Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F-19 and G2+ price cuts

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F-19 and G2+ price cuts
February 02, 2019 01:57PM
Keith Southern mentioned somewhere how much he is currently liking the F-19 in heavy iron. I got all enthused and checked out what they are going for. I got a heck of a surprise.

The MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) on these was $699. Looking at Amazon, it looks like the MAP has dropped to $449. Now, it’s important to remember that a dealer can sell for any price they want to - its just that they can not advertise lower prices. So if you are interested, contact a dealer.

I think this reflects a new reality in the marketplace. Too many detectors, too few buyers. The darned things seem to work forever and even “obsolete” machines from decades ago work in many cases as well as the latest from current production.

I think the days of >$1k prices for detectors are about over except in the case of machines which offer unique and valuable capabilities.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: F-19 and G2+ price cuts
February 02, 2019 04:57PM
See Craig (dealer Detecting Mo) for a good deal on a F-19.----Great guy to deal with!thumbs down
February 02, 2019 05:26PM
I never paid much notice to the F19. I like it. I would order one right now but I need to sell off a couple machines first. It looks rad in camo.

February 02, 2019 05:33PM
Don’t overlook the G2+ - same machine but in (IMHO) a much nicer mechanical package.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 02, 2019 05:49PM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don’t overlook the G2+ - same machine but in (IMHO
> ) a much nicer mechanical package.

Not really!-----I've had the pinpoint feature go out on three different G2+'s--must have been bad components.-------Other than a back light going out during shipping--I have NEVER had problem one with a F-19 (after they got the first "bugs" worked out of the early releases).------Over time, I've had several of both the G2+ and F-19---but---I'm a little "gun shy" on the G2+ because of the pinpointer problems I've had with them.
February 02, 2019 06:35PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> See Craig (dealer Detecting Mo) for a good deal on
> a F-19.----Great guy to deal with!thumbs down

+1 On Craig.
February 07, 2019 08:59PM
Maximus Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > See Craig (dealer Detecting Mo) for a good deal
> on
> > a F-19.----Great guy to deal with!thumbs down
>
> +1 On Craig

Plus one more for Craig. He's great to do business with! I've used numerous Teknetics and haven't had any problems with them whatsoever. I love the T-grip.

tabman
February 07, 2019 09:48PM
If First Texas only realized how killer these machines would be with a 3/3h tone option like the F75/T2... One of the best ID machines they make with ridiculously hot all metal mode.
February 07, 2019 10:31PM
I would like a coin range high tone on a F19/G2+. Or at least an option to invoke one.
HH
Mike
February 07, 2019 11:37PM
I'd love to have a G2+ with boost mode for relic hunting. Would be a killer. Or even better, a T2se with multi frequencies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2019 11:41PM by Bill long.
February 08, 2019 12:47AM
Omega at 7.7khz.....T2 at 13khz.....F19/G2+ at 19khz.....Gold Bug at 71khz....

Just give them all boost...FeTone...VCO....DP (99 tones)...adjustable recovery....a few other whiz bangs.....add a "Manta PI" trigger switch...

$1299 Make it happen Carl. drinking smileysmoking smileydrinking smileysmoking smiley

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
February 08, 2019 12:56AM
detectingMO Wrote:
> If First Texas only realized how killer these mach
> ines would be with a 3/3h tone option like the F75
> /T2... One of the best ID machines they make with
> ridiculously hot all metal mode.

Yah got that right
February 08, 2019 04:41PM
another +1 for Craig....and really like my G2+, no issues (touch wood)
February 09, 2019 03:38AM
detectingMO Wrote:
> If First Texas only realized how killer these mach
> ines would be with a 3/3h tone option like the F75
> /T2... One of the best ID machines they make with
> ridiculously hot all metal mode.

Craig knows what he's talking about! I'd buy one like that in a heartbeat.

tabman
February 09, 2019 11:48AM
tabman
I've used numerous Teknetics and haven't had any problems with them whatsoever. I love the T-grip.
I've only encountered a couple of glitches, but nothing major as I have from some other manufacturers here in the USA. The T-2 grip is one of the best out there and I have enjoyed in on the T2's, Omega's and G2's I have or have had in the past. Very comfortable.thumbs down
Monte
February 12, 2019 01:12AM
price down because chinese copy cat, copied exactly the machine externaly and internaly and nobody want to buy those of fear to buy a fake one ... not even speaking about used market , if you have this kind of machine you screwed to sell it in the used market because of that.
February 12, 2019 02:06AM
youdig Wrote:
> price down because chinese copy cat, copied exactl
> y the machine externaly and internaly and nobody w
> ant to buy those of fear to buy a fake one ... not
> even speaking about used market , if you have this
> kind of machine you screwed to sell it in the used
> market because of that.

I am not a believer. There may be some copy cats out there but I doubt they are affecting sales much.