Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any opinions on Whites 24K for micro jewelry hunting?

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any opinions on Whites 24K for micro jewelry hunting?
February 01, 2019 08:48PM
Its got some features I like. Iron cancel, blocking hot rocks and iron falsing on the high side. Ground balance spreading.

What do you think?

HH
Mike
Re: Any opinions on Whites 24K for micro jewelry hunting?
February 02, 2019 12:39AM
Mike I know your asking about the 24k but I just thought I would mention the Makro Gold Racer for micro jewelry hunting.
I had one for a while and it always amazed me all the tiny little trinkets and such I would find with that thing.
Even with the big 15” coil. It was a great Detector and it did surprisingly well hunting for Old coins too, considering the high frequency it runs at.

I’m not a jewelry hunter, but if I was, I would definitely consider that machine for the job.

Bryan
February 02, 2019 02:11AM
I'm sure the 24 will pound on the low foil / low iron range as that's where the micro jewelry is on any detector.

I found quite a bit of small micro jewelry last year with my f75 with the stock coil in the tot lots as that's the only place I dig the low iron / low foil targets.

I don't have the time to dig those low iron / low foil targets on the trashy park's
I'm sure the 24 will find the jewelry.
February 02, 2019 04:22AM
I had the Gold Kruzer for awhile. Micro mode went deep for me in my mild ground. With the 4x7.5 coil it hit my 10" dime. It was noisy but useable. I found a 10k gold earring and a 14k gold chain & pendant using the 4x7.5 coil in fresh water. All metal mode was very smooth. I only hunted in micro mode and all metal.

I have an XP ORX coming. Looks like a very smooth running detector and would be great for micro jewelry. I will be getting the waterproof kit for it.

Rick
February 04, 2019 02:32PM
The Gold Kruzer has already been eliminated. While it has an operating mode called Micro, its not really a micro jewelry detector, which is very surprising considering the operating frequency. You would think that would be one of its attributes. I guess people were too busy doing nail board tests with it to verify its jewelry abilities. I take that back... I did see a video where it was detecting small jewelry; closed loop earrings and small rings and big bunched chains.

Back to Whites 24K, The extra coil voltage and boost mode audio selections look good. It also has a 6 concentric coil which would be helpful. I'm going to continue to look at it.

HH
Mike