Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro Compadre vs Tesoro Mojave ???

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tesoro Compadre vs Tesoro Mojave ???
February 08, 2019 10:27PM
Been toying with replacing my Compadre with the Mojave, I think its the same detector with a little more control. Isn't it???

Any opinions?

HH
Mike
Re: Tesoro Compadre vs Tesoro Mojave ???
February 08, 2019 10:49PM
I believe so.
It has the same ED-180 discrimination and frequency which make the Compadre popular.
With the ability to swap coils, adjust sensitivity and have slightly more ground control, it might be worth the upgrade
if you like your Compadre.

Bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2019 12:07AM by Cabin Fever.
February 08, 2019 11:32PM
I had one very briefly. I agree with CF. It may well become a classic T. Not a powerhouse, but the very effective 180 discrim circuit plus a hi/lo mineral GB switch and ca coil connector. Makes me wish I wasn’t so hot to double my money on one I bought locally a few weeks ago.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 09, 2019 12:05AM
The High Mineralization setting on the Mojave did well on the one wet salt sand beach I've been able to try it on (apart from the salt, the beach wasn't mineralized). The machine was stable, and found me some goodies. I'll be trying it on a few more beaches soon.

-Ken
Tesoro Mojave ???
February 09, 2019 12:33AM
Hey there Mike,

I've never used the Compadre, but I picked up a Mojave when they first came out. I like it. Pleasant to use. The ground balance toggle is handy where I live. I made a post over in Findmall almost two years ago that others added to. Maybe it will fill in a little bit more of the picture for you.

[www.findmall.com]

Hope that helps.

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
February 09, 2019 03:32AM
The Mojave will do everything that a Compadre will do, but much better. I swore up and down that I'd never sell my beloved Compadre, but that all changed after I bought the Mojave. Like I said before, with its short manufacturing life there aren't all that many out there and before long they're going to be in high demand. You just wait and see.

tabman
February 09, 2019 06:56AM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Been toying with replacing my Compadre with the Mo
> jave, I think its the same detector with a litt
> le more control. Isn't it???
>
> Any opinions?
>
> HH
> Mike

the "mojave" has more "punch" overall than the compadre,and the 2 position toggle switch helps in higher mineralized ground.
the "mojave" does have better depth.both use the ed-180 disc. circuit running at 12khz.outstanding recovery speed on both of them in the trash.i use my mojave to hit curb strips with good results.it's perfect for that application,having the 7" precision concentric coil.a great combo.overall,i would say the mojave"
is a deeper compadre with a great coil,and the ability to hunt in higher mineralized ground.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 09, 2019 11:43AM
I have a very nice mojave for sale. Pm if interested
February 09, 2019 11:41PM
I'm anxious so see how the Mojave does for you Mike.
February 10, 2019 02:36AM
Similar in performance. The edge would go the Mojave since you can change coils.....would change to the 5.75 coil, it is better in iron. The Mojave 7" coil is a great all around coil, but not in heavy iron. The low cost Compadre with small coil will do the job if your ground is low to mid mineralized. The Compadre came hardwired with the choice of 5.75, 7, and 8 inch coils. Larger coils are deeper, but smaller coils have the edge when it comes to unmasking in heavy iron. Silver Sabre umax or Troy Shadow X2 are also models to consider. Thanks
February 11, 2019 02:33PM
Thanks guys. I'll ponder it for a while. I want to try one of those new Whites GMK's first.

HH
Mike
February 11, 2019 05:46PM
The Mojave is a big step in versatility from the Compadre.
Really shines at targets close to poles in playgrounds, chainlink fences
in yards and along driveways and sidewalks with iron wire/rebar.
Also with tiny targets like earring backs, chain links and pellets/BBs
Killer for sports fields with the Cleansweep.
February 11, 2019 07:19PM
The CleanSweep is a good coil I picked up two more gold rings, one 10k and one 14K, both with stones, and a .925 silver locket yesterday with my cleansweep/compardre combo.

HH
Mike
February 12, 2019 02:18AM
Here is hoping you get that Goldmaster 24K Mike, been anxiously awaiting a coin and jewelry hunter's report on that unit.
Cheers,
Drew.