Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP DEUS ORX VS AT GOLD DEPTH..

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP DEUS ORX VS AT GOLD DEPTH..
February 21, 2019 06:54PM
Re: XP DEUS ORX VS AT GOLD DEPTH..
February 21, 2019 08:23PM
Good Video! Thanks for taking the time to do it.
February 21, 2019 10:00PM
Your welcome thanks.
February 21, 2019 11:30PM
Thank you that's what I needed to see being all snowed in. Looking forward to a depth tests with the 9" coil in fast and deep and different recovery speeds.

Rick
February 22, 2019 12:38AM
Defiantly like the display better. The AT Gold was tired when it came out.
February 22, 2019 01:10AM
Good video. Been wanting to see the ORX in action. But why the comparison against the AT Gold. You already knew and you've already showed what that unit can't do in your previous videos. I'd like to see what the ORX can do up against the Nox, Anfibio or some others. I'm not a Garret user, never have been, so no argument intended here. Just like to know why. Why not just demonstrate what the ORX can do and not compare to a unit you know is going to suck hind tit.smileys with beer
No harm meant for sure Cal. But why did you start the video like a 2 bit car salesman

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 02:12AM by Bill long.
February 22, 2019 01:49AM
Would be cool to see the differences (probably subtle), between the Deus and ORX.
February 22, 2019 02:05AM
ORX looks to be a very good detector, thanks for the test video.
February 22, 2019 02:27AM
BILL you are a good example of the CAN'T please everybody crowd.... One thing is for sure I aint trying to...
February 22, 2019 02:54AM
Thanks CD for the videos and your efforts. Not to many willing to do what you have to bring us information. Also , just viewed your other two videos and waiting for the 9" round coil video.

Thanks again really appreciate it.

El
February 22, 2019 02:56AM
Thanks, it takes a lot of work and some thick shin sometimes but I enjoy doing it.
February 22, 2019 03:08AM
Cal, I enjoy your comparison video's, but know from prior ones what the A T Gold can't do. I'd like to see more apples to apples like comparing the Orx to the Nox and Anfibio. Your second hobby is the same as mine, except I chase stripers. They can be a fun handful. HH jim tn
February 22, 2019 03:21AM
jim tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> except I chase stripers. They can be a fun handful.

Jim...so do I. Chase them up and down the NJ coast surf fishing. They be coming back my way soon !
February 22, 2019 03:24AM
jim tn Wrote:
> Cal, I enjoy your comparison video's, but know fro
> m prior ones what the A T Gold can't do. I'd like
> to see more apples to apples like comparing the Or
> x to the Nox and Anfibio. Your second hobby is the
> same as mine, except I chase stripers. They can be
> a fun handful. HH jim tn

I would also like to see it up against machines that might stand a chance.
February 22, 2019 04:18AM
Thanks for the Vid Cal. Would love to see the 9" coil in operation. I just might pick one up at some point.
February 22, 2019 04:29AM
Call BR549!

Givem Hell Calabash. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 22, 2019 06:37AM
Looks like it up averages the VDI just like the Deus. Owell.. Seems to me the ORX/Deus line are just beep and dig relic detectors (worthless VDI). With the Deus deep nickels would sound and ID in the 70+ range making the multi-tone capability worthless and any nickel notching all the more worthless. Say what you will about the Nox but with a recovery set to 7 and a nickel notch at 12-13, Im able to pull 6"+ nickels out of the trash and iron with rock solid ID (and yes give me the clad nickels!). Only reason I point this out is due to XP naming the preset program "coin deep"... more like "nonferrous deep"..

Edit: Nothing like digging 9"+ beavertails wondering ""could it be a old nickel??"" nope beavertail.. thanks worthless VDI..

Also thanks for a look at the machine in your garden.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 06:40AM by Mike C.
February 22, 2019 12:24PM
Some of you all seem to be forgetting.

Some new folks tuning in here or even in the broader scheme audience wise may not know At Gold performance. And the AT Gold is priced closer to ORX.

Main thing is the vids don’t seem rigged as far as outcome.

We see other folks bring older units out and compare to newer units frequently. Has been done here. Didn’t see the complaining then.

Of course one can always not watch.

And naturally one can always go buy ORX and buy other detector models and do some videos and post here. I’ll watch too.

Have a nice day.
February 22, 2019 01:45PM
I could be wrong but I thought he chose the AT Gold to do the comparison with simply because the coils on the two machines were comparable in size. My take on it was, he was trying to show apples to apples.

Of the Equinox coils, only one of those would be close to what the Orx and Deus offer, and that would be the 11 inch low freq or X35 coil to compare to the stock 11 inch Nox coil. I actually got out for about an hour yesterday at my bullet field with the Deus and 11 inch X35 and tried it against the Nox with the stock coil over a few bullets. I'm keepin' both machines.

It would be interesting to see the Anfibio against them though, because it does offer coils in those sizes, including a 9 inch round and elliptical, and 11 inch round. If he doesn't have those coils, he can't do a test though, and this testing can get expensive when you're doing it on your own dollar.
February 22, 2019 02:02PM
Those are your opinions TSS, and the rest of us have ours, whichever direction they may go. I was merely suggesting that Cal is setting there with 3 different $899.00 detectors in his arsenal that would be more apples to apples comparing rather then seeing another comparison to a lesser priced detector. One that has already been beat on pretty hard. Me, personally, I am still quite happy with a F 75 LTD2 DST as my main detector for old coin hunting, but am very interested in acquiring either a Nox, Orx or Anfifio, as well. Since Cal has all 3 it seemingly would be a grand opportunity to see all 3 in action together. HH jim tn
February 22, 2019 02:31PM
Lesser priced detector??
ORX comes with wireless headphones.
The Gold Don’t.

Wonder what a ORX lite package with only cheap wired headphones would fetch?

The $899 detectors comes with wireless headphones too you mention.

The Deus lite is cheaper bought than ORX right now.
Check out a few dealers sites and you’ll see.

Deus lite is being listed at $799 by some.

Really the more I think about this.
Looks like At series, just the waterproofing is costing folks around $200 a unit.
The money paid for one sure ain’t for depth and or separation.

Folks getting into detecting have choices. And some likely look around to see how Detectors compare.
Watching just hunt vids where one detector is more or less constantly being used sure won’t paint the whole picture will it??

Here’s a gent that recently bit the bullet and came over to the dark side.
Seems he too thought he had cleaned out his site.
[metaldetectingforum.com]

And the amazingly thing is he was wet behind the eaes with his new model and still finding stuff.
Hint hint!! Here to folks reading.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 02:55PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 22, 2019 03:02PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I could be wrong but I thought he chose the AT Gol
> d to do the comparison with simply because the coi
> ls on the two machines were comparable in size. M
> y take on it was, he was trying to show apples to
> apples.
>
> Of the Equinox coils, only one of those would be c
> lose to what the Orx and Deus offer, and that woul
> d be the 11 inch low freq or X35 coil to compare t
> o the stock 11 inch Nox coil. I actually got out f
> or about an hour yesterday at my bullet field with
> the Deus and 11 inch X35 and tried it against the
> Nox with the stock coil over a few bullets. I'm k
> eepin' both machines.
>
> It would be interesting to see the Anfibio against
> them though, because it does offer coils in those
> sizes, including a 9 inch round and elliptical, an
> d 11 inch round. If he doesn't have those coils, h
> e can't do a test though, and this testing can get
> expensive when you're doing it on your own dollar.

Daniel-----I always appreciate your opinions.-----What is your reasoning (performance wise, etc.) for keeping both the Deus & Nox?-----Do you (and you obviously do) feel they "compliment" each other & if so, in what ways?-------Thanks-----------Del
February 22, 2019 07:10PM
Hey Cal lots of great points being made, anyways love the new camera angles, think u should stick with those love being able to see what the display is reading.
February 22, 2019 07:16PM
Mike C Wrote:
>. Sa
> y what you will about the Nox but with a recovery
> set to 7 and a nickel notch at 12-13, Im able to p
> ull 6"+ nickels out of the trash and iron with roc
> k solid ID (and yes give me the clad nickels!).
>

just curious what nickels come up in your ground, come 12 13 in mine and on air tests lol how u find them if your notching the 12~13 nickel range??
February 23, 2019 06:59AM
Sorry meant to say not discing out 12-13..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2019 07:04AM by Mike C.
February 23, 2019 05:51PM
how does it make out on gold chains? my deus gives a TID of 00 to 06 on a bunch of 9ct gold chains and the horseshoe signal is over on the left side indicating a bad target not worth digging
February 23, 2019 08:10PM
diggers Wrote:
> how does it make out on gold chains? my deus gives
> a TID of 00 to 06 on a bunch of 9ct gold chains an
> d the horseshoe signal is over on the left side in
> dicating a bad target not worth digging

You go by horseshoe position behavior using Deus on dig no dig decision, you will leave finds in the ground. Audio, audio audio is what to base decision.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2019 08:11PM by tnsharpshooter.