Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D JUST GOT HERE...

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ3D JUST GOT HERE...
February 26, 2019 12:45AM
How did you guys want it setup to be tested in my dirt? Remember its mild...
Re: CZ3D JUST GOT HERE...
February 26, 2019 01:06AM
You do understand it's for deep old coin hunting, not hunting in heavy iron?
Anyhow,
Make sure it's set on enhanced
Turn disc to all metal
Set sensitivity on about 5 1/2 to 6
Set ground balance to 0 and Bob the coil
1 to 8 inches. Turn clockwise until you have no noise.
Switch to 0 disc and go hunt.
February 26, 2019 01:26AM
I do understand. Thanks that is what I needed to know.
CZ3D JUST GOT HERE...
Hey Calabash,

Done with the AT Gold, Next . . . . . CZ-3D. >grinning smiley< Careful of stepping on toes . . . .

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2019 01:27AM by Gonebeepin'.
sent the gold home today...
February 26, 2019 01:49AM
We would be more interested in seeing a comparison test between the ORX & E800.------You have both of those detectors don't you?
February 26, 2019 02:37AM
Don't swing too fast.

You got a concentric coil on that baby so separation ain't it's strong suit. What coils are coming with it ? The 5 inch coil has some pretty good depth and does separate well. The 8 inch coil is the best overall coil for it in my opinion.

There are ways to figure out some deep iron. You use some of the better iron separators/ID units on the market so it's not gonna go toe to toe with them in that regard. You got that Deus humming using Pitch tones, so your ears are tuned to that and you do extremely well with it. Getting used to only 4 tones won't be hard though. Pretty straight forward. I don't even use the meter...I strictly tone hunt with mine. Will be interesting to see how your targets ID on it.

See if it hits repeatably as a high tone on the deep coins. If you get some high/mid tone bounces swinging one way, attack from a different angle and see if the target cleans up as high tone only.

CZ's aren't hard to use but they do take time to learn their nuances....and there are a few.
February 26, 2019 03:27AM
8 inch coil... I just really want to swing it over the targets (silver coins) in my garden and see how it does.
February 26, 2019 03:44AM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 8 inch coil... I just really want to swing it over
> the targets (silver coins) in my garden and see ho
> w it does.

Should do well on them. Keep us posted.
February 26, 2019 08:09AM
Hopefully you got a hot one that's calibrated properly.
February 26, 2019 01:03PM
My buddy said this one had been done by Tom.
February 26, 2019 01:44PM
Yes but is it a 12" or better model? That's a Hot one.
Ask your Friend how many inches it was calibrated on a dime as Tom can only do so much. He should have a report from Tom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2019 01:52PM by Harold,ILL..
February 26, 2019 02:10PM
Good grief, you think you guys are giving him enough hoops to jump through for this one? Haha. It's a shame a machine can't be a standard off the production line model, and has to be hand selected top tier, pro model.
February 26, 2019 02:35PM
Google Mikes CZ page as its a bible for CZ users...going to dig deep rusty nails at the start but with practice and time in the field the deep silver will come...old technology at its finest....Make sure you get the ground balance procedure via bobbing and set sens. as high as you can without too many ghost signals...Hot or not in air tests it will go deep in the ground where it counts...wanted to wrap my original CZ6 around a tree after digging those deep rusty nails but now dig few but anyone can be fooled now and then..
February 26, 2019 03:04PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good grief, you think you guys are giving him enou
> gh hoops to jump through for this one? Haha. It'
> s a shame a machine can't be a standard off the pr
> oduction line model, and has to be hand selected t
> op tier, pro model.

I will not buy one unless it's at least a 11.5" model as just a inch can be the difference in finding a valuable coin or walking over it. Its a shame the New Models are not all up to snuff as I would gladly buy a New one with warranty and save for the day when Mine dies.
I don't know much but I do know CZ-3D's as have been using them since the first run. That's years not a month or two.