Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

THE LONG AWAITED CZ3D

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: THE LONG AWAITED CZ3D
February 27, 2019 09:15PM
I'll back you up Harold.

I would feel uneasy letting my best friend use my T.T. , 12.2" 1021 cz3d.... let alone sending it out of state to a stranger. I had to reason with my self to send it to Tom D.
I don't feel the same way with my other detectors....crazy, isn't it?
February 27, 2019 09:45PM
Comparing these older units to modern tec units is like comparing stats and records from athletes years ago to today's athlete. We wouldn't bash the old timers and say they suck because the athletes of today are better, or they're no good because today's athletes broke the old records. But if you want to bash detectors, have at it, it can be entertaining and the responses can be fun to read. grinning smiley

I for one, am waiting for a big difference in performance between new tec and my cz or f-75's.....as I can see (thanks to vids from calabash and others) it may be getting to that point to start saving my shekels for a modern unit. So far my money and time has been put towards my home remodel. If I was to spend it on a detector instead of say, tile, well the old true and honest saying 'Happy wife, happy life' comes to mind and my wife seems to love me more when I'm doing projects, lol.

So again, thanks for the comp videos calabash....keeps me abreast on the difference between old and new as to know when to get ready to take the leap.
February 27, 2019 09:46PM
Thanks Ozzie. I will tell You what I live in Chitown and are ground is still froze solid. But when it thaws I will try to do a video on My smartphone. I have a 10" Merc. buried it will hit but will bury a fresh one. That is the best I can do for now. My ground is moderate too so not quite as mild as Ole' Cals.
February 27, 2019 10:08PM
What is amazing is here we are, watching a video comparing a lights out, newest digital technology, make all other detectors obsolete model against a unit that houses 20 year old analog technology and talking about the MARGINAL differences in the units.

Says a lot about a CZ in my opinion.

Lets have a video comparison of a rotary phone vs an iPhone. I think that analogy is pretty fair in relation to a CZ vs a Nox 800.

Lot more than just marginal differences in that one though.

For the record, there can be more than marginal differences in older made CZ's and the new ones that first came out from FT. That has been proven. The older Fisher units had certain components and a certain spec that was adhered to, in addition to a quality assurance guideline that ensured a top notch quality product with optimal performance. The company was taken over and that spec was either thrown out, short cuts were taken (or different components were being used), and the strict quality assurance procedures were not followed at first.It sure as hell makes a difference.

It is well known the first few runs from FT produced less than standard units.

Tom D provided a service that helped bring back some of the less than standard units to run at the optimal it could. There were some were depth could not be increased, but the calibration could be corrected. Tom made that very clear when he first started doing the service.

If you were stuck with a less than standard unit with less than standard depth, you were SOL in the depth department. Tom could do the re-calibrating, validating, etc.

Not sure as of today, if he figured out a way to make a less than standard depth unit, back to at least standard (which would be I believe an air test on a dime, at sensitivity 4, 10 inches...or something like that).
February 27, 2019 10:50PM
Calabash I got the 9" HF coil with mine.
February 27, 2019 11:14PM
theover61 do they call alligators lizards where your from? Marginal …...you call a machine that can hit a 14 inch silver coin in my soil vs one that can only hit a nine inch silver coin a marginal difference. I WOULD HATE to see what you call a big difference...smoking smiley
February 27, 2019 11:34PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You said it I didn't. Ask Dave J. about the calibr
> ation procedure. He knew it was a issue after He l
> eft the company.

Ask Dave? We are all beat a dead horse familiar with the story. It has been discussed ad nauseam here and other forums...by Dave himself as woof!.

The very fact that somebody created a business out of tuning sub-par versions is all you need to know about buying an El Paso one. As far as getting a 1021...good luck.

Hell...my Anfibio has USB updating...for free. I am 100% skeptical of an update that will magically improve it the way a Tom tune can. Let's be CLEAR I am not knocking Tom...kudos to him and his business. Made plenty of people happy.

The issue here is the "never good enough" position towards Calabash's video...the original topic.

Like the F75 "hot ones"...or Tesoros being "super tuned"....there is literally no way for Calabash to win here. He must have a Los Banos...1021...Tom tuned...stickered...on file...CZ.

The only way for that to happen is for somebody to send him one....and then...drumroll....there will be yet another issue or something CD did not do right. smoking smileydrinking smiley

It's getting bonkers. These new detectors are supposed to be winning....right? Or would all the old timers be happier if it just stalled and never progressed?

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
February 27, 2019 11:43PM
Its really a weird psychological thing IMO. Some of these guys hold a belief so deep about a piece of plastic it is unreal. It reminds me of a study my wife did on cognitive dissonance ….. where people have such a deep rooted belief about something and then their showed evidence contrary to that belief and it unhinges them….then they try to prove that belief even more even though it is not sustainable ..

EQUINOX OR CZ3D FOR COINS?? No brainer …….common sense type deal.
February 27, 2019 11:48PM
HunterGT -- 100% agreed. There will always be another hoop setup for him to jump thru, no matter what he does. To appease the groupies (nothing wrong with being a fan) he is gonna have to get one of those rare 12+ inch validated units. Those that have em ain't gonna send him one because for now, they can use that as leverage and an excuse. If they were to send him one of the coveted machines and it didn't stack up against whatever he tests it against...then that eliminates the goto card that likes to get thrown into discussions like this. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2019 12:02AM by Daniel Tn.
February 28, 2019 12:27AM
Well like I said above it will hit My 10" Dime and I don't tell ghost stories. I will try to do a smartphone video when ground thaws. And My ground is Hotter than Ole' Cals. But with Calibration I have almost 7 bills in this Detector. That may not be much to some on here but to this Ole' Boy that's a lot of cash. Also good luck getting another hot one as they rarely come up for sale.
February 28, 2019 12:57AM
Harold honestly that is about the most ridiculous crap I have ever heard. Its the super secret white whale of metal detectors. There are detectors straight out of the box that will blow that thing away calibration and all. 7 Bills well my friend you got ripped off....
February 28, 2019 01:10AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> There are detectors straight out of the box that will blow that thing away calibration and all

Above this line is a total bullshit statement. Unless blow away is a half inch more in depth. In mild ground. No wind. Birds chirping and 500 miles away from any salt water.

Never mind. I guess he was talking about a GPX 5000.

But hey, it's his mild soil test garden so that encompasses the entire hunting spectrum across the land right ?
February 28, 2019 01:20AM
Well the way I understand it the CZ3D aint worth crap in hotter ground... so you better be glad I tested it in my mild soil. You wished the other detector were only beating it by a half inch.....You do mean 4 inchs dont you.....???
February 28, 2019 02:25AM
This used to be a good place to get varied experiences and information about our hobby.

Every once in a while a seagull flies in - makes a lot of noise - craps on everything - and hopefully - flies away.

Insults - discourtesy - personal attacks - I can get that lots of places - I expect better here.

Folks who don’t want more conflict and strife in their lives will leave places which promote it - just saying.

Tom...are you OK with this crap?

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2019 02:28AM by lytle78.
February 28, 2019 02:35AM
P,S. I have been on this forum for 9 years - check out all of my 1,725 posts to date. I’m sure you will find something to object to.

Others who have posted more than me in much less time may have more enthusiasm than me. A year or two down the road we can look back and see how it all played out.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2019 02:39AM by lytle78.
February 28, 2019 02:37AM
Duplicate post

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2019 02:38AM by lytle78.
February 28, 2019 02:46AM
This is the last bastion that will allow the Basher to spew his vitriol. Friendly, Finds, they all got tired of it. He baits you with a video then hammers the dissidents. It’s just a game to him and your being played.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2019 02:51AM by Kraemer.
February 28, 2019 02:49AM
The only question I have is. why would anyone send a proven detector that they know what it will do to someone who knows zero about any aspect of it, to "test" it in the yard and expect anything other than what you see here?
February 28, 2019 02:58AM
Man I can't wait to see what machine is on the next menu of Calatrash Bash narcissistic video. Should be as much fun as all the rest.
February 28, 2019 03:09AM
Oops

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2019 03:13AM by lytle78.
Where have we come since the CZ-6 / 6a / 5 / 3D -
February 28, 2019 03:18AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Its really a weird psychological thing IMO. Some o
> f these guys hold a belief so deep about a piece o
> f plastic it is unreal. It reminds me of a study m
> y wife did on cognitive dissonance ….. where peopl
> e have such a deep rooted belief about something a
> nd then their showed evidence contrary to that b
> elief and it unhinges them….then they try to prove
> that belief even more even though it is not sustai
> nable ..
>
> EQUINOX OR CZ3D FOR COINS?? No brainer …….common s
> ense type deal.

Hey Calabash,

I'm not going to bash the CZ as I used one exclusively. I bought a CZ-6 when they first came out WAY BACK when, used a CZ-6a for nearly 5 years through the late 90's. I had an exceptionally stable and deep Tom tuned CZ-5. (No Sticker on the bottom that I remember, just his written report). In 2000 I traded in my CZ-6a for an Explorer XS and off I went. I appreciated the abilities of the CZ but found what I believed was a better way of doing MY hunting. I don't think anybody here is going to be foolish enough to tell me the Explorers / Etracs are poor at finding deep silver coins.

I think that many here on the Dankowski Forum have fond feelings for the CZ-6 or one of its' variations. I do. Doesn't mean that I want to go back to using one exclusively. But it is nice to reminisce to the good old days. Those good old days were good. Finding good stuff was easier. Less competition. It was a good time to be detecting.

Nowadays, many of the inland places we hunt for older coins have been hunted over and over and over. Those that return to these places can continue to use the same technology they have been hitting them with for nearly 3 decades if they wish. (I speak of the CZ's) Perhaps by changing up their tools and doing things a little different they can glean some additional left overs that the older technology isn't able to unmask. Tom writes about this all the time. All of the stuff left in the ground that is MASKED. That's what we should be looking for, the MASKED stuff.

To me, this is what your (Calabash) videos are all about. Moving to that next step. Some don't want to take it yet. Some don't see the need. Some are happy to go back with very successful detectors like the CZ's and the BBS and FBS machines or the latest F75 variant that they know so well and hope they can tweak out another few keepers. They probably will if they're good. They should.

Others want to try and find a few more keepers than they usually do. Why not try to improve our methods? Isn't that why we gather here on Tom's forum? Seems like common sense.

Calabash, what you need to remember is the old adage; A man convinced against his WILL is of the same opinion STILL.

Be good,

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
February 28, 2019 03:38AM
My 2.5 cents here.
A few whys here.

Why didn’t First Texas make a new detector that’s set for peak performance ( tones and depth), that mirrors or exceeds CZ3d (a properly calibrated one).

Wonder if Nokta or Xp came out with a deep detector tomorrow (has the potential) but needs calibrating. And an owner has to pay shipping to and fro as well as $$ to the calibrator?
Folks I think would be screaming bloody murder.

Maybe if more folks would have bitched or even better wouldn’t have purchased, First Texas would have done better with CZ3d.

Why no dd coils for them?? Or are they available?

Are their any market coils available for them?
I honestly don’t know,

How many batteries do they use? Is it 8?
Thst’s a lot of weight additionally to be packing around.

How about a CZ3d that looks similar to Nox?

Needles for meters on detectors is for the birds in today age.

I have never used one. I watched a few videos and seems in my soil there are better choices (for depth) for actual detection as a nonferous targets and ID to boot.

Cheers and happy detecting.

Still wondering how many bullets in Daniels coffee can. Did a little math. And had to make a few assumptions based on the pic he showed. We’ll know soon enough.
All in fun.
I don’t need a pinpointer.

Bye

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2019 03:41AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 28, 2019 04:04AM
How about you do it - if it’s so easy?

Ever wonder why there have only been three simultaneous multifreaker detector platforms marketed? The ML ones were just variations on a theme. ML BBS, CZ, Whites V3. No others.

Why, it’s not because it’s hard to make a detector which transmits a primary frequency and strong harmonics. What’s hard is to make it work significantly better than existing multifreakers or a powerful singlefreaker like an F75.

Don’t you think that Whites, Garrett, Minelab, First Texas, Makro, Xp - and many others would have brought a world beating new platform which could have left current stuff “in the dirt”?

The millivolt signals returned from the complex ground and possible metallic targets are extremely hard to extract definitive information from. Way harder than finding fish in water or even big clumps of aluminum in the air (radar). Add to that the PENNIES that detector companies can afford to invest compared to Lockheed Martin, Nothrop Grumman (I have worked for both) and others can afford to invest to seek US Government contracts - and you have where we are today. Small teams on tight budgets, doing the best they can with one of the toughest problems in physics.

Rick Kempf
February 28, 2019 04:05AM
Quit your crying...all that crap you guys gave me on the other threads and personal insults yhall threw at me. Now your gonna come over here and start crying. lytle78 Wrote:
> This used to be a good place to get varied experie
> nces and information about our hobby.
>
> Every once in a while a seagull flies in - makes a
> lot of noise - craps on everything - and hopefully
> - flies away.
>
> Insults - discourtesy - personal attacks - I can g
> et that lots of places - I expect better here.
>
> Folks who don’t want more conflict and strife in t
> heir lives will leave places which promote it - ju
> st saying.
>
> Tom...are you OK with this crap?
February 28, 2019 04:13AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> How about you do it - if it’s so easy?
>
> Ever wonder why there have only been three simulta
> neous multifreaker detector platforms marketed? T
> he ML ones were just variations on a theme. ML BB
> S, CZ, Whites V3. No others.
>
> Why, it’s not because it’s hard to make a detector
> which transmits a primary frequency and strong har
> monics. What’s hard is to make it work significan
> tly better than existing multifreakers or a powerf
> ul singlefreaker like an F75.
>
> Don’t you think that Whites, Garrett, Minelab, Fir
> st Texas, Makro, Xp - and many others would have b
> rought a world beating new platform which could ha
> ve left current stuff “in the dirt”?
>
> The millivolt signals returned from the complex gr
> ound and possible metallic targets are extremely h
> ard to extract definitive information from. Way h
> arder than finding fish in water or even big clump
> s of aluminum in the air (radar). Add to that the
> PENNIES that detector companies can afford to inve
> st compared to Lockheed Martin, Nothrop Grumman (I
> have worked for both) and others can afford to inv
> est to seek US Government contracts - and you have
> where we are today. Small teams on tight budgets,
> doing the best they can with one of the toughest p
> roblems in physics.

I presume your comments are aimed at me.
If so.
I think you don’t understand what I was saying.
Nothing about the looks and face plate looks modern on CZ3d.
So basically it needed a makeover.
And use the exact same tech or whatever.
Just use smaller components, etc.
Even if the performance mirrored the CZ3d - properly calibrated would suffice. But if some small minute gains could have been achieved the merrier.

Notice First Texas tinkered with original F75 unit with dst didn’t they.

Yeah a new CZ with similar to Nox appearance and priced right would sell imo, Make waterproof too.

Any younger person looking at detectors, appearance alone of CZ3d is a big turn OFF for them- Looks like a dinosaur!!! Looks don’t do it justice. Anyone here think of Equinox would have looked similar to X terra, would Nox have as high a sales numbers?. Of it Nox would have looked like CZ3d but waterproof??

The older foggies here, maybe they can’t see this here what I am talking about.
I’m 57 almost and I can sure see.

BTW where is the supposed CZX stagewise?
Someone in the REAL know throw us a bone or 2.

Later Rick

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2019 04:20AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 28, 2019 04:28AM
Those who can DO. Those who can’t - comment - in some cases at great length.

I can’t design a detector - so I can only comment.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2019 04:29AM by lytle78.
February 28, 2019 04:46AM
CZX rather proves my point. A leaked distributor briefing in East Europe by First Texas divulged a development program they had underway. Time passed and it turned out that what I wrote is true. It’s incredibly difficult to make a true breakthrough in the art of metal detection. The CZX never materialized in spite of what was probably a long and costly development program.

Had the PowerPoint presentation never leaked, the world would have never known. I wonder how many other detector companies development projects never reached market. Not to mention the sad failures which did get to market and flopped - there have been many.

No need to choose up sides and smell armpits here. Most of us came to learn. Much of what gets posted here promotes that learning. All those who contribute in good faith are doing well.

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2019 04:48AM by lytle78.
February 28, 2019 05:42AM
I'm not much of a video watcher, so I had never watched Craig's (DetectingMo) videos.

Kudos to Craig. His videos are very good and I appreciate the brevity. He can say in three minutes what takes Calabash several times longer. Partly because he doesn't spend half the video just filming himself talking.

More controversy=more views. And views are the currency of YouTube. Calabash puts that click-bait on his line and reels us sucker fish in.

Kraemer, you nailed it. We're all being played.
February 28, 2019 11:51AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> This used to be a good place to get varied experie
> nces and information about our hobby.
>
> Every once in a while a seagull flies in - makes a
> lot of noise - craps on everything - and hopefully
> - flies away.
>
> Insults - discourtesy - personal attacks - I can g
> et that lots of places - I expect better here.
>
> Folks who don’t want more conflict and strife in t
> heir lives will leave places which promote it - ju
> st saying.
>
> Tom...are you OK with this crap?

Its your fault and other long time members of this forum picking on Calabash Digger for posting a thread forcing him to defend himself.

Then when the man defends himself you do not want him around So let me guess the "seagull" is calabash digger and you hope he flies away?

You are the second or third guy who wants Calabash to quit or leave the forum. Who do you guys think you are? WE DON'T WANT YOU IN OUR CLUB........

I laugh when someone gets defensive over a detector. The words "bash" or "talk bad about another mans detector" is childish.

I have been detecting for 24 years. My father , uncles and cousins are the ones who taught ME about detecting.... They are my HERO'S, not members of a metal detecting forum....

I have never even heard of a "CZ3D". besides why would you buy a antique with the tech that is out now!! LEAVE THE MAN ALONE!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2019 11:52AM by colonial78.
February 28, 2019 12:04PM
Examples of why we defend inanimate objects, sentimentality ;
-Driving a 60's muscle car verses a newer, faster, lighter, all wheel speed demon.
-Wood working with manual tools verses power tools.
-Hunting or target shooting with an old re-curve bow verses a new compound. Shooting your pops old rifle.
-Keeping old cards or letters your young children gave you to express them selves.
-Using an old reel your dad gave you in your youth so you would experience fishing.
-Owning antique furniture because of the build and the looks.
-Digging up relics because we like the feeling we get when daydreaming about our past history.
-Buying and maybe fixing up a century or older stone or framed house.
-Using an old legendary analog detector that you know like the back of your hand. One that has made gallons of adrenaline pump through your heart and has sniffed out hundreds of artifacts and old coinage.

Just a few examples why we prefer using the outdated, obsolete and cumbersome. It's not just ALL just business. We know the newer can save us some time and be more efficient. We often go by feelings we can't explain or make sense of. I can see the newer is better and it doesn't bother me when comparisons are made. I know what my old cz can and can't do. I won't get offended by the bashing....I understand the points as to why would you use an old outdated detector verses a new tec one. I've been trying to express 'why' in my posts. I'm definitely not a word smith. Hope y'all can catch my drift.....