Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT GOLD GOOD IN IRON?? COMPARED TO WHAT?

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: AT GOLD GOOD IN IRON?? COMPARED TO WHAT?
February 11, 2019 09:37PM
Dont worry Calabash.....you will always have one worshiper.

Well two if you count yourself..

Some day I hope you understand the hobby. It is more than swinging a detector

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 09:44PM by goodmore.
February 11, 2019 09:42PM
Come on Rick....it's stir crazy season for some of us.

I already told Calabash several times I really appreciate his hunting videos. His comparison ones, not so much. If he gets to post and talk garbage, so can I.

You wanting this thread deleted is not valid. It only suits what you want. This forum does not really care about the back and forth as long as it's civil. I see no reason why it should be deleted. What's your issue ? If there is not problem as you state, why do you want it deleted ?

This stuff is banter. It's part of the fun. Who cares what he does, or what I do. There is no malice. Just jabbing back and forth. So it can get a bit contentious. Sometimes that's a good thing.

You don't think Calabash posting that silver half dime didn't make me want to start researching some old sites, getting my permission letters ready and wanting to get out once this snow clears ? Damn right it did.

You won't see me posting too much in a few months. At that point, the ground has thawed and I can get off my butt and hunt.

Until then, us stir crazy hunters are gonna post !

Gotta admit...he threw me a softball with that 'you are my hero' response !!
A bridge too far. . . . . . .
February 11, 2019 10:20PM
I'll give you this Calabash. When you burn bridges, you don't do it just a little bit, you're all in. hot smiley

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
February 12, 2019 03:15AM
lol, yes your right. Got got a winter storm coming tomorrow and I can't wait to get out detecting when the snow gone. As soon as the ice goes out some on the lakes I'll be out there in my waders.

Rick
February 12, 2019 01:16PM
Rick, N. MI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This whole line of posts needs to be deleted.
>
> Calabash can make any videos he wants and we are a
> ll free here to talk about any detectors and compa
> risons we want too. I have enjoyed all his videos
> including the AT Gold.
>
> So there's no problem.
>
> Let it go.
>
> Rick

Exactly_I also find Calabash's vids/threads interesting & informative

Keep them coming Calabash smileys with beer

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
February 14, 2019 03:40AM
goodmore Wrote:
> Monte forgot more than you will ever known about t
> he hobby. He has developed friendships and respect
> across the forums for many years. Your ignorant at
> titude and posts will only continue to isolate you
> on the forums. I can't wait until you quit this fo
> rum too. Where to next? Maybe your own forum? With
> one other member. TSS. Hahahahah. I know who your
> hero is.......YOU!

grinning smiley
February 14, 2019 12:10PM
D P and goodmore dont forget to wipe this morning with your monte you are my hero toilet paper.
February 14, 2019 02:48PM
Calabash have you ever disproved ANYTHING that Monte has posted??
February 14, 2019 03:26PM
Give me a break I could careless about what he post and I really dont read his post because they are normally way to long for my taste . So the answer to your question is NO but I have never read much of his post to see where he is really coming from.

I am just picking at the guys above.

I dont mean to offend anyone really but some of the older guys who are legends in some of your guys minds really dont exist in my universe …...

There are 2 different kinds of people in the world the ones who need to be spoon fed from others and there are the ones who graduate from that and start feeding themselves. I see a lot of spoon fed babies on the forums gobbling up what others say and then regurgitating it as the hard cold truth. The fact is they really dont know if it is the truth or not because they were fed the info and didnt find it out for themselves. Spoon feeding can be helpful or hurtful it is just according to who is feeding them.
February 14, 2019 03:58PM
"Spoon feeding can be helpful or hurtful, it's just according to who is feeding them".

This statement probably explains more than Any other statement ever made by Callie.
February 14, 2019 04:02PM
Calabash, you'd fit right in, in my small circle....we're always bustin on each other. Thick skin, broad shoulders and a healthy or warped sense of humor are needed to survive. We do a lot of 'kidding' that usually has some truth in it....like the saying goes "always a little bit of truth in a joke". I guess some topics are a sore spot for some and you seem to jab at them here and there. That spoon fed babies remark gave me a chuckle and I'd hope to see a rebuttle on that....hopefully as humorous.
February 14, 2019 05:10PM
Calabash-----You are always saying "give me a break"----well----give US a break!-----Most of this is in good fun & I have nothing against you.-----Around a year ago when you showed up over here I welcomed you to this forum--and--you are still welcome here as far as I'm concerned (I don't agree with Goodmore on that)---But--it seems it didn't take you long to turn rather mean spirited/critical regarding other detectors & others post responses.------If you would strive to learn/practice "people skills" (something admittedly I'm not good at either)--you would be far more effective in the presentation of your vids & posts.-------Also, if you would answer ALL questions such as "why do you do these vids"---and---"do you get free detectors/equip. for doing them"---instead of just picking & choosing the ones you want to answer & ignoring the rest .------I've "banged heads" with a few over the years myself--but--I try not to make a habit of it.------You do make some good points from time to time.------Most of the men (and women) that are on this forum have years & years in this hobby--VERY EXPERIENCED.----If you are here with the idea to teach them "what's what"---well, I wish you mucho success in that endeavor---but I can tell you right now---"it ain't gonna fly"!----------Del
February 14, 2019 05:14PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Calabash-----You are always saying "give me a brea
> k"----well----give US a break!-----Most of this is
> in good fun & I have nothing against you.-----Arou
> nd a year ago when you showed up over here I welco
> med you to this forum--and--you are still welcome
> here as far as I'm concerned (I don't agree with G
> oodmore on that)---But--it seems it didn't take yo
> u long to turn rather mean spirited/critical regar
> ding other detectors & others post responses.-----
> -If you would strive to learn/practice "people ski
> lls" (something admittedly I'm not good at either)
> --you would be far more effective in the presentat
> ion of your vids & posts.-------Also, if you would
> answer ALL questions such as "why do you do these
> vids"---and---"do you get free detectors/equip. fo
> r doing them"---instead of just picking & choosing
> the ones you want to answer & ignoring the rest .-
> -----I've "banged heads" with a few over the years
> myself--but--I try not to make a habit of it.-----
> -You do make some good points from time to time.--
> ----Most of the men (and women) that are on this f
> orum have years & years in this hobby--VERY EXPERI
> ENCED.----If you are here with the idea to teach t
> hem "what's what"---well, I wish you mucho success
> in that endeavor---but I can tell you right now---
> "it ain't gonna fly"!----------Del

Well put Del!!
February 14, 2019 05:41PM
Ya know, I find the seniority/pecking order thing a little bit strange. In some ways I can see where more time in a hobby or position SHOULD equate to more experience and knowledge but I can think of numerous cases where that's not the case at all. In archery, I'm a pretty decent competitor overall. On the local and state level, you could say I'm a big fish in a little pond. I've been shooting my whole life. I've even graced the podium a few times in national events, but in the national scheme of things, I'm not so big of a fish haha. I've got a lot of time in the hobby and experience...yet there are younger people that have been shooting far less time than I have, that have multiple national and world titles....something I have never accomplished. In fact, there's one guy that shoots Men's Pro class in 3D archery that is the greatest of all time in 3D archery...and I think he just turned all of 30 years old. He holds more titles and world championships than any of them that have came before him. Period. In bowling, there is Jason Belmonte...whom just won his 10th Major title this past weekend....and he's just in his early 30s too. That ties him with the all time greats like Weber and only another or two that have ever won 10 Majors. There are people that have bowled longer than Belmonte has been alive and are no where near that level; have never won a single major. Belmonte is on pace to be the GOAT in that sport, and nobody may ever get close to that number in our life time.

One thing I learned early on is that I'm never above learning. I can be stubborn and set in my ways but I've learned to watch and listen, and have picked up on a lot. I'll be the first to admit when I am wrong about something. I hope I never stop learning, nor think I'm above learning from someone.
February 14, 2019 06:01PM
Metal detecting is no different like Daniel said. Coordination, hearing, sight, learning from one’s mistakes to get better.

All this hullabaloo about experience.

Maybe we should get some of these folks together and have a detect off.

Some folks are just faster learners.
Didn’t folks see this in school when they went.

I was a 4.0 math student all my years in school. Never studied a bit either. Actually with about 6 weeks prep I could walk right into any K-12 and teach math, geometry, trig. And I haven’t been in school since 1980. And I have no degrees either in math.

I tutored many folks in math even while going to elementsry school and high school. And even tutored college students while I was in the AF. Sounds strange right. True as can be.

Now there were other subjects, I just wasn’t as good at. Had to apply myself.

This subject rears its head here a lot. Too much I think. Anyone with any real experience knows Detectors of today far easier to operate and get similar outcome vs older models. Now to push the newer models to the limits will take some fooling around with and listening to in varied scenarios.

There are some younger guns out there that CAN detect. And do other things above average as well.

When I see someone who is successful at anything really. And I want to try to maybe relate to what they are seeing and hearing with what they are good at. I sure don’t try and paint as a nobody or demean. I instead want to know things. Thus I ask questions and get their opinion.
I don’t see that happening here unfortunately. And the strange thing is there is video to support some of what a person is trying to say. Shouldn’t really even take the YouTube should it.
Almost like no one here trust anyone, right?

I have watched folks doing various sports, hobbies, formal education, technical education. When I see a standout I pay close attention.

Everyone here have a nice day.

PS
The richest person in the world ain’t the oldest, or the person with the most experience in business or life. They are currently younger than I by 2 years.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2019 06:11PM by tnsharpshooter.
Who Made You King Anyway ?
February 15, 2019 07:19PM
I think this thread must've pushed Monte OVER THE EDGE ! I found a response on YouTube ! I thought I'd never see it.

[www.youtube.com]

All kidding aside, there is actually a little wisdom in this thread.

I agree that a guys gotta get out there and figure out and experience things for himself. You don't become expert from the living room or having somebody else direct your every move. You can ask others how to do this or that, but when it comes down to it, you've got to get out there in the field (or beach or park or ghost town or gold patch) and learn it for yourself and put things to the test. If you rely on others to tell you how to do everything, you're never going to learn how to think or do for yourself.

Best of luck to all of you wherever you switch on your detector,

Rich (Utah)

And by the way, that experience does count, for all of you doubters out there . . . . .

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2019 07:38PM by Gonebeepin'.
Re: Who Made You King Anyway ?
February 15, 2019 09:47PM
Here are the new your my hero shirts! YOU ARE MY HERO!