Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox 12 x 15 coil question

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox 12 x 15 coil question
October 04, 2020 08:36PM
Is it worth it
Re: Equinox 12 x 15 coil question
October 04, 2020 08:37PM
Does it get the added depth you would expect
October 04, 2020 08:47PM
I want it for coverage for dry lake beach hunting, nothing here is over 6" due to the hard pan clay.
October 04, 2020 09:37PM
I had two of them at different times. The first one I had was with the stock shaft. The weight and crappy balance made it uncomfortable to hunt with.

After I got my counter weighted shaft I took another chance with the coil. To make a long story short..

Yes the coverage was better on the beach. But I have a tendency to wander into the water and the coil was just to big.

My opinion...The Nox seems better tuned with the stock coil.

But hey that's my opinion. One thing for sure you will get the coverage.
October 04, 2020 09:52PM
I love it, its really sensitive for a big coil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2020 09:56PM by ghound.
October 05, 2020 06:48AM
I had one for a few months,the main advantage is ground coverage,does give some slight extra depth but not as much as most folks think.I bought mine brand new for a crazy low price and swapped it for a brand new Deus HF elliptical coil which suited my needs much better.

I am happy just using the stock coil,highly doubtful that i would buy another 15'' Nox coil just does not swing well for me.
October 05, 2020 11:39PM
I think it's a great coil. Took it to a hammered stage stop, not uncommon to work your butt off at it and dig zero coins, and I went into the sea of nails spot of the site and dug three seated dimes, it's was amazing in iron and nailed these coins. I posted a video of that hunt if you want to check it out.

Unfortunately most of my sites have too much overgrowth of one kind of another to facilitate such a large coil, but at the sites you can run it, it's a pleasure to run.