Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Seperation

Posted by bailey1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Seperation
February 27, 2019 09:53PM
Druid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi J.T.,
> I don't think you can go too far wrong with that s
> et up, they will both signal on coins to the same
> depth I reckon, probably deeper that one would nee
> d for boulevard strips, and urban drops in general
> in areas that haven't been re-graded or landscaped
> .
> I was seriously looking at both the T2+ and F75+ m
> yself, dealer was clearing out discontinued Pro Ar
> c model, it has all the same features as F75 LTD,
> came with the 5" coil, a wicked gun case I can use
> for my rifles, write in rain paper I can use in my
> work, rechargeables & charger, and a bunch of spar
> e parts same price pretty much as the F75 + so I b
> it on it. Also picked up a 7" round DD Mars Lion c
> oil for it so I will be trying it after snow goes
> away.
> Had an original F75 and loved the ergomomics but f
> ound it was too noisy for me, (audio fatigue), lik
> e you I hope the DST and iron volume to lower the
> noise factor will make it a winner. Time will tell
> .
> Cheers,
> Drew.

hi drew!
yes i saw that "version" on fisher's web site,but i believe it is too price,for the "extras" it offered...great marketing tool,i will admit,and another option to "kick machines along their way!
yes! you and i have similar thought patterns on this.as we 'both" know there is no perfect detector,but i'll bet the t2 ltd se
is as "versatile" as it gets,and me on fixed income (retired) am forced to think that way.back in '07 i was thinking if ONLY first texas could get it to "shut up" around (e.m.i.) then they would have a genuine "nut buster"of a detector..apparently that day has come.they seem to be moving a lot of "package deals" right now,so i guess others agree as well.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 27, 2019 09:59PM
Same here DanielTn.
I didn't get my F-75 LTD w/ boost upgraded to DST for that same gut feeling reason that they'd tame it, lobotomize it, so to speak. The all metal on it is deeeep, I wanted it to stay that way. I can take the spark from it. You get numb to it after years of running with it. My LTD is bad asz with the 5" coil as far as separation goes. Not as good as some modern units but it will do until a huge difference comes to light.
February 27, 2019 10:08PM
The Sef 6X8 coil should be another consideration for the T2. It provides stable ID, separation, and surprising depth. My T2+ sports this coil exclusively, and by it’s performance, am surprised not to hear of others using it. A great alternative worth investigating.
February 27, 2019 10:23PM
My F-75 LTD DST is pretty much silent all the time. I routinely run the Sense at 90 or higher and hardly hear a peep out of it even in all metal.

I haven't hunted with DST off yet but I have a feeling it won't make much of a difference.

My pre-DST T2 SE was unusable in my back yard or near powerlines due to EMI. I don't think the F-75 LTD will be nearly as noisy with DST off. I'll try it as soon as we get a warm day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2019 10:29PM by Badger in NH.
February 27, 2019 10:35PM
therover61 Wrote:
> Thanks for posting the link Badger. One of the bes
> t threads ever.
>
> I think an F75 (any model) and T2 units with the 5
> inch DD are extremely capable detectors in any tra
> sh environment.
>
> The ergonomics of those units with that coil are e
> xceptional, hence coil control is very easy to do.
> That is paramount when hunting in trashy environme
> nts as overlapping needs to occur and it is very e
> asy to 'get sloppy' and completely miss a lot of a
> reas, where a inch is all it takes to sniff out a
> good target.

this is "dead nuts" accurate! even though a dd coil transmits "straight down",the mere 'size" of the coil mandates at least a 50% overlap,and sometimes requires the patience of "job" to
ascertain "proper" coverage,the potential rewards of this "combo" cannot be over emphasized..what he say!..the balance
and "performance" can be ''stunning" "smart money says to leave it on the business end most of the time!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 27, 2019 10:44PM
Kraemer Wrote:
> The Sef 6X8 coil should be another consideration f
> or the T2. It provides stable ID, separation, and
> surprising depth. My T2+ sports this coil exclusiv
> ely, and by it’s performance, am surprised not to
> hear of others using it. A great alternative worth
> investigating.

yes! it's a great 'tip" if it works as well as you say,then it should be investigated! i know " for a fact" the 6+8 sef coil works well for other makes,notably,whites m6. comes to mind...thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 28, 2019 01:09AM
I really like the 5'' coil on my original T2 but in the last 9 months have been using my Coiltek 6'' DD coil which was a prototype one and was never put into production as far as i can tell,it not only gives surgical target separation like the 5'' coil does but also give better ground coverage albeit not alot,also when i us it in AM mode it also gives a slight depth advantage as well.