Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Come Join Us on An Outing.

Posted by Oregongregg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
February 07, 2019 04:58PM
There will at least be a couple of WTHO ( Welcome To Hunt Outings) this year. Anyone is more than welcome to come and join us. All the past outings have been really fun, chance to meet people and do some detecting with a chance to find some goodies. If your not on Monte's Outing list, contact him and ask to be put on the list so you can receive updates. Here is a cut and paste from Montes last email about the outings with the dates etc. Hope to see you there.

"The 10th WTHO will be held this coming May 9th thru 12tth and is based in Ogden, Utah. I will be hosting the 10th Outing and will coordinate the Saturday evening dinner get-together locations. This will provide a lot of older public access parks and other locations for those who enjoy urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting, quite possibly some renovation work access that often is productive in that region, and those who would like a Relic Hunting type adventure can make a day jaunt to several older sites.

The 11th WTHO will be from June 13th thru the 16th and will be based out of Wells, Nevada. Gregg ., aka Oregon Gregg, will be hosting this outing and coordinate the Saturday evening dinner get-together. Yes, we know we have hunted several old town sites out of Wells, but that's because they are there, they are available, and they have always produced some older and desired coins, trade tokens, and neat small artifacts. "

Few additional comments from Monte:

• We've held two Outings per year starting in 2015, and added an extra one last year, making 9 WTHO's so far.

• Except for the last one, we have averaged 15 to 25 participants per Outing.

• Outings are open to anyone and there hasn't been a charge or fee to participate.

• On the Saturday evenings we have a Dinner Get-Together that is really great to relax and meet everyone ... and maybe show off a favorite find or two.

Want to get on the Welcome-to-Hunt Outing Contact List? Just shoot me an e-mail to:
monte@ahrps.org .. or.. monte@stinkwaterwells.com

Thanks,

Monte
Re: Come Join Us on An Outing.
February 07, 2019 06:44PM
Gregg, I've always had a great time on most of the other 9 WTHO hunts and looking forward to the two this year! It's nice every once in awhile to get out of the AZ heat.
Tom
February 07, 2019 07:28PM
Hombre goes every year and says it's a blast.
February 07, 2019 09:27PM
Tom I agree, the outings have always been fun, meet people and a chance to find some old goodies. If Hombre comes I'll have to keep him and Monte separated. LOL they do more talking and detector horse-trading than they do detecting smiling smiley
February 07, 2019 09:50PM
I've only been able to go once, but definitely had a great time meeting everyone and detecting. I look forward to making another one hopefully in the not so distant future.
February 07, 2019 10:02PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hombre goes every year and says it's a blast.

Ole Harold--------Ole Randy (Hombre) has only been to one WTHO hunt.------He doesn't like our nails!smiling smiley-------Maybe we can entice him out here for another one if Monte is willing to do some more "horse trading" with him.winking smiley
February 08, 2019 06:22AM
Gregg if people only knew what has come out of these sites would prob be twice as many show up. Man I can't wait what a blast these hunts are. I dare anyone to come play in the iron at the 11th WTHO.
February 08, 2019 06:46AM
Looking forward to it Gregg. thumbs down

Rich

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
February 09, 2019 08:56PM
Where you been Gregg??? Snow got yah closed in up there?----Been waitin for you & Monte to show up over here!thumbs downsmiling smiley
February 09, 2019 09:05PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Where you been Gregg??? Snow got yah closed in u
> p there?----Been waitin for you & Monte to show up
> over here!thumbs downsmiling smiley

LOL ya rub it in Del. Snow and 20-25 mph winds today.........so yep, the weather has got me "closed" in. Careful though, might just take you up on your offer. Someday soon ya might get a knock on the motorhome door. Hope ya have a spare bed in that thing for Me, Molly & Binkers drinking smiley
February 09, 2019 09:16PM
Oregongregg Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Where you been Gregg??? Snow got yah closed in
> u
> > p there?----Been waitin for you & Monte to show
> up
> > over here!thumbs downsmiling smiley
>
> LOL ya rub it in Del. Snow and 20-25 mph winds to
> day.........so yep, the weather has got me "closed
> " in. Careful though, might just take you up on yo
> ur offer. Someday soon ya might get a knock on the
> motorhome door. Hope ya have a spare bed in that t
> hing for Me, Molly & Binkers drinking smiley

You & da dogs are welcome down here any ole time Gregg.----We don't have the M.H. anymore though, after all these years it gave up the ghost.----Traded it in & got a trailer now.----Man, I even (finally) got the water leaks taken care of in this new trailer!----Plenty of gophers down here for Molly & ole Binkers can dig up the coins for me! lol