Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox complete carbon-fiber shafts are NOW AVAILABLE

Posted by steveg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox complete carbon-fiber shafts are NOW AVAILABLE
January 29, 2019 08:52AM
Hi all!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have finally been able to kick into shaft production mode, after the last of the long-awaited parts shipments arrived last Wednesday. Shaft building has been underway since, and I'm happy to say that I've managed to start shipping the first handful of shafts to customers on the wait list.

Everyone who has contacted me in the past, and had their name added to the wait list requesting a shaft from the "first batch," has been contacted; each of these customers' shafts are complete, and in the midst of a few days worth of epoxy-cure time. I expect that all "wait-list" customers, who have confirmed their orders within the past week, will have their shafts on the way by Wendesday or Thursday.

MEANWHILE, I have more than enough shafts from this first batch to serve a couple of dozen customers beyond those currently on my wait list. If you are interested, please contact me; I have a detailed document I've typed up, laying out each of the different shaft configurations and options, optional accessories, and pricing for each. Additionally, I have typed up a couple of other documents as well -- one providing lots of information on the counterweights (including assistance/advice on how to choose the "right" length/weight for your personal needs), and then a second document discussing the "spring button hole" option that is being offered, for those who feel that -- despite the very strong/secure clamping cam-lock system I've employed on these shafts -- they still may wish to have the option of utilizing the spring button in the lower shaft.

Please contact me if you are interested, would like to receive any or all of these documents, or if you have any other questions regarding the new, complete EQX carbon-fiber shafts now available!

THANKS!

Steve
www.stevesdetectorrods.com
www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

Re: Equinox complete carbon-fiber shafts are NOW AVAILABLE
January 29, 2019 04:20PM
Looks great Steve.----Please email me (or post) the two documents you make mention of.---------Del
January 29, 2019 04:54PM
Hi
i am intereted...

do you send to portugal????

Please email me (or post) the two documents you make mention of....
Thanks
January 29, 2019 06:03PM
Hi Steve, Please E-mail me documents, I Greatly Appricated it. Thanks, Don
January 29, 2019 06:09PM
Just waiting patiently. cool smiley

I gave the Tarsacci a day off and used the 'Nox yesterday. I am really spoiled by the weight difference. It's not bad so much as it can be better...

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
January 29, 2019 11:25PM
Del --

Email forthcoming, THANKS!

Don --

Email forthcoming, THANKS!

Pasttom --

Shipping will be tomorrow or Thursday -- THANKS for your purchase!

pjecas --

I have not shipped internationally yet (with the exception of Canada). I am willing to try it; shipping will be (I am pretty sure) $50 to $60, via United States Postal Service Priority Mail International. I am sending you a PM, so that you can send me your email address privately. I'll then send you the documents I've mentioned here...

Sound good?

THANKS, all!

Steve
January 29, 2019 11:34PM
Del and Don -- emails have been sent.

pjecas -- PM has been sent.

THANKS!

Steve
January 30, 2019 10:50PM
I got a look at one of them the other day....they looked good buddy.
January 30, 2019 11:38PM
Thanks, dew! I appreciate the kind words! smiling smiley

Steve
January 31, 2019 02:09AM
Hiya Steve,
Eagerly awaiting mine!
Nice workmanship sir!
Cheers,
Drew.
January 31, 2019 03:38AM
Drew,

THANKS for the kind words! I'm not home, but my wife informed me a little while ago that I got a couple of shipments of parts today which she found on the porch -- within which is included the stainless-steel connector for completing your CTX travel rod. That's the last thing I needed, before I can complete your order for you. Everything else is ready to go...

THANKS!

Steve
February 08, 2019 05:43PM
Hi, all!

Now that I've worked through the initial "wait list," I can now offer the Equinox carbon-fiber shafts for general sale.

The following pricing applies to several basic shaft options...

1. Upper shaft section ONLY (no lower rod), regular end cap ... $79 plus shipping

2. Upper shaft section ONLY (no lower rod), threaded butt-end and threaded end cap (to allow compatibility with the threaded counterweight system) ... $89 plus shipping

3. COMPLETE shaft system (upper shaft section PLUS 26" lower rod, regular end cap) ... $129 plus shipping

4. COMPLETE shaft system (upper shaft section PLUS 26" lower rod, threaded butt-end and threaded end cap to permit compatibiility with the threaded counterweight system) ... $139 plus shipping

All of the above shafts can be customized in various ways, per customer preference (rod length, hole locations, etc.) Optional spring button holes (to facilitate use of the lower rod spring button) can also be included in any of the upper shaft options above, for an additional $10 (the button holes are not REQUIRED, on my shaft, due to the strong/secure clamping cam lock system that is used with these shafts, but are available as an optional inclusion).

I also have the counterweight system ready (short lengths of threaded, weighted carbon-fiber tubes) in custom lengths/user-adjustable weighting, tailored to customer wants/needs...

Empty counterweight tubes (with the customer supplying the weighting) ... $25 plus shipping

Weighted counterweight tubes (built to customer specification) ... $35 plus shipping

Please contact me, for additional information -- as I've composed a few detailed documents on the shafts, counterweighting, the "button holes" question, etc.

FINALLY -- I also have carbon-fiber lower rods for the CTX 3030 and Equinox, also in stock and available.

Forum-special pricing for the lower rods:

EQX 26" lower rods, $60 plus $10 shipping ($70 total)
CTX 3030 32" lower rods, $80 plus $10 shipping ($90 total)

Custom-length lower rods, and CTX travel rods, are also an option, as a "special-order" item...

THANKS!

Steve

February 26, 2019 08:01PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that the first shipment of additional parts I've been waiting for, arrived today -- which will allow me to begin to re-stock inventory of Equinox shafts. If you are interested in more information, or have been waiting for the second production run of shafts, now is a good time to contact me. I'll be building shafts over the next few days, and can begin filling orders by the end of the week!

THANKS!

Steve

February 26, 2019 08:24PM
Steve how much does the Equinox weight drop if using your carbon fiber rods?

Thanks,
Brian
February 26, 2019 11:45PM
Brian,

With 11" coil, the machine with stock shaft is very close to 3 pounds even; with mine, it's roughly 2.75 pounds.

Thanks!

Steve
March 09, 2019 08:26AM
Just FYI, for anyone interested...

I did some MAJOR upgrading/updating to my website over this past weekend, with a bunch of information and pictures added. Anyone interested in complete shafts for the Equinox, the counterbalance system, OR lower rods for either the Equinox or CTX 3030 might wish to check it out. I'd also be grateful for any comments/feedback on the website itself...www.stevesdetectorrods.com.

THANKS!

Steve
March 11, 2019 12:15PM
steveg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just FYI, for anyone interested...
>
> I did some MAJOR upgrading/updating to my website
> over this past weekend, with a bunch of informatio
> n and pictures added. Anyone interested in comple
> te shafts for the Equinox, the counterbalance syst
> em, OR lower rods for either the Equinox or CTX 30
> 30 might wish to check it out. I'd also be gratef
> ul for any comments/feedback on the website itself
> ...[url=https://www.stevesdetectorrods.com/index.p
> hp]www.stevesdetectorrods.com[/url].
>
> THANKS!
>
> Steve
> www.stevesdetectorrods.com
> www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

Hey Steve, I think you remember the type of shaft I’m using since I bought your counterweight system and it fit and works great. Do you think the lower shaft you make would retrofit on mine? It appears you use the same lock configuration as the one I have on mine. If need be, I can send you a photo if that would help you. I’d love to be able to switch my coils quicker and having two or three lowers with hardware would be great. I’ve seen the quality of your work after receiving the counterweight system, so I trust your CF shafts are just as well made.
March 17, 2019 09:26PM
Gary,

I APOLOGIZE -- I didn't see your message until just now!

First off, THANKS for the kind words! And, I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the counterweight installed. Good deal!

As for your question, I am not sure if my lowers would work with your upper or not, but -- an easy way to decide is to check to see if your stock lower rod will work with your carbon-fiber upper. IF it does, then yes, my lowers will work with it, also. My lower rods, and the stock Minelab lower rods, are interchangeable.

THANKS!

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2019 09:27PM by steveg.