral falsing.. Good modulated audio. I use STD mode when I need unmodulated audio reach. I use Pro mode for modulation. The tone role audio works very good for flat iron. Each to notch/un-notch and in ground depth is respectable.

Its a nice unit.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2019 06:15PM by Mike Hillis.
January 23, 2019 07:30PM
I had the At Gold. I would try turning the ground balance negative. The increase of depth of the AT Gold was dramatic. With the 5x8 coil it was able to hit my 9" test dime. My ground is mild and might not work as well turning the ground balance negative in mineralized ground.

A nice detector. Waterproof. Separation and depth good. A great all around detector.

Rick
January 23, 2019 11:15PM
I guess I was one of the few that didn't care for the AT Pro. Really small screen and it didn't perform nearly as well as other detectors I already had in my arsenal.
January 24, 2019 01:47AM
Not really a depth demon. But it is easy to understand. Very easy. It has a good audio report. It is fairly good in the iron. The 5x8 is a great coil. Screen is not for old eyes, but the audio makes up for it. It could be balanced better. The worst part for me was the coil connection to the box. Just not easy to screw on.

Yup......other than the depth I would have kept it.
January 24, 2019 03:05AM
Here is the cons.....I started with the AT Pro.... Easy to understand and easy to use. Now with that being said I am gonna say something that will ruffle some feathers. The AT series are the most overrated detectors I know of . I guess its because they were the first all terrain detectors on the market. Depth average, Separation capabilities not near as good as most claim. I know some who swear by the 5x8 coil. Check this video out...AT GOLD 5X8 COIL Most overrated detectors I know of...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2019 03:09AM by calabash digger.
January 24, 2019 03:09AM
Heres a video of the AT GOLD against the Anfibio with small coils. AT GOLD SMALL coil BTW I have a ton of videos showing the AT series performance capabilities on my channel or the lack of...My point is this there are way better performing detectors out there for close to the same money..
January 26, 2019 07:57PM
Unfortunately I don't water hunt anymore...had one of those ATD Garrett unit years ago and it luved gold rings...Lots of features but could be a bigger meter for us old folks...