Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tarsacci Coil(s)

Posted by Druid 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tarsacci Coil(s)
June 26, 2020 11:03PM
Is the MDT 8000 only going to have the original coil or are there any plans to offer additional sizes and/or types of coils, or does the unique nature of the machine make this a no go? Would the Tarsacci function with a concentric design coil at all?
Also any plans to expand on the concept specifically for relic or ghost town hunters?
Cheers,
Drew.
Re: Tarsacci Coil(s)
June 26, 2020 11:21PM
Drew...….. right now...… there is only one coil for the Tarsacci. But...….. that is about to change. We are working on creating a (larger) round coil for it.
Lots of your questions may also be answered on the mile-long: ON THE HORIZON thread!
June 26, 2020 11:56PM
I’d be interested to see just how well the MDT would do depth wise with a larger coil. 12” coil would make it competitive even with a PI here. I know the MDT does NOT loose very much depth in the water ... a VLF does and a PI may. Nice thing about the MDT is you still have a pretty accurate TID as well as a tone to rely on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2020 12:40AM by dewcon4414.
June 27, 2020 07:05AM
With the Tarsacci being a hybrid..would using a smaller coil on the Tars open up even more relics..over the stock coil hunting the heavily nail/iron infested old house sites like some of us hunt? Thanks joe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2020 07:22AM by joe in alabama.
June 27, 2020 11:20AM
Dew- Due to Covid-19, manufacturing for practically everything has been effected, unfortunately the 12” Tarsacci coil is not exempt. As far as performance, I’ll just say this. You’ll be MORE than happy..... Dimitar has some “teaser” videos to share, soon......

Joe- We hear ya bro! Right now, Dimatar is consumed with launching the 12”, and fulfilling his commitment to the beach hunters. Remember....Dimitar IS a relic hunter (more on this in p.#2 of our interview....c’mon Dimitar, proof read that thing and get it back to me!!) He would have much rather made the small coil first, however since there was far more demand from the beach hunters (and some field hunters) for a bigger coil, he had to go w the 12” first. As you can imagine, R&D is TIME CONSUMING & manufacturing is EXPENSIVE. Dimitar is just ONE man, not like the “Thunder from Down-under” who have teams of people working on various projects at once, with unlimited resources. For relic hunters who REALLY want a smaller Tarsacci coil, you NEED to start ASKING for it. And we are talking to you Tarsacci relic hunters who want the smaller coil but NEVER post, you know who you are, and WE KNOW who are, we sold you the darn machines! And speaking of this, we do have relic hunters...ALL OVER. From far southwest, down south and even in Florida finding amazing relics where other machines CANNOT operate, however these hunters prefer to remain anonymous and for good reason. And this is the same case w our customers in Eastern Europe who are digging up ancient relics amidst ancient iron.

Don’t expect Dimitar to spend hundreds of hours of R&D and thousands of dollars in manufacturing unless he’s SURE his investment is worth it!
Remember.....”THE SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE”!

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
June 27, 2020 11:29AM
In theory...……. absolutely.
In reality...……. I still think: Yes.

The Tarsacci does very well in carpets of nails......and trashy areas......wearing its stock coil. . . . . . to the point of looking like: unique performance.
The Equinox does very well in carpets of nails......and trashy areas......wearing its stock coil. . . . . . to the point of looking like: unique performance.
When the small 6" coil is put on the EQX...….it indeed....can see between targets better; yet, a large amount of the wide-angle-wrap-around performance is lost.
June 27, 2020 11:52AM
Joe - One other thing I forgot to mention.......

Dimitar, Keith, Tom and I are really taken aback and quite shocked by the lack of interest that has been shown by Keith’s recent nail board test.

We know our competitors noticed....

[youtu.be]

We have all seen Montes nail board done many times but NEVER like this! Keith has that 11x8 coil over 3 big rusty nails at one time and he’s STILL slamming that LOW conductor! Monte calls for a Indian Head penny in his test and Keith has taken it to a whole new level with a SMALLER LOW conductor!

My point in telling you this? If Keith can do that w the nail board, how bad do you actually NEED that smaller coil?

Think about it.......

Aaron

June 27, 2020 12:46PM
I realize its difficult to determine just how many of these larger coils might sell..... which could make them pricy to him and us. BUT, it seems both the relic and beach guys would like to see one. Id say lets see a good depth test on what might hit the streets or some good depth measurements between the standard and new coil. For some there has to be cost vs advantage. I personally aint looking for coverage as much as depth and a decent ID. With that said ....if Dimitar ops to wait ..... i want first dibs on his test coil lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2020 01:49PM by dewcon4414.
June 27, 2020 03:50PM
((( We're not going for 'coverage'. Our huge/primary/main target is: Depth. )))
June 28, 2020 09:55AM
Seeing the Tarsacci's capabilities with stock coil in hunted out old sites with heavy Iron ..it can cause one to think about a different coil size especially a smaller coil for relics..thus posing the question this being a Hybrid would a small coil be impressive hunting behind the stock coil...
With the vlf machines its always been I need a smaller coil for my Iron sites..
Seeing Keiths videos with the Tars doing the Brick/Nails test shows how this detector is seeing things differently...Everyone's video is Greatly Appreciated as it opens up a little more info about the Tarsacci..
joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2020 10:38AM by joe in alabama.
June 28, 2020 10:21AM
And about that large coil...... id sure like to see it sooner than later with this being recent drop time. More depth .....more depth ..... more depth. Im not looking really for the DEEP heavy gold as much as as getting those say in the 5 gram range just out of most detectors reach out there.
July 11, 2020 08:33PM
I'm seriously considering this detector...
I'd be very interested with the larger coil.
Are you going to offer it either way...machine with stock coil or machine with 12" round...or will the 12" round strictly be an add-on?
July 12, 2020 12:38AM
Right now...…. it looks like we will market the large coil in two ways:
1. Outright purchase (because....for those of whom already have a Tarsacci).
2. (Probably) as a standard coil..... (and only coil)….. for those of whom only want a Tarsacci with the 12" coil.

BUT...….. keep in mind ….. the thing isn't even invented yet!!!
(((Almost...….but not quite))).
July 12, 2020 12:52PM
I thought oval shape coils are more sensitive to gold and the difference in size of a 12" is not enough to make that much difference in coverage not to mention the weight factor. The stock coil has separation even better than the 11" pro coil. IMHO I would like to see a better spread on descrimation. Something along the line of the CTX or the E Trac. Not even sure that could be. If you want coverage need to go to 13" or 14" coil to make a difference. JR
July 12, 2020 01:04PM
Again as stated before,,,we are NOT concerned about coverage.
We ARE concerned about DEPTH!
That is what the 12” is being made for, depth, NOT coverage!
And the depth will be SIGNIFICANT!
Nuff said!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2020 01:04PM by Aaron.
July 12, 2020 01:13PM
Aaron you don't seem to have a clue! Who is we? Their could be some depth advantage but if you want depth the 12 is just not going to be enough to make a difference for the cost factor IMHO. Go Big! "Enough Said"
July 12, 2020 02:01PM
I don't see how adding an inch to the length of the coil could possibly cause a "significant" increase in depth.

A 15 inch coil would make more sense depthwise if a coil of that size will work with the MDT technology. That would also significantly increase coverage.

Make the 11/12 inch round coil the stock coil and also offer a 6 inch.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2020 02:40PM by Badger in NH.
July 12, 2020 03:23PM
We all want something different it seems. I for one don’t want to push any coil around out there in the water bigger than a 12”. The shaft is a size between the Nox and CTX .... so it takes getting used to the water it displaces. Round and deep sounds great, but I’m not sure how much depth can be squeezed out of it. But then ... this ain’t a VLF. Price vs worth may depend as always on the guy swinging the coil. Obviously if only a half dozen jump on board ..... that’s not many so don’t expect to get it for a couple of hundred bucks... let’s be realistic.
July 12, 2020 03:25PM
You need to stop thinking in VLF terms guys.
The Tarsacci is NOT a VLF
We will provide video proof of the increased depth, before it’s release, trust me....

July 12, 2020 03:34PM
I look forward to seeing what Dimitar can do .... cause ya k ow I’ve been doing the pee pee dance for the 12” coil awhile now.
July 12, 2020 03:47PM
Yes. You guys are covering it.
Because the Tarsacci is not a VLF...…. it is easy to mistakenly apply learned-data (with/from VLF technology)….. to the Tarsacci.
The Tarsacci will lose very little depth (if any) on small targets....with a larger coil installed. (This also holds true.....for the most-part...… for PI's).
In theory...……. it "sounds" like the Tarsacci coil is only going from a 11" coil......to a 12" coil. This is only a 1" gain in size. BUT...….. what is NOT obvious is: The standard Tarsacci coil (right now)…..is only about 8" wide. Sooooooo……….. jumping the 8" width to 12"..... is a huge difference. And jumping the length from 11" to 12".... is also huge. For those of whom have the Impulse and Tarsacci……. try this: abut their two coils together. The Tarsacci 11"x8" up against the Impulse 12" coil. There is a HUGE difference in size.
Also...….. a coil does not view 'surface area'. A coil views a 3-Dimentional 'VOLUME'. The volume of a sphere is: 4/3 x Pi x R-cubed. Using this formula just to simply look at the difference of a 11" round coil...… and a 12" round coil (for volume searched)…… is a huge difference.
July 12, 2020 04:35PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also...….. a coil does not view 'surface area'. A
> coil views a 3-Dimentional 'VOLUME'. The volume of
> a sphere is: 4/3 x Pi x R-cubed. Using this formul
> a just to simply look at the difference of a 11" r
> ound coil...… and a 12" round coil (for volume sea
> rched)…… is a huge difference.

Yes, but isn't the Tarsacci coil a Double D where the beam is mainly focused down the centerline making the width less relevant to surface area and depth?

I've always thought of concentric coils as being a sphere and Double D's being more like a vee shape. Of course, everything might be different with MDT.

It's fascinating to watch this new coil develop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2020 04:35PM by Badger in NH.
July 12, 2020 07:02PM
Badger...…… absolutely! Yes...…. the DD configuration develops more of a 'wedge' going into the ground. BUT...…. it is the WIDTH of the coil that dictates how DEEP the 'wedge' is!!!
If the width of the coil goes from 8"...… to 12"...…. then the 'wedge' is much deeper.

Clear as mud???!!
July 13, 2020 02:38AM
Hi...Tom (others)...I've asked this before and hope to get a definitive answer...

My detecting environment is wet salt water sand + maybe going in/out of the surf to ankle/shin deep...
My detecting style (excal/Nox) is "scrubbing" the wet sand - not holding the detector above.

Will I be getting any falsing when scrubbing the wet sand using the Tarsacci? THANKS
July 13, 2020 03:52AM
NYB...……. at fairly high Sens settings...…..and fairly low Thresh settings: NO! The Tarsacci is very stable.
At MAXIMUM (all-out) settings...… yes, you will encounter a bit of chatter.
I scrub my coil all the time.
July 13, 2020 11:04AM
Barry, it will also depend on which freq you attempt to run the machine on and your salt setting once GBed or manually set. I use reverse disc just like i do with the Xcal..... so where you might get a tone from a false signal in disc ..... i get a fast short pop that i barely notice and sounds nothing like a target signal. You will need to test 12 or 18khz on a found target..... vs 9khz or even the 6.5. I run 9kzh..... but extremely hot and im a little deeper out there in the water. So my testing here in Fl. trying to run 12 out deeper and having to make adjustments didnt net me a better tone, depth or quieter machine over those lower freqs.
July 13, 2020 04:46PM
Thanks Tom and Dew....
Much appreciated!
July 13, 2020 04:47PM
Bump

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2020 04:48PM by Aaron.