Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Half a Year Since Equinox Update

Posted by goodmore 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Half a Year Since Equinox Update
March 02, 2019 09:23PM
So it has been half a year since the one and only update for the Equinox. I am a firm believer in the old saying if isn't broke don't fix it. But I have seen various posts on the forums about wanted updates. Has anyone seen or even heard rumors about something in the pipe line? It seems Minelab doesn't like to update all that often. What was there...two updates with the CTX? We as customers get sucked into the update feature and it seems to be used very sparingly. Is it a useful feature or smoke and mirrors? Me? I was hoping for something before the beach is full of... as Max would say...."depositors"

At least a tweak or adjustment to the last update since many beach hunters uninstalled it and went back to the factory release.
Re: Half a Year Since Equinox Update
March 02, 2019 10:01PM
Hmmm....pretty sure there was only 1 update for the CTX, and it was mainly for the pinpoint button which I really appreciated and something else maybe it was in the saltwater program?

Aaron
March 02, 2019 11:48PM
I haven't heard of anything coming up. I believe the update feature is mainly used by ML to fix bugs (based on their past behavior). In which case, I believe it to be a worth while feature for that alone. It would be really nice if ML would follow in XP's footsteps and offer regular performance enhancing updates. I am stuck in the belief that the Nox is their intro machine to a new line of detectors which will include a new version of the E-TRAC, etc. If that is the case, I don't foresee them updating the Nox much. Who knows?

If they do offer a update, what would you like to see changed?

Dean
March 03, 2019 12:05AM
Aaron..... wasnt there an update to the CTX to ADD a salt setting once we convinced them it didnt work in the water? Good..... buddy, dont hold your breath. ANY improvements that can be made to the the machine will be in the NEXT version. The ONLY reason they keep us connected is to FIX bugs WE find that were missed by the experts testing the machine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2019 12:06AM by dewcon4414.
March 03, 2019 12:34AM
One change right off the bat.
On EQx 800 models, the user profile is tied to global settings.
I wish global settings could be broken from use of user profile. Or allow global settings to be active or not- user’s choice.

Would like to be able to see actual version software that is currently installed with ID.

All I can think of right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2019 12:36AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 03, 2019 12:43AM
Coin on Edge & Depth gage not being very accurate .....lot of people say the last firmware update did not fix it. ? ..... like Max would say ...its looking Bleak that another Firmware update will fix it to.
March 03, 2019 03:02AM
I'm digging deep coins on edge and the depth gauge is much better, good enough so I know if a coins deep or shallow.

I'm with Dean, I think the Equinox is finished and their already working on the next generation detector with MultiIQ technology, perhaps it will reintroduce features from the Etrac or CTX, or perhaps new features. Minelabs innovative, so it'll be interesting to see what they do, but it'll likely be years down the road given their current successful lineup of machines.
March 03, 2019 04:36AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aaron..... wasnt there an update to the CTX to ADD
> a salt setting once we convinced them it didnt wor
> k in the water? Good..... buddy, dont hold your
> breath. ANY improvements that can be made to the
> the machine will be in the NEXT version. The ONL
> Y reason they keep us connected is to FIX bugs WE
> find that were missed by the experts testing the m
> achine.

Dew,
yes as I recall it was a mod to the Salt program, though didn’t really pay much attention as I hunt in fresh water.
The pinpoint mod was a big improvement though!

Aaron
March 03, 2019 10:37AM
Id still like to see more adjustments to the beach modes. I seriously believe there is room for more depth and sensitivity IN the water and wet sand. From using the 8000...... i think adjusting the salt setting might do the trick to reducing a bit of the chatter. The salt setting seems to change the deeper we are in the water....... increasing chatter to the hard pan.
March 03, 2019 11:09AM
Cmon now! The CTX also had the Chinese language update...