Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Posssible glitch with latest EQX update - depth meter readings

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Posssible glitch with latest EQX update - depth meter readings
August 03, 2020 05:12AM
I have not yet installed latest update to my unit.
See this link below
This gent I consider credible when he posts on forums.
[metaldetectingforum.com]
Re: Posssible glitch with latest EQX update - depth meter readings
August 05, 2020 01:22AM
Without a doubt the depth meter has got worse
with the latest update.
It's nowhere in the ballpark I just ignore it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2020 01:23AM by u2robert.
August 05, 2020 04:37PM
I haven't been able to test mine yet. Maybe later today.

Strange that the update would cause a change in the depth meter. I wonder if the depth meter is connected to the overall performance of the detector in any way.

I do use the meter occasionally. It's nice to have but I don't really need it.

It would be nice if they could change the readout from triangles to a number. It's a little distracting having to count the triangles each time when a number would give us instantaneous information recognition.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2020 04:48PM by Badger in NH.
August 05, 2020 06:09PM
I did a couple test. Park 1 only leaving sens at 20 both old and new versions using clad dime at 2 different distances comparing. I saw no difference.
August 05, 2020 06:24PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Strange that the update would cause a change in th
> e depth meter. I wonder if the depth meter is conn
> ected to the overall performance of the detector i
> n any way.

With nearly any software update (video games, apps, etc.) - especially if the base software is large - there's always a good chance of affecting or breaking something unrelated that was working as intended before.

My EQX has only worked in the ballpark in terms of the depth meter before this update, so not a huge loss personally.

I miss the depth meters of my F75LTD2 and F70 which were pretty accurate unless the target was smaller or larger than a coin.
August 06, 2020 01:45AM
I never had any luck of accuracy on the Nox’s Depth meter ........ even with the pre firmware .......shallow Targets are obvious..... anything pass 4 inch’s ........ I just dig a 6 inch plug and hope for the best .
August 06, 2020 04:47AM
So far the positive results are so minor, it isnt worth the risk of disabling another working function (in older version). Too early....verdict still out.
August 06, 2020 03:15PM
When I did my update the Gold mode was stuck in all metal whatever settings I used. The fix was to reset the detector and then all was well.
August 08, 2020 04:22PM
YMMV - the new v3 update improved things. You posted this on another forum and lots of people said they had no issues. I am still checking. But the machine is more stable, and targets sound off more clearly.
August 08, 2020 05:19PM
I used mine this morning and the depth seemed to work okay.

I was hoping to test 4 kHz at my favorite 1800's coin site but got terrible EMI from nearby powerlines. Lowering the sensitivity to 19 was the only way to quiet it down. 5 kHz was equally noisy. I ended up running 10 kHz and that was nice and quiet even with sensitivity maxed.

Is the stability enhancement supposed to be for EMI or ground conditions?