Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Don't leave home without one.....

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Don't leave home without one.....
January 28, 2019 03:21PM
We hear so much about the detector of the Month and all will find goodies..personally over my span of hunting a pinpointer that worked gets my vote as biggest advancement of hobby. God knows I tried a bunch of detectors and all worked in their own way...PS: carry an extra battery as work best with a fresh battery...Several good ones on market so to each his own...
Re: Don't leave home without one.....
January 28, 2019 06:08PM
Yep they sure are handy to find that deepie in the hole or get out of a pile of dirt.
I like the Garrett Pro-pointer as You don't have to hold in the button or set a threshold. I had same one since they came out about 8 years or so without a problem.
Bought one as a back up and it's still in the box as never needed it. Some had issues with theirs but I never did?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2019 06:10PM by Harold,ILL..
January 28, 2019 09:53PM
funny how whitey "missed the boat" on this years ago! ..finally came out with one,but lost 'tons" by not competing with garrett.
i got the "standard" many years ago,and it works the same as new! in my view,about the "only" garrett worth a damn.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 29, 2019 01:26AM
I went years without a pinpointer. Now it would a a bummer not to have it. I just wish, with all this new technology, they would offer one without beeps and change it to one that says no, no, no, no, no and the play Dixie when you actually pinpoint the target. drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2019 01:28AM by Bill long.
January 29, 2019 02:43AM
have used a pinpointer for about 18 years but you get what you pay for so get a real good one

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 30, 2019 11:17AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We hear so much about the detector of the Month an
> d all will find goodies..personally over my span
> of hunting a pinpointer that worked gets my vote a
> s biggest advancement of hobby.

Fisher F-Pulse is the only one I can get along with.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
January 30, 2019 05:18PM
I have a F-Pulse coming. I have 2 Carrots- one on my dirt belt and one on my beach belt. The speaker broke off the beach one. I have a habit of shaking off the sand with a flick of the wrist and it came loose and rattled for a while. I finally opened it up and discovered why it only vibrated. I've used Minelabs, the old Garrett Pro Pointer and several others over the years and all worked but most failed with extended use.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
January 30, 2019 05:26PM
Pasttom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a F-Pulse coming. I have 2 Carrots- one on
> my dirt belt and one on my beach belt. The speake
> r broke off the beach one. I have a habit of shak
> ing off the sand with a flick of the wrist and it
> came loose and rattled for a while. I finally ope
> ned it up and discovered why it only vibrated. I'
> ve used Minelabs, the old Garrett Pro Pointer and
> several others over the years and all worked but m
> ost failed with extended use.

Think about 2 years is what can be expected from most of them?

But I'm sure some might chime in and say they've had "years" with Brand X.

The ones designed for 'waterproof' can diminish rapidly after multiple immersions in cold salt water: they go 'squeaky' and then stop.

Currently on the third year with a 'Carrott' but I treat it very well. And I did have it immersed as I had to for the magazine Field Test but after that, never.

Honestly, I thought the "Bullseye" was great provided you didn't get it wet. Then Kaput...

And yes Dan...I have turned the car around 'cos I forgot one!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2019 05:27PM by Des D.