Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anfibio, Equinox

Posted by jim tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anfibio, Equinox
January 24, 2019 10:51AM
I know a few of you gents have both the Equinox and Anfibio and just wondering which might be the more e m i resistant? And, or, anything else much different that might come to mind. Thanks, HH jim tn
Re: Anfibio, Equinox
January 24, 2019 11:55AM
The 'Equinox 600' was very good about not being overly receptive to EMI
As it's essentially derived from V-FLEX (and FBS too) and V-FLEX is 'X-Terra' technology, I always found the Terra's to be extremely resistant to EMI.
(There wasn't anything that could be done about 'electric cattle fencing')

Strangely enough, I didn't get much EMI with my Nox.
If I did, just two button pushes to reduce SENS took care of it without having to Noise Cancel.
On sites with poles and pylons with power lines running across fields was where most EMI was heard and it wasn't usually possible to run @ SENS 25: reducing it to around 20-22 usually took care of it.
However, it was more prone to receive mild EMI in MULTI MODE where most of the power is compared to running in single frequencies which I did do a lot of the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2019 11:55AM by Des D.
January 24, 2019 11:55AM
Jim, ready to trade in the f-75? Or go for the quieter hunt?
January 24, 2019 12:31PM
Hi ozzie, my 75 runs quiet, no problem there. If I do try something different, the 75 won't be trade bait, at least for a while. HH jim tn
January 25, 2019 04:31AM
jim! you should be 'enshrining' that 75 in fisher's "hall of fame"
with all the "kool" stuff it found ya!..nah! i wouldn't sell it or trade it either!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2019 04:33AM by jmaryt.
January 25, 2019 06:09PM
I have the MMK and the EQ800, and I have found that although their both IMHO above average at EMI handling, that they can be susceptible to it given the right variables. One time, and one time only, I was blown out of a site running the EQ800 in multi. I should have tried to cycle through individual frequencies and see what happened. Would be fun to hunt that site with 40kHz. On the MMK, and the Anfibio would be the same, if you run in the more sparky modes (4-TONE, 5-TONE, 2-TONE) their more susceptible to EMI. I was hunting a city demo with my MMK and it was getting blown out in 4-TONE, switched to 3-TONE, 89 sensitivity and it purred like a kitten. A unique feature on he Multi Kruzer and Anfibio is their 3-TONE w/sen @ 89 or less invokes a hyperspeed setting, you do loose a bit of depth, but great for iron and demo sites. Both are far better w/EMI then a non-DST F75 but not as good as a CZ in EMI.
January 25, 2019 09:28PM
Thanks, everyone. Brian, my F 75 does have DST, so EMI is not a problem. I've been flip flopping on which I would like to try as that TRY SOMETHING NEW urge has hit me. Most importantly, I'd like to have a hot new location. LOL HH jim tn