Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Golden Sense?

Posted by u2robert 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Golden Sense?
February 02, 2019 02:00AM
Has anyone had/used the Nokta Golden Sense and what did you think of it. I believe they are a pulse induction unit and does anyone know of their coil selection.
Re: Nokta Golden Sense?
February 02, 2019 11:44AM
Yes, I tested one some years ago and thought at the time that it was the 1st machine they produced that was actually 'workable' and decent in comparison to what they had previously offered which were more 'smoke and mirror' devices.
It was the first attempt at a more mainstream device.
Thought it's VLF...I'll see if I can 'dig up' my Notes?

Have you been offered one? I'd pay very small money as it wouldn't be 'a hot seller!' Not more than $200.00 (hoping Dilek won't chide me but that was the way it was)
February 03, 2019 12:37AM
The Golden Sense is a VLF; got one a few months but haven't used it yet just made sure it worked OK. When they first came out there was a user called 'ganixle' on findmall who gave some really good reports about it--made it sound really useful and deep. You can find his reports by using their search function. He hasn't posted but once since. There may be some videos, don't know. It comes with a really large coil which for me is generally useless, so I looked at the 10 x 12 that KCo was selling, but $225 for an obsolete machine??? I contacted Dilek to see if I could get one direct cheaper and after some back & forth and Western Union pymt. it came pronto at a reasonable price. Seems to be a basic, simple 2 tone machine. That seller on LeBay doesn't know anything about detectors except that they should beep.
February 03, 2019 01:21AM
$200 for Golden Sense does NOT make sense - lol

This sounds like this would be the first lack-luster Nok/Mak I have heard about -

Where can we catch up with your review Des? - thanks

Here is some info -
[www.earthscan.co.nz]

[www.earthscan.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2019 02:05AM by rustic charm.
February 03, 2019 06:42PM
YubaJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Golden Sense is a VLF; got one a few months bu
> t haven't used it yet just made sure it worked OK.
> When they first came out there was a user called '
> ganixle' on findmall who gave some really good rep
> orts about it--made it sound really useful and dee
> p. You can find his reports by using their search
> function. He hasn't posted but once since. There m
> ay be some videos, don't know. It comes with a rea
> lly large coil which for me is generally useless,
> so I looked at the 10 x 12 that KCo was selling,
> but $225 for an obsolete machine??? I contacted Di
> lek to see if I could get one direct cheaper and a
> fter some back & forth and Western Union pymt. it
> came pronto at a reasonable price. Seems to be a b
> asic, simple 2 tone machine. That seller on LeBay
> doesn't know anything about detectors except that
> they should beep.

The manual says it's Induction Balance 17.5 kHz what is the differance between VLF and Induction Balance?
February 03, 2019 07:01PM
The short answer is...there's no difference between VLF and IB, within this context.

In this case, IB and VLF are simply being used to distinguish that it's NOT a PI (pulse induction).

See Overton/Moreland's book "Inside the Metal Detector" for more detailed explanation and history of terms.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2019 07:11PM by Mike in CO.